So Rakata Prime... The wrong direction in difficulty

Toweleeeie

It required you to pay attention.

I think that is what most of us would like to see in every flashpoint. We understand that tactical flashpoints are supposed to be easy. It does not necessarily have to be hard but it should require a player to pay attention to what is going on the screen. Any mechanic is good as circles, debuff, long cast that needs to be interrupted, kiting to a marked place, anything! Don't make bosses that basically have no mechanics. It's awful gaming experience.

Edited by PavSalco

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing about Lost island is no one did it. BW has metrics to prove it. why the hell WOULD you do it when the amount of difficulty involved was greatly at odds with the loot you got from it. Lost island and explosive conflict came out to attempt to appease the hard core "we want **** hard as hell" crowd, whom all left anyway.

No, they didn't. There are just a fair number of vocal players who don't want to gear to level, learn mechanics and spend more than 15 min on a fp, unfortunately. I'm hoping that at some point they remember the players who actually like playing the game, with all that entails, and start giving us well thought out, challenging and immersive fps again.

Edited by errant_knight

I like when new players talking about Lost Island how is soloable and similar things, too bad that most of you didnt try that flashpoint with only tionese or columi gear.With Denova ops it was most dificult content in the game at that time.

Back in the Peragus Mining Facility, before I relocated to the Red Eclipse, I used to type something like...

LFM / Explosive Frustration / Vexation

Used to elicit a good laugh. :D

It required you to pay attention.

Said like nothing else does...

Yet I see:

- people ignoring grenades in Benes/Krupp fight and die (in simplest boss fight in MMO history)

- people standing in bad in Khoris/Modo fight

- people ignoring adds in STO fight and causing wipe

How long has it been already? 7 or 8 months?

Edited by Halinalle

Seriously, this new FP is completely solo-able. The bosses lack anything resembling mechanics. I am REALLY hoping that the HM versions of Forged Alliance are on par with original Lost Island in difficulty or harder.

It is a beautiful landscape but it is way to easy.

Mechanics like Lost Island are a mistake for pug flash points. Sure it is easy now that you have 55s running a 50 HM, but when we were 50s getting LI done pretty much required a guild run.

I'm fairly sure they said in a livestream that they're going away from HM FPs and just sticking solely to tacticals.

hmmm i seem to remember hearing the exact opposite they said that hardmodes are coming and tacticals are replacing the story mode flashpoints

Said like nothing else does...

Yet I see:

- people ignoring grenades in Benes/Krupp fight and die

- people standing in bad in Khoris/Modo fight

- ignoring adds in STO fight and causing wipe

Don't be a fool.

People can ignore most mechanics in a tactical flashpoint and still muddle through. Heck, half of the people can die and the two that are left can finish them off.

Frankly, this is true for most level 55 HM FPs as well. I've been in terrible groups that ignore mechanics, and we can STILL pull it off.

This wouldn't fly in Lost Island. You cannot zerg your way through those fights -- you need to know what to do.

Edited by Khevar

Really? If this turns out to true, I am going to be severely disappointed.

That's a straight up falsehood. They're not moving away from trinity FPs at all. In fact, we know from other sources that the three FA FPs will have HM versions in the next expansion.

I wanted to chime in here, though I have not done the new Tactical yet, as I have been frustrated by the new Tactical/ story mode flashpoints for lack of "design".

I have been here since pre-launch and I am sure others can back me up here but I believe Lost Island had received 3 nerfs since launch- again as others have pointed out that yes this was a serious FP (pre 55 gear) and sometimes referred to by some as a "mini" Op for it boss fights and mechanics.

The new Tython/Korriban tacticals I felt were boring trash mob pulls and cookie cutter bosses; and felt Manaan was more to the point and much shorter so I didn't mind the uninteresting fights as much. Now I don't mind at all running a HM 50/55 FP that is challenging and fun but that is where I take my point from- I feel that they have not designed good flashpoints sm/hm since the original content when discussing these new tacticals. I welcome more "original" lost island flashpoints and original style HM's as I always welcome the challenge.

Wanted to put my vote in for Red Reaper Hm, but must say colocoid not so much :-P

I just ran this FP for the first time, on my Guardian Tank. His gear is composed of 162-168 armorings with set bonus, 168-180 mods and enhancements with the proper stats, with a 156 hilt. Everything not moddable is 162 rating, and the lightsaber and armor is augmented.

So not badly geared nor extremely overgeared, the way I see it. :cool:

We had 2 Sents similarly geared and another Guardian Tank in 168-180.

So, an easy run, right?

Indeed, too easy! Not only we used the healing station once in the whole run, we never dropped under 80% (the two DPS) and 90% (us tanks), and that was mostly due to the untauntable bosses. :rolleyes:

And on the final battle, Jakarro was on top of the enemies threat table regardless of what we did. Taunts, Guardian Leaps on him... Nope, the bosses were only focused on the guy.

Seriously, we could have remained on the side and watch as he killed the two bosses with that piece of stone, for what we really could do... :(

I was hoping for something with a little of challenge, something like the Manaan TFP that made me think before attacking. This one is a berserk fest, charge the enemies, smash them, run to the next group. Rinse and repeat. Out of battle rest is also not needed. :mad:

Why can't we have something that gives us a sense of accomplishment once it's done? :o

Tbh, I would have had more fun reading these forums... There's always something going on here, at least. :D

EDIT: The reference to the Manaan TFP is just to remain in the same area. If I was to talk of the old 50- FPs... :rolleyes:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

That's a lie.

In a Twitch stream, they said we could expect HM versions of these flashpoints in the future. ;)

That's a straight up falsehood. They're not moving away from trinity FPs at all. In fact, we know from other sources that the three FA FPs will have HM versions in the next expansion.

Phew. Thanks for the info, guys. I'm glad to see they aren't shoving HMs into a corner and acting like it doesn't exist. :o:)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

And here we have a marvelous specimen to behold. The wild Mmoicus-gameracious in it's natural habitat. Known to be a common species on the continent of Internetia, the Mmoicus-gameracious is an animal driven solely by its need to prove it's dominance over it's small social group.

In this rare footage, we see a male of the species attempting to assert it's dominance over the rest of the pack, by making bold claims of personal hunting ability through indirect braggartry. Notice as it attempts to make itself appear larger by standing on it's hind legs, it's mated and ill kept fur attenuated by the follicles in it's back to an upright position.

The Mmoicus-gameracious is a sexless beast. Mating once every ten years, if at all. Opportunity's for self promotion cannot be ignored.

It's call is as the sound of pity made wave form. A weak and desperate cry cracking from it's intended baritone into tones so high it's own species cannot hear. It's claim of prowess made to it's own satisfaction, the male Mmoicus-gameracious recedes unaware, as always, that it has fooled no one.

It will not be mating tonight.

Edited by Slipfeed

And here we have a marvelous specimen to behold. The wild Mmoicus-gameracious in it's natural habitat. Known to be a common species on the continent of Internetia, the Mmoicus-gameracious is an animal driven solely by its need to prove it's dominance over it's small social group.

In this rare footage, we see a male of the species attempting to assert it's dominance over the rest of the pack, by making bold claims of personal hunting ability through indirect braggartry. Notice as it attempts to make itself appear larger by standing on it's hind legs, it's mated and ill kept fur attenuated by the follicles in it's back to an upright position.

The Mmoicus-gameracious is a sexless beast. Mating once every ten years, if at all. Opportunity's for self promotion cannot be ignored.

It's call is as the sound of pity made wave form. A weak and desperate cry cracking from it's intended baritone into tones so high it's own species cannot hear. It's claim of prowess made to it's own satisfaction, the male Mmoicus-gameracious recedes unaware, as always, that it has fooled no one.

It will not be mating tonight.

^^ So much win.

Seriously, this new FP is completely solo-able.

Sounds good to me!

It is the same with Maanan, you can solo that as well.

Also sounds good to me. Solo-able is the direction I like.

That said, I'm not at all opposed to group-level difficulty versions...as long as there are also solo-able versions.

Well written and amusing, but what are you saying? Easy content is good? Communication over content is bad? You don't like the trinity in gameplay? Or simply that you don't care for your fellow gamers?

Oh! I know! It was about the hms, right?

Edited by errant_knight

Why do you people expect a tactical flashpoint to be difficult for geared 55s?

If the fp is dropping 148 gear from bosses then it is designed for people with up to 148 gear - i.e. makeb green gears and maybe some blue gears

Just by looking at the stat difference between 148 gear and 162/168/180 gear you know it has to be easy for you

As for mechanics, story mode flashpoints has been mostly easy, bar Lost Island and long stuns in Tion.

If you are used to Ops mechanics then you are going to be disappointed, but for a person who has only played sm flashpoints they are reasonably challenging. Hell, most people I met in leveling flashpoints are incredibly bad and cause wipes all the time, I still get wipes in sub 55 KDY all the time.

Try it, quite a few people in Drop it Like it's Hoth have solo'd it, I know of both Jugg DPS and Merc healers who have done it. Required geared companions but then there is no real reason if you raid to not have a companion in at least full 180's with some Dread Touched with the amount of that that goes to waste.

Not at level 50, in columi, pre bubble nerf they didn't...

Edit: nvm thought you were talking about LI HM

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Why do you people expect a tactical flashpoint to be difficult for geared 55s?

If the fp is dropping 148 gear from bosses then it is designed for people with up to 148 gear - i.e. makeb green gears and maybe some blue gears

Just by looking at the stat difference between 148 gear and 162/168/180 gear you know it has to be easy for you

As for mechanics, story mode flashpoints has been mostly easy, bar Lost Island and long stuns in Tion.

If you are used to Ops mechanics then you are going to be disappointed, but for a person who has only played sm flashpoints they are reasonably challenging. Hell, most people I met in leveling flashpoints are incredibly bad and cause wipes all the time, I still get wipes in sub 55 KDY all the time.

Nobody expects them to be hard, as lot of people have (sort of) agreed, Manaan had some interesting mechanics that made you at least try to pay attention to the fight. Nothing like that in Rakata...