Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Weird Places you Died

Xzerofour

Just wondering if anyone has some crazy places they ended up after they bit the dust :D

For me I was hit by one of the Dismantler's cast and I was launched into the torch. I blamed the fire of coarse :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10610692_791638744222100_6350041997552360196_n.jpg?oh=4d28d3f04fbbda38bff06602b6993a17&oe=5498ED20&__gda__=1419172118_4c61e8831cd2db709ca54e7ede8575d2

Just wondering if anyone has some crazy places they ended up after they bit the dust :D

For me I was hit by one of the Dismantler's cast and I was launched into the torch. I blamed the fire of coarse :p

]

Define crazy?

Arcadium or wherever for the Dread Seed quest line was awful. Miss the jump by a tiny bit that you swear if characters could grab the ledges, they would and claw their way up Legend of Zelda style. Fall down the never ending pit and start from the very start again. *shudders* Don't care, never doing that quest line again. Just get the mission items, dump the missions and to on GSI dailies.

When we all were new to this game:

Cademimu:

- First elevator run, all the way down (I expected it to be one of those clicky elevators)

- Everyone knows that one jump, right? "It's not bad. I can do this" and moments later "Oh ****!"

- Long elevator run after wookiee boss (It's a slope! You can't die!)

Edited by Halinalle

The Aurora Cannon.

We'd had a good run and got the end without any trouble, killed the boss and just had to disable the generators etc. I ran to mine and the W key got stuck, before I realised what was happening I'd run over the edge, died and respawned at the entrance :rolleyes:

Luckily I was doing a guild run and we all had a good laugh about it...

I was approaching the end of the long path to the Makeb endurance datacron and made a jump that was a little too high that stuck me on a ledge above the ledge I was trying to reach.

Instead of letting me jump down to the ledge below, it just instantly killed me and made me walk all the way back around.

was on Makeb on my tun tun mount trying to avoid combat with trash mobs, saw a small hill and could see land below it that i could use to slip past so ran up and over the hill only to see a small but very deadly gap in beetween the hill and ledge, had to start again.

But my Favorate was doing Athis in Beta.

other player: " oh s**t, he spawned fire"

Me: "dont worry ill kill it"

you have been defeated

Me "s**t run"

During Colicoid Wargames where you are fighting on the platforms, most players will force push the droids off the platforms. I was playing a Jedi Guardian and tanking for the group. I hit force leap right as someone hit force push, I leaped after the droid and followed him off the platform right down to my death. My team mates were laughing so hard, and I was nominated for a Darwin Award by one of my teammates.

LOL

I think one of the more funnier moments was when some of guildmates over TS were saying make sure not to fall through the holes on the bridge that were the exit for a finished fight of Dread Master Raptus. Just as they said that, I fell right through the holes in the bridge.

The first time I made it to the Makeb endurance datacron, I was so happy I went afk to grab a beer. I was literally shaking I was so excited and stressed out from the journey. When I got back to the computer I spilled my beer and inadvertently hit the autorun button. My character dove off the platform while I was cleaning broken glass off the floor. It was the most traumatic experience of my SWTOR career. (I hadn't grabbed the datacron yet.)

The Arcanum from the Imp dread seed quest wasn't weird so much as mindbreakingly frustrating.

Let's see . . . there was the time I ALMOST died trying to get the cartel security achievement on fleet - I was standing near the sniper, wanted to make sure I didn't mess up so I jumped to the platform rather than walking, and sailed over it instead. Still got the achievement.

Lots of times at the Senate Tower taxi station on Coruscant. Where the ramp is vs. where it's a drop to certain death is kind of counterintuitive.

When we all were new to this game:

Cademimu:

- First elevator run, all the way down (I expected it to be one of those clicky elevators)

- Everyone knows that one jump, right? "It's not bad. I can do this" and moments later "Oh ****!"

- Long elevator run after wookiee boss (It's a slope! You can't die!)

Oh God, the Elevator of Doom!

I can't count the times I idiotically died there during the first few months.

:eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.