Is staying neutral bad?

PitzaHutt

Hi!

So if I will have equal amount of light and dark points, will I be gimped somewhere in the game? Like not being able to wear some cool "tier" gear, which has only light and only dark versions?

I have found to date, that nothing that is Dark/Light restricted is particularly game changing. It is going to mostly be looks and maybe access to mod-able boots more easily, etc, but nothing that can't be resolved via crafting etc.

The biggest value IMHO is getting 'unique looking' things, like Dark V will get you access to a specific epic speeder, but there are epic speeders for everyone, just a different look for a Dark V, Light V or CE.

All the stuff that requires dark or light side points are cool, but none of it is going to make you gimped thats for sure. Sure you may come across a light III that is great, but by end game level 50, it wont be as important, there is plenty of non-sided armor for end game content (and along the way) that makes for the possibility of going neutral.

Just do whatever you wanna do, you wont be gimped.

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

I'm a smuggler and I'm having a hard time getting either dark or light...some scum deserves to die, others don't. Like that little puke rodian we saved on Ord Mantel for the Republic. The pirate guy...

He deserved to get smoked,,,just for trash talking to his rescuer.

On the other hand,,,

They did a super job design this part of the game, that for sure. Lotta fun and very replayable.

Relics seem to be the only gear truly affected by staying neutral.

I'm a smuggler and I've decided to stay neutral in the mix of things and just make my credits and woo a few ladies.

Going full light/dark will unlock gear vehicles and titles. To my knowledge there isn't even a title to be had. I have around 5000 alignment sunk almost evenly into light and dark and still nothing. For a game that prides itself so much on choice to have left out the option of neutrality and only focused on the two ends of the spectrum, it makes me sad. :(

so far as i can tell most of gear says " dark " restricted is either visual thing OR is limited do to crystal color. If find a weapon and says " restricted " check cystal color if your dark I or light I ect could be the cause. Personally not been a real issue for me so far. Only found a handfull of gear was restricted and none of it was a must have.

If you want to get your hands on a good relic and not have to go datacron hunting or just crossing your fingers and hoping one will come in a reward container, then you have to go light/dark

Only craftable relics I've seen so far have light/dark restrictions on them as well as relics from vendors. Bioware need to either remove light/dark from relics or make neutral options of the available light/dark ones already, but then I guess there would be zero point to the light/dark allignment on relics since a neutral one could be used by everyone. Its not even a gear piece anyone can see, so why is there allignment restrictions? its not offering any cosmetic value.

Edited by MasterPetricco

There should be more Neutral exclusive gear. Why do the extremists get all the fun?

Only thing I've seen as an advantage to being neutral is using any colour crystal you want, and I'm not sure thats even true for some of the extreme ones, perhaps the white crystal requires you to be light to use it, but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that.

There should be more Neutral exclusive gear. Why do the extremists get all the fun?

What he said. The alignment on the opposite sides of the spectrum get a free ride on great relics while I have to go out in the world and actually look for them? Light/Dark alignment chooses get to have gear they can purchase for only a few thousand lousy credits that are right there, waiting to be bought on a vendor. Where the hell is the neutral vendor?

It's not a huge deal for me but give equal opportunity for everyone who's done the same thing. That's just plain unfair and bad design. Moral alignment should have absolutely NO effect besides being PURELY cosmetic.

This was a bad idea. Please, add a neutral vendor BioWare.

Edited by Nightrode

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Oh, Zapp. I was thinking this while reading the OP.

I'm pretty up there in Light points on my Jedi, but on my Smuggler, I like doing a mix of Light/Dark. It's more appealing to me that way, I enjoy it much more than being a purely light-side Jedi.

I heard a rumor during Early Access that BioWare was contemplating Neutral gear. Hopefully that becomes true.

What he said. The alignment on the opposite sides of the spectrum get a free ride on great relics while I have to go out in the world and actually look for them? Light/Dark alignment chooses get to have gear they can purchase for only a few thousand lousy credits that are right there, waiting to be bought on a vendor. Where the hell is the neutral vendor?

It's not a huge deal for me but give equal opportunity for everyone who's done the same thing. That's just plain unfair and bad design. Moral alignment should have absolutely NO effect besides being PURELY cosmetic.

This was a bad idea. Please, add a neutral vendor BioWare.

The open-ended cosmetic options for going "Gray" are arguably just as attractive (if not moreso) than the cosmetic options for extremism.

My Agent is neutral. She's not a bloodthirsty psychopath, but sometimes in her line of work she has to do some bad things to people. She's not a goody-two-shoes, but she finds needlessly harming innocent civilians distasteful. She also hates Sith. They are constantly trying to interfere with her work, and she resents it....So chances are good that if a Sith is in favor of something, she will be opposed to it.

I have to say that I am disappointed that BW seems to be trying to push us to one extreme or the other. Neutral is a valid choice, and I'd like to see some things in the game for those of us who prefer a more balanced character.

Edited by belialle