The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Soon™: Not funny BioWare

Kurin

I realize that the use of Soon™ is a clever tongue in cheek answer that the PR folks at BioWare like to use when players keep asking "When will XYZ happen?". I understand the point of "Soon™". You get XYZ question 85 Million times and you aren't ready to answer it yet, so you answer with "Soon™". Although I'm not a fan of this response, particularly when you obviously know far more that could be shared, but whatever...if your PR department has data that tells you it's a useful approach, I know I simply need to accept it, since it's clearly not going to change.

However, today, BW chose to use "Soon™", when they needed to miss a previously (numerous times) committed date for the 3.0 announcement.

This time, in my opinion, the use of "Soon™" was horribad. Seriously BW, you can't miss a date, and then try to make a joke about it. At that point, it's not funny. It's a serious business failure and by using "Soon™" you are making a joke about your own failure.

Not laughing,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it hilarious.

i'm having a hard time keeping my threads straight...

Between the ones debating the delay, the ones complaining about the delay, what the delay means...

God help them if they:

say something and turns out wrong

take to long to say something in fear of being wrong

don't say something

say anything since they then get asked a 1000 questions resulting in the above 3

rancor and SWTOR forum member

One consumes anything and everything within seconds is extremely ravenous and ill tempered. The other is a rancor.

Between the ones debating the delay, the ones complaining about the delay, what the delay means...

God help them if they:

don't say something

say anything since they then get asked a 1000 questions resulting in the above 3

One consumes anything and everything within seconds is extremely ravenous and ill tempered. The other is a rancor.

I'm just laughing right now at the hilarious trolling being pulled by BW here. I was expecting an announcement myself, but I don't mind waiting a bit more since I'm still enjoying this game.

God help them if they:

don't say something

I lol'd cuz it's so true...and I think were all guilty of it :D still Bioware needs to keep there promises...even it is just from a business standpoint.

On a serious note, I also think it's poor taste to keep spamming the "SoonTM", whenever they feel like it.

As mentioned earlier in another thread, Eric and Tait ran a Twitch stream last friday, for two whole(!!!) hours or so and there are two possibilities: Either they knew nothing about it -- which is frankly disheartening since it implies their involvement in the game is close to zilch -- or they pretty much lied to the player base who asked if the announcement was still coming, this week.

Again, it's poor form, both failing the deadline and then spamming "SoonTM", trying to brush yet another f*ck up in the process. Just feels like they're trolling.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I agree 100%. That being said, I hold product delivery to a much higher standard than marketing delivery.

But seriously, who ever is in charge of their marketing needs to be fired. They SUCK at marketing. And when any business stinks at marketing...the business starts to decline. I should know cuz I'm working for a place where that is happening lol

Yeah ffs, they *********** up ... a promise is a promise ... and they are breaking it. Now how would they feel when we suddenly start unsubbing because they cannot be relied upon?

a lot can happen in 20 days. It was an estimate, I've had a lot worse estimates, at best its a guess.

The only issue here is personal expectations and OMG MOAR!!!!

Info will be released when it is released. Simply put they decided NOT to put up the poster so far in advance because they are adding/changing the content and want to give the most accurate information possible. If you unsub because they didn't realase INFO on a future expansion (Note, not the expansion itself, or fixes related to it) then the game will be better off for it.

I can haz your stuff?

"promise" Did they ever say promise anywhere? No they didn't, they just said we might expect something in September. I really don't care as long as they stay on their schedule for a 2014 release.

No no no no no

They said we could expect something this week... this friggin week, so thats a promise they must keep.

"promise" Did they ever say promise anywhere? No they didn't, they just said we might expect something in September. I really don't care as long as they stay on their schedule for a 2014 release.

It was a little stronger than "we might expect something in September"

No no no no no

They said we could expect something this week... this friggin week, so thats a promise they must keep.

:rolleyes:

I can't believe people get so bent out of shape about a PR stunt that they would probably get bent out of shape on even if they did release it this week.

No no no no no

ERMERGD!!! ITS OVER!!! THE WORLD IS OVER!!!

the faux rage is a bit hard to stomach, people can't seriously be upset about something like this?

well, ok, they can...doesn't mean they should.

CMON MAN!!! He came out and said that we subscribers are getting something cool and also the "expansion" WILL BE RELEASED as scheduled. it is not bad, just relax and don't forget to keep your subscription active!!!

You're confused.

This is cool. This is a crappy reskin.

Imagine which one subs received.

Also, they said they're committed to releasing the expansion this year still.

You must learn to read the fine-print, padawan.

I know there were some forum members that predicted the announcement would be delayed, and they received quite a bit of fire from the community for saying so.

At any rate I find the interest in the announcement encouraging. I can certainly understand the frustrations of some folks, and agree that Bioware often paints themselves into a corner when giving time estimates.