Legacy PvP Rewards

Skios

At the risk of this turning into yet another rant thread, I'd like a simple question answered: Why is the S2 reward helmet legacy bound when it was clearly stated in S1 that rewards would not be legacy bound? If I recall correctly, the reasoning in S1 was because they wanted to make sure that there was no confusion as to which character had earned the rewards. If a character was wearing reward armor players would know it had been earned on that character. Now, however, we have the deathmark helm which completely undermines that argument, especially since characters to whom the helm is traded don't even have to be 55 to wear it.

Personally, I never really understood making the armors bind on equip anyway, since I think most of us endgame pvpers wear legacy armor these days to simplify the grind, especially for those of us who have multiple chars of the same AC cross faction. My complaint in the end is one of consistency. If you're going to say that rewards aren't going to be legacy bound, either stick to that or make them all legacy bound. It's simply bad PR to renege on a statement like that.

So what if they changed their minds? On this topic I agree with the change. And I don't agree that devs should perpetuate bad choices just for the sake of consistency.

Bad choices? How is restricting rewards to a toon a bad choice? The rewards should be locked to the toon you unlocked it on, otherwise it makes the reward completely pointless.

Bad choices? How is restricting rewards to a toon a bad choice? The rewards should be locked to the toon you unlocked it on, otherwise it makes the reward completely pointless.

The reward is pointless if it looks awful on your toon and you never use it. This way, I can use it on whatever character I see fit. On top of that, lots of people have imp/pub alts of he same character they hit 1600 with (but only one set of gear), so they use legacy gear. I don't want to have to grind another brut helmet or swap out my mods every time I switch.

I'm happy with the change but would have preferred for the item to also be legendary quality. Not because I ever get repairs bills, but to make other people more jealous. :rak_03:

The reward is pointless if it looks awful on your toon and you never use it. This way, I can use it on whatever character I see fit. On top of that, lots of people have imp/pub alts of he same character they hit 1600 with (but only one set of gear), so they use legacy gear. I don't want to have to grind another brut helmet or swap out my mods every time I switch.

I'm happy with the change but would have preferred for the item to also be legendary quality. Not because I ever get repairs bills, but to make other people more jealous. :rak_03:

The helmet is complete garbage, still doesn't change the fact that it should not be a legacy piece.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.