Is hacking currently a major problem in PVP?

CmdrShpd

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been playing since launch and I have not seen a single hack, ive heard of them but never first hand witnessed them. If anything, people don't give this games anti cheat enough credit.

It's good that you haven't come across them... Means there are less people doing it on your server

The anti Cheat is useless... I played at least 20 games last night with about 12 having hackers... I was even put into teams with hackers and they pretty much admitted it... It is hard to tell if you don't know what to look for or don't play enough pvp to have the chance to spot it

You are on the Ebon Hawk server too... I haven't heard many reports of it happening there... Plus it's not a big pvp server

Go to one of the big pvp servers or go to Harbinger to see them

It's good that you haven't come across them... Means there are less people doing it on your server

The anti Cheat is useless... I played at least 20 games last night with about 12 having hackers... I was even put into teams with hackers and they pretty much admitted it... It is hard to tell if you don't know what to look for or don't play enough pvp to have the chance to spot it

You are on the Ebon Hawk server too... I haven't heard many reports of it happening there... Plus it's not a big pvp server

Go to one of the big pvp servers or go to Harbinger to see them

http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bs_meter.gif

Are you kidding or just trolling?...

I have been PVPing since launch. I have been on multiple servers due to consolidation. I have toons on both sides. I have 10 toons I PVP with and the lowest valor is 77. I PVP a lot.

I see hacking ALL THE TIME. I have been on teams that hack.....

....toons teleporting that aren’t assassin/shadows, toons becoming untargetable while capping, toons whose energy will not diminish.

It happens a lot. Saying it doesn’t is a lie.

Agree... And I have 18 toons... I only pvp... I do about 20-40 matches a day... Between reg and ranked

Although there is more hacking in reg as the people who can't play well use them to be able to compete against those who can... They are still beatable because - a. They are bad players, b. they don't know tactics, c. They rely too heavily on hacks

Not many in Ranked... Good players don't need to hack. They know tactics and have the skill... When you come up against hackers in Ranked, you can easily stomp them... Then they go back to reg quickly

Any good players who do hack soon get ridiculed by the rest of the ranked community and we just refuse to play them

I was on a few teams last nite that had 3-4 people from some known hack guilds... They believe they are good players... Too the point that they Troll people in chat when they beat them... They had no tactics and no understanding of how to win except running back and forth ganking nodes... Sure that works when playing bad teams... But then some good players queued up against us who knew tactics and had skill... it showed just how bad these hackers were

Neither would they listen to advice or tactics from some of us Ranked players... So it was up to us to carry them through those quality teams... Of course we lost most of them... You could definitely see the differences on the score boards at the end of those matches... The good, non hack players on our teams did well, our hackers went from doing well against poor teams to doing terrible against quality

People who out right deny hacks exist come under a few categories - they don't play enough pvp, so they never see it... they can't spot a hack because they don't know what all the class abilities are (that goes for people who call hack every time they see something they don't understand)... they honestly believe there are no hacks (these people are naive)... they are hackers trying to deflect attention... Lastly they are trolls trying to get you upset (just ignore them. Don't reply to them, don't get upset, they are usually no life losers, who have no social ability, were probably bullied at school and this is the only way they can make them selves feel better... Just feel sorry for them)

The hackers on Harbinger know Bio will do nothing... To prove their point a lot have formed hack only guilds, that actually mention the work hack/Hax in it... They have created new toons or renamed old ones to have "Hax or hack" in the name... some even have Legacy names with it... I know some aren't hackers and are just doing it to annoy people who think they do hack... But the real hackers are doing it too... This should be a red flag for Bio... But of course, just proves how little they care

At the end of the day they will continue, it ruins the game, people stop PVPing or go to other games, it is killing the pvp community... The one and only positive that comes out of playing against them is it makes you a better player as you learn tactics to counter them. You also get faster and learn to anticipate quicker... They never improve on skill, they never adapt... Eventually they are so bad against you that you will always beat them like we do in Ranked

guys if you see hacking regularly please please fraps it and put it on youtube.

you're not allowed to call people out on the forums, but just post the vid and innocently ask what kind of ability he was using there, if it's indeed a hack it will get a lot of exposure fast and if you are wrong you get to learn something for free without looking like a moron ;-)

guys if you see hacking regularly please please fraps it and put it on youtube.

you're not allowed to call people out on the forums, but just post the vid and innocently ask what kind of ability he was using there, if it's indeed a hack it will get a lot of exposure fast and if you are wrong you get to learn something for free without looking like a moron ;-)

I don't see anyone calling anyone out??

Just pointing out that it happens??

As it is Random normally, are you suggesting running Fraps continuously to catch that random hack?

You do know it causes lag?

Those of us who are serious will run a machine that has little or no back ground program's or un-necessary services running...

And seriously I don't see the point. Bio won't accept it as proof, all you're really doing by posting on YouTube is to call people out

Bottom line, Bioware don't care that hacks happen... Just accept they do happen and move on or stop PVPing

Edited by Icykill_

I can't say that I see it "all the time", because I don't. But, I do see it every once in a while. I saw it last night in huttball. An assassin targeted me out in the open as I was making my way back to mid from the spawn point and he was kiting me with unbelievable speed. I didn't think "hack" right off the bat, but it felt different immediately and I wasn't sure what he was doing at that speed. Later I saw him 1v1 with my friend and so I engaged him, put a dot on him so he couldn't vanish, and he ZIPPED away so fast and far that my mouth dropped. He literally covered a lot of ground in the blink of an eye. I have 4 assassins total on different servers and several sorcs and sages on different servers. None of them can cover that much ground, that fast. None of his team mates were around so he didn't get predation or any other buff. My force speed is apparently gimped compared to his. lol

I don't understand the need to hack, because you really aren't proving anything to anyone. If anything you look bad, and other players will always see you as shady.

Overall, I think the incidents have gone way down.

Go to one of the big pvp servers or go to Harbinger to see them.

At first, I thought, "Hey, maybe his server is really bad or something." Then you called out the Harbinger. I PvP all the time. Besides leveling, it's all I do. Never once have I ever experienced a hacker. Sometimes, I get surprised by something someone could do. Then I research their AC and the possible specs and abilities. Then I know what they did was a class mechanic.

If you're seeing a ton of hackers on Harbinger, then really, you just don't understand the classes well enough.

At first, I thought, "Hey, maybe his server is really bad or something." Then you called out the Harbinger. I PvP all the time. Besides leveling, it's all I do. Never once have I ever experienced a hacker. Sometimes, I get surprised by something someone could do. Then I research their AC and the possible specs and abilities. Then I know what they did was a class mechanic.

If you're seeing a ton of hackers on Harbinger, then really, you just don't understand the classes well enough.

There were a "couple of guilds" that were notorious for doing it on Harbinger. I won't call them out here, but there is no debate on that. I saw it several times and left Harbinger for a while because of it. I have only seen a couple of incidents (on different servers) since then. Are there people who wrongfully cry "hack" when they get beat or because they don't understand mechanics? YES! absolutely, all the time. But it HAS happened and does. Thankfully its very rare now.

Sigh... You obviously haven't read all my previous posts and don't know what to look for... If you still have to research other class abilities, it tells me you really don't know all the mechanics or class abilities... Once you do, it is easy to spot them... Do some heavy pvp for 2 years, have a toon of every class that you pvp with... And I don't just mean dailies... I mean 20+ matches per day and also play ranked where hacks rarely happen because they are not tolerated by the ranked community

If you see them in pugs... But not in ranked, what does that tell you??... That the bad pug players need hacks to be competitive... Funny thing is, a good ranked player or premade will always smash a bad pvp hacker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
there is no hacking in swtor. Theres a lot of win trading though if thats what they are talking about.

Only bads blame hacking.

only a moron *tellenn* would think there is not hacking there are at this time about 7 or more. Bots etc. Wake up hacking is a problem the problem is this guy who saying there is no hacking is hacking himself . Or at least i bet he is.

Seriously I've never seen such shameless abuse of Lag Switches in any game before. The problem is there's very few to be done since it's not easily detected and any action taken would have to be based on behavior analysis which requires some work. The fastest the combat is the shorter the period of time the offender needs to interrupt the outgoing traffic to benefit from it and the harder it is to tell it apart from ordinary lag spikes.

Seriously I've never seen such shameless abuse of Lag Switches in any game before. The problem is there's very few to be done since it's not easily detected and any action taken would have to be based on behavior analysis which requires some work. The fastest the combat is the shorter the period of time the offender needs to interrupt the outgoing traffic to benefit from it and the harder it is to tell it apart from ordinary lag spikes.

Very hard to detect at the moment... To much actual game and ability lag since 3.0 was released...

I know of two smiple hacks in this game, first one is teleporting (which i think they fixed or coded differently) second is speedhacking which is fairly easy but you also get detected easy

They are both still possible... In recent months people have posted vids of people speed hacking... I haven't seen a speed hack for ages... But teleporting seems to be back in favour... Especially in Quesh Hutt Ball

Very hard to detect at the moment... To much actual game and ability lag since 3.0 was released...

And it requires no software at all... Sometimes when the guy keeps it on for a long time it appears to be a teleport or a speed hack.

Currently there's very little game companies could to try to keep this behavior at minimum: designing slow paced combat and secretly matching people with frequent outgoing traffic lag together, so that players will match with others with similar behavior. By not outright banning them and keeping them facing each other they will surely start abusing it making it much easier to apply the proper action later.

only a moron *tellenn* would think there is not hacking there are at this time about 7 or more. Bots etc. Wake up hacking is a problem the problem is this guy who saying there is no hacking is hacking himself . Or at least i bet he is.

Bots are not hacking. Nothing about a bot is altering the game. Botting is just emulating keyboard and mouse inputs. And hacking is far from a problem in this game. They pop up once in a blue moon but its hardly as rampant as many of the baddies seem to think it is.

And it requires no software at all... Sometimes when the guy keeps it on for a long time it appears to be a teleport or a speed hack...

By not outright banning them and keeping them facing each other they will surely start abusing it making it much easier to apply the proper action later.

It's been going on since launch... Lots of cheats in the game... Bio will always be one step behind as every defence they put up is worked around in a matter of days

By relying on the community to report them and not having their own in game people to check for this... It will continue...

Especially as they aren't banned completely the first time... They only get a weeks ban... They have to do it multiple times to get banned

A bigger deterrent and in game Bio people looking for this stuff is the only way they will reduce it

Bots are not hacking. Nothing about a bot is altering the game. Botting is just emulating keyboard and mouse inputs. And hacking is far from a problem in this game. They pop up once in a blue moon but its hardly as rampant as many of the baddies seem to think it is.

Yes a bot isn't a hack... I think what he means is people cheating... Lots of people get confused with the terminology and just assume a cheat is a hack of some kind

Well it's understandable and commendable to correct the proper use of concepts but it's not the case in this case since we all know non IT people generalize the "hack" term. So, yes, you're right , "hacks" from technical stand point aren't common occurrences and are usually very quickly dealt with.

But the abuse of exploits is very high in this game, and not abusing exploits doesn't make anyone baddie. It's exactly the opposite.

People denying it have no clue whatsoever about the matter or are either exploiters themselves or trolls trying to bait someone into revealing them in the forums and then getting that person banned.

People denying it have no clue whatsoever about the matter or are either exploiters themselves or trolls trying to bait someone into revealing them in the forums and then getting that person banned.

What PvP exploits are there other than the PvE ship bolster bug? Until BW fixes it you really need to be doing the ship bolster bug otherwise you are gimping yourself. Heck, I was doing it on all my my 60s by virtue of having done some PvE space missions on these toons in the past (lucky me).

------------------

TANGENT: I'm a bad myself but when I queue with some guildies who are really good players and we are all in voice I often see the other side complain that we are hacking simply because my good buddies blow them up and we have good coordination.

TL;DR; I'm sure there is hacking but many reports are simply bads who don't understand basic game mechanics getting crushed.

What PvP exploits are there other than the PvE ship bolster bug? Until BW fixes it you really need to be doing the ship bolster bug otherwise you are gimping yourself. Heck, I was doing it on all my my 60s by virtue of having done some PvE space missions on these toons in the past (lucky me).

TL;DR; I'm sure there is hacking but many reports are simply bads who don't understand basic game mechanics getting crushed.

no, you do not "need" to be using any exploit, bur, or other method to gain advantage.. if you are doing so you are part of the problem and should sit down and ****. This is the same logic that convinces people its ok to use a lag switch since it "isnt really hacking" as though that makes it somehow less lame to make such a conscious effort to gain an advantage.

If you need to use any of these things, you suck, period.