Force potency crit rate decreased ?

xX-Archangel-Xx

I did kinda feel the same way when I logged in for the first time since may last week. But I didn't really think anything of it.

Maybe I should, maybe it's just that someone stated it.. we somehow all kinda felt like it but it's really nothing.

I'd suggest bioware to investigate to be sure, but don't get your hopes up for a conclusion that suits you.

Before the patch I felt I could never get the damn thing to crit.

but then again I also can't tell you how many times on my pyro that my railshot doesn't crit despite the fact that I have explosive fuel up.

Probably just your neighborhood confirmation bias in action.

I've been meaning to test this out. Once TORParse is back up, I'll upload a parse where I run around for a good half hour on a lowbie planet and Discharge things to death, so I can reset Recklessness more often.

Have fun splicing all those logs together.

Have fun splicing all those logs together.

Torparse lets you look at a time interval. I can then search for Recklessness in my log, then count how many Force abilities I have to use before I lose Recklessness, and then count how many crits I got in that period of time. It's actually quite easy ... if TORParse would be available again >.>

I already spent the better part of 15 minutes running around Balmorra critting things, so my gut instinct is going with "Confirmation Bias." But I'm still going to try to look at the numbers to be sure it's not a little less.

Edited by Aelanis

Probably just your neighborhood confirmation bias in action.

It's not just pvp, I noticed this in PvE when I was doing the heroic on oricon. There's definitely something off with FB/Discharge. Even when it crit against the champion it only took average of 6-6.5k. I think it used to do over 7-8k (but of course I can't confirm this since I don't have a time machine).

Also asked a friend who only plays infiltration if he feels something is off. He also says something is different since 2.10, he says he doesn't have trouble critting, but feels like his damage is lower.

Edited by sithBracer

PvPed for near 5 hours today, and in light of this I actually kept track of this and came out with the following:

Crit with buffs: 80%/ 20%+60%

Number of times Discharged with Recklessness: 197

Number of times Discharge Crit:163

%Crit = 82%

Seems about right in my book.

PvPed for near 5 hours today, and in light of this I actually kept track of this and came out with the following:

Crit with buffs: 80%/ 20%+60%

Number of times Discharged with Recklessness: 197

Number of times Discharge Crit:163

%Crit = 82%

Seems about right in my book.

I appreciate your feedback, ty for reply

I paid special attention to my FB today, it crit as normal but the damage on crit was 6.5k average against sorcs/operatives. I think they lowered the damage.

Whatever they did, infiltration is a garbage spec now. Great job BW.

I noticed no difference in PvE when I went around testing the crit chance a little while ago. I'll post the results when TORParse comes back up.

I paid special attention to my FB today, it crit as normal but the damage on crit was 6.5k average against sorcs/operatives. I think they lowered the damage.

Whatever they did, infiltration is a garbage spec now. Great job BW.

mmm i've noticed too, Discharge crits like 6.5 k not more, maybe they have lowered a litle the damage, in an unofficial way

I noticed no difference in PvE when I went around testing the crit chance a little while ago. I'll post the results when TORParse comes back up.

Yeah, I crit normally, I guess before I had bad luck. But the crits hit for lower than before. like I wrote my crits hit sorcs and operatives for around 6.5k not more. My damage against a jugg tank was even worse. Some crits were less than 6k. I remember one of them was 5.7k. He had no DCDs on at the time. With a saber ward on it took around 3-4k.

Against a PT it did low 6k's. And against PvE geared sorcs (he had 39k) it took almost 9k.

On an unrelated note, my CS took around 1.1k damage each hit against a pvp geared sorc.

Edited by sithBracer

Yeah, I crit normally, I guess before I had bad luck. But the crits hit for lower than before. like I wrote my crits hit sorcs and operatives for around 6.5k not more. My damage against a jugg tank was even worse. Some crits were less than 6k. I remember one of them was 5.7k. He had no DCDs on at the time. With a saber ward on it took around 3-4k.

Against a PT it did low 6k's. And against PvE geared sorcs (he had 39k) it took almost 9k.

On an unrelated note, my CS took around 1.1k damage each hit against a pvp geared sorc.

Totally true, crits especially discharge one, hit less than before, i did a 6k on a sage, without def cd's or buff, maybe bad luck, but it seems they glitched someone in discharge properly damage

Totally true, crits especially discharge one, hit less than before, i did a 6k on a sage, without def cd's or buff, maybe bad luck, but it seems they glitched someone in discharge properly damage

I've yet to see that problem in PvE. I've seen some 10k Discharges in HM Ops, and I've seen Evo's numbers on NiM content, and it's critting 9-10k.

They changed the damage each stack, but not supposedly overall. Personally I haven't noticed an issue, and I have more discharges though, so even if the damage output is a little less per hit, it hits MUCH more often.

I would also completely disagree that deception is ****... so would a lot of the people killed by a sin. Heavy armor may give us a little trouble, but it should be that way.

Edited by bluesoldier

They changed the damage each stack, but not supposedly overall. Personally I haven't noticed an issue, and I have more discharges though, so even if the damage output is a little less per hit, it hits MUCH more often.

I would also completely disagree that deception is ****... so would a lot of the people killed by a sin. Heavy armor may give us a little trouble, but it should be that way.

Someone min/maxed in power with 1460 bonus damage critted around 6.5k average with discharge and over 5k average with shock. It may have been unintentional, but I think our crit damage was lowered. At this point my juggs impale does more damage than a shock crit and a marauders scream auto crit (which he gets much more often) does more damage than our discharge (a lot more). I wouldn't say it is **** but it isn't what it used to be.

Someone min/maxed in power with 1460 bonus damage critted around 6.5k average with discharge and over 5k average with shock. It may have been unintentional, but I think our crit damage was lowered. At this point my juggs impale does more damage than a shock crit and a marauders scream auto crit (which he gets much more often) does more damage than our discharge (a lot more). I wouldn't say it is **** but it isn't what it used to be.

I think it may be a PvP thing. I just did a couple Deception parses on the Ops dummy and was getting numbers consistent with 2.9. Granted, 21.9% natural Discharge crits kinda sucks, but it happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.