Conquest Base Boss Game Play Broken

Oxter

I'm really pissed off at the game play for killing the opposite faction conquest base bosses. Yesterday our guild found a named imp conquest boss on Belsalvis. No other guild was in the vicinity at the original pull. However during the fight we noticed another guild zoning in.

We had the boss down to about 50% when their guild proceeded to taunt the boss from us until he reset wanting the kill for themselves. This hapened multiple times and became a stand off. We've had this happen to us before but this time we stood our ground for over 3 hours until a 3rd guild showed up. This kind of antisocial behavior is unfortunately all too common these days and is destroying the game play for others.

Bioware needs to make a change to the mechanics of conquest base bosses so that when one group engages the boss a second group cannot chain taunt to reset.

The whole gameplay of this conquest boss kill doesn't appear to be well thought out. Bioware, please fix it.

Oxster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really pissed off at the game play for killing the opposite faction conquest base bosses. Yesterday our guild found a named imp conquest boss on Belsalvis. No other guild was in the vicinity at the original pull. However during the fight we noticed another guild zoning in.

We had the boss down to about 50% when their guild proceeded to taunt the boss from us until he reset wanting the kill for themselves. This hapened multiple times and became a stand off. We've had this happen to us before but this time we stood our ground for over 3 hours until a 3rd guild showed up. This kind of antisocial behavior is unfortunately all too common these days and is destroying the game play for others.

Bioware needs to make a change to the mechanics of conquest base bosses so that when one group engages the boss a second group cannot chain taunt to reset.

The whole gameplay of this conquest boss kill doesn't appear to be well thought out. Bioware, please fix it.

Oxster

It seems like it would be a good idea if it's possible to implement an update where if one Ops group engages the Conquest bosses, another cannot until it respawns. Or something along those lines.

As for the behavior of other players, I don't think BW can do anything about that. I can't believe how petty some of the people you run into are. The example above is encouraged by the guild ships unlock system, though, and it can be changed hopefully.

Welcome to Open World sand box play. To the Victor goes the spoils. I sincerely hope Bioware doesn't cave in to demands like those being made by the OP. Access to this content is meant to be competitive. Crying no fair and begging for mechanics so that you can't be interfered with just turns it into essentially instanced content.

I am disappointed that some players can't appreciate that this is something different. This is not instanced content served to players on demand as they have come to expect. This is open world, where anyone can play. Demanding that Bioware provide you with protected content because others won't play by your rules is not in the spirit of competitive World Conquest

It ain't easy taking over the Galaxy, nor should it be. Lots of factions are going to vie for control. That's the price (and excitement) of conquest.

Edited by MotorCityMan

I think that taunts shouldn't work on a boss if it's locked to someone else. If you could fight each other for ownership of the boss that would be fine, but taunt resetting the boss is abusing a mechanic for a purpose it wasn't intended. In my opinion it's an exploit that should be fixed (this issue exists for all open world bosses).

I take a similar issue with the fact that you can heal a friendly mob that's in combat with the opposite faction without getting flagged. You should only be able to do that if you are flagged, or doing it should automatically flag you.

Only slightly related, but what were they thinking putting the bosses so close to the opposite faction respawn points? The opposite faction only has to run like 20 feet to come back after you kill them. You can't really fight them off if they can respawn infinitely.

I completely disagree with MotorCityMan. If this was on a pvp server then i would agree. However as this is on a pve server and because the offending guild was not flagged for pvp there is very little we could do to win the boss. It becomes a stale mate position where nobody wins the kill and nobody is willing to give up.

The mechanics are not well thought out.

Oxter

Welcome to Open World sand box play. To the Victor goes the spoils. I sincerely hope Bioware doesn't cave in to demands like those being made by the OP. Access to this content is meant to be competitive. Crying no fair and begging for mechanics so that you can't be interfered with just turns it into essentially instanced content.

I am disappointed that some players can't appreciate that this is something different. This is not instanced content served to players on demand as they have come to expect. This is open world, where anyone can play. Demanding that Bioware provide you with protected content because others won't play by your rules is not in the spirit of competitive World Conquest

It ain't easy taking over the Galaxy, nor should it be. Lots of factions are going to vie for control. That's the price (and excitement) of conquest.

1 person taunt resetting a boss and interfering in this way is not "sandbox box play" this is just ridiculous.

I agree with your take on this...but I do believe it's a really ****y thing to do. If there were a mechanic in place to prevent it from being possible, I'd be fine with that.

"Okay."

I'm not sure if this suggestion would be well-received by all the player base, but perhaps attacking one of these commanders should just auto-flag the group for PVP? That would prevent this type of scenario from occurring.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot that in this scenario the two groups were the same faction.

Edited by CmdrShpd

I completely disagree with MotorCityMan. If this was on a pvp server then i would agree. However as this is on a pve server and because the offending guild was not flagged for pvp there is very little we could do to win the boss. It becomes a stale mate position where nobody wins the kill and nobody is willing to give up.

The mechanics are not well thought out.

Oxter

It would still be lame on a PVP server. For starters, open world PVP is faction v. faction -- there are two special group free-for-all areas (Outlaw's Den and the middle of the Gree event area), but those work identically for PVE and PVP servers. Same faction guilds on either a PVE or PVP server can't attack each other directly in the open world, so Denial of Service (Taunt resetting) is about the only thing they can do. Since Trial by Boredom (in which the winner is defined as whoever is willing to wait the longest before doing something fun) doesn't seem like the way developers would want to characterize a game design, I'm going to have to agree that the mechanics weren't well thought out.

Healers being able to heal a mob and not get flagged sounds more like a bug than a design decision.

Attacking the commander flags you for pvp. The guild the OP is complaining about was the same faction as his guild. Otherwise how could they taunt the commander? Maybe he is suggesting that he be able to pvp his own faction?

Locking out other groups based on who tags a boss first doesn't solve anything.

From experience I know all that leads to is people parking stealth alts all over the place. They wait for you to clear the trash, while telling their guild to get there fast. Right before you engage, they break stealth and tag the boss. Meanwhile the rest of their guild shows up and finishes the kill. You are locked out. The mechanic you asked for is used against you. If you think the system we have now is a headache, wait till you get what you are asking for. It's worse, much worse. Instead of a guild, one player or a couple of players can lock you out,

Edited by MotorCityMan

Locking out other groups based on who tags a boss first doesn't solve anything.

If it doesn't solve anything then why is that how the game is designed? Taunt resetting is not an intended feature.

From experience I know all that leads to is people parking stealth alts all over the place. They wait for you to clear the trash, while telling their guild to get there fast. Right before you engage, they break stealth and tag the boss. Meanwhile the rest of their guild shows up and finishes the kill. You are locked out. The mechanic you asked for is used against you. If you think the system we have now is a headache, wait till you get what you are asking for. It's worse, much worse. Instead of a guild, one player or a couple of players can lock you out,

This already happens, and I'm fine with that. It's a bit of a dick move, but completely fair in my book. If they grab the boss first then they get the kill. Alternatively, I support a way to legitimately fight over the boss, but taunt resetting isn't it.

Do we have to? I'd rather just say that Commanders on PVE servers should function differently than they do on PVP servers.

FFA (at least on PVP servers) is a personal pipe dream that'll never happen so I'm good with what this guy suggested:

just make the boss immune to taunts. This is already a possible 'tag' for Boss mobs, so just modify the Commanders to ignore taunts.

Problem solved.

This has happened to the guild I am in.

We also won a taunt war were they got angry, swapped to their imp toons to try and kill us but thankfully we owned them noobs.

Funny though because some of the people were actually in a guild I was GM of 2 years ago, I /spit on them and removed them from friends list very quickly!

Bioware should make them locked only to those who had the better organisational skills within their guild to turn up and fight before another guild got there.

When I made mention of the pvp flag i was forgetting the same faction can't pvp each other. The taunt flag is not a bad idea. If your guild had the boss at 50% it is unlikely the next guild can generate enough threat to pull him from you. If two guilds show up at the same time whoever can generate the highest threat gets the kill.

That seems to permit survival of the fittest without permitting total dick time wasting moves.

Oxter

I think that taunts shouldn't work on a boss if it's locked to someone else. If you could fight each other for ownership of the boss that would be fine, but taunt resetting the boss is abusing a mechanic for a purpose it wasn't intended. In my opinion it's an exploit that should be fixed (this issue exists for all open world bosses).

I take a similar issue with the fact that you can heal a friendly mob that's in combat with the opposite faction without getting flagged. You should only be able to do that if you are flagged, or doing it should automatically flag you.

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: Or make the bosses immune to taunts overall. That works too.

Edited by DarthVitrial

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.