Nintendo's Smash Bros online match rules "Why cant this be done in SWTOR"

-QuanChi

This is in the rules for online match play in Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 3DS.

Direct quote from the manual:

"Quitting during a match, continually self-destructing, idling, or attacking one person excessively will count toward penalties forbidding you to play online matches for awhile"

Hello Dev's!?!

If you banned players "attacking me excessively" in ranked I would have no one to play against. The mechanical definition of "self-destructing" is too sketchy for effective implementation.

No thanks.

A lock-out on ragequiting might be a not so terrible idea but BW have refused to implement that for 2.5 years. I doubt they'll fold now.

Edited by CaptainApop

(Just to make it clear, I'm talking about ranked only. I couldn't care less about regs, even though they might need some love to be more enjoyable. Or just a premade.)

1) Make it easier to report players (like it is in League of Legends, for example, on stats screen you can "honour" i.e. MVP or report.)

2) Add report categories - win trading, win throwing, feeding, griefing or whatever. Heck might even add "unskilled player" report category like in LoL. Being bad in ranked is a crime by itself. :D Definitely add reporting for afk/quitting.

3) ACTUALLY BAN PEOPLE. I've never been a fan of permanent bans, no, no need for that. But 5 minute, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, etc, that's reasonable.

We need a deserter penalty for ranked matches.

If you leave or DC in 2 matches over a 24h period, a 24 lockout on ranked solo arenas.

Legacy wide, so it applies across all your characters on that server.

Too many leaver in arenas or people who constantly miss queues.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

What about when half your team after the first wipe go sit on objective and when you ask why they say well we can't win.

Its basically 2v1 for the rest of the match. Im leaving at that point. Why should I be punished and not them?

I don't think being a ***** and giving up would count as breaking any rules so why should leaving there's little difference.

Edited by Tellenn

This is in the rules for online match play in Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 3DS.

Direct quote from the manual:

"Quitting during a match, continually self-destructing, idling, or attacking one person excessively will count toward penalties forbidding you to play online matches for awhile"

Hello Dev's!?!

Near impossible to enforce and incredibly lame. Then again this is Nintendo. Can't be hurting anyones feelings! I guess focus firing healers is out the window since we cant attack one person excessively lol.

This isn't a good method. Go back to playing Pokemon.

Something should be done about afkers. Not quiters. I am at a point now in mid-level PvP that I will leave if the team is horribad and is just a waste of my time. I understand why people quit, but I will never understand why people afk.

This isn't a good method. Go back to playing Pokemon.

Something should be done about afkers. Not quiters. I am at a point now in mid-level PvP that I will leave if the team is horribad and is just a waste of my time. I understand why people quit, but I will never understand why people afk.

I would assume for the same reason you leave. Except they get rewards at the end and get a free 5 minutes to puruse other interests online.

Until they find a way to make really bad players better or increase the population to actually make games somewhat even based on roles and skill, nothing will fix the problem of leavers and AFKs.

If you banned players "attacking me excessively" in ranked I would have no one to play against. The mechanical definition of "self-destructing" is too sketchy for effective implementation.

No thanks.

A lock-out on ragequiting might be a not so terrible idea but BW have refused to implement that for 2.5 years. I doubt they'll fold now.

Agreed... If they aren't attacking me excessively I'm not doing my job right... Especially if I'm healing ;)