Pls, No "Level 60"

Foambreaker

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well think of me with 16 characters to level , when the cap goes up , my friends are already preparing to laugh at me and imagine if the cap goes up to 65 lol. That's 160 levels to level , ugh.

Truth be told though I want to the cap to go up 10 levels , not for me as stated above but for the people who want it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

There are very good reasons a new level cap is added into the game.

The most important is that without a new level cap, gear progression at level 55 would become absurd. A fresh 55 would be so underpowered because dozens of gear sets would have been released. They would be forced to slog through multiple operations, with varying difficulties to even begin to catch up.

A gear reset (or new level cap) is necessary in a vertical progression based game. Each level cap can only support 3-4 levels of new gear before a new level cap is needed.

Note: This applies to equipment based games, not horizontal based games.

Well think of me with 16 characters to level , when the cap goes up , my friends are already preparing to laugh at me and imagine if the cap goes up to 65 lol. That's 160 levels to level , ugh.

Truth be told though I want to the cap to go up 10 levels , not for me as stated above but for the people who want it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It would be impressive if they gave us enough content to warrant 10 new levels.

This is my fear... a level increase with no meaningful content to challenge the now more powerful player. I mentioned in another post that Level increases without corresponding level appropriate content would take any semblance of difficulty out of this game. Now that may be fine for some, but not for me. I like the challenge, I like to have to work towards beating something.

Would the current "end-game" ops (Lvl 55's) become as easy for the new Lvl 60-65 to run, as it is for a geared 55 to run the Classic Ops today?). There isn't a significant challenge to Lvl 55's outside of Ops or PvP as it stands today. The difficulty of the Tactical FP's are a joke for a 55 (Rakata is a perfect example).

Increasing the level cap without providing a challenge that requires the new level cap is really a bad idea.

I fully disagree. Leveling is fun, and I am looking forward to leveling my characters once again.

Then make an alt. Increasing the level cap is lazy and terribly by design. MMO's need to learn to do horizontal progression and stop with the garbage "reset" by raising the level cap unnecessarily.

I must admit you are correct here. I guess it all depends when that other dev team started the expansion and how big the team is. Two Makeb sized planets worth would be cool. I guess it wont be a free expansion though , even if it's 5 levels.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Then make an alt. Increasing the level cap is lazy and terribly by design. MMO's need to learn to do horizontal progression and stop with the garbage "reset" by raising the level cap unnecessarily.

I'm glad you didn't tell me to make an alt lol. No more alts for moi that's for sure , in fact no more lots of characters in MMO's for me full stop. 3-8 characters is enough for anyone's sanity. Hence my 16 characters has made me a little loopy :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I must admit you are correct here. I guess it all depends when that other dev team started the expansion and how big the team is. Two Makeb sized planets worth would be cool. I guess it wont be a free expansion though , even if it's 5 levels.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I agree. Two Makeb-sized planets would be fantastic! I'm not getting my hopes up quite that high, but would be very happy if it happened. You know, so long as they also provided new Ops, FPs, and WZs. Basically, I want more of everything. :eek:

I doubt it when they did Makeb black hole gear would basicly take you right to level 55.

^^this is true,i remember that if i would have not had full black hole gear to go on makeb when doing first time the 50-55 road i am sure i could of have a much harder time there.