Sitting at the Republic Fleet spamming for a group....

Reevax

Join a guild?

Play with friends?

Use your companions at a higher level?

Go on a higher populated server?

While you are questing look for others who want to get the flashpoint done?

I Have not had any problems waiting to find a group for flashpoints.

While a enhancing the LFG feature should be done. An automatic group finder instant transport to the said flashpoint SHOULD NOT be implemented.

Why not?There are all ready instant ports to the fleet,why is allowing people who choose to be put in a group first so bad?

O whats that?It isn't?You just want to control how other people play?

Again why not?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your made an assumptions troll on them, then you ignored their correction of you. It seems pretty obvious you have some sort of prejudice.

What exactly does "made an assumptions troll" mean?

And no, they never corrected me, they just tried to back out, by giving the old "I did X Y Z in MMOs A B C"; but it was too late, as I had already seen that they didn't have high-end experience

I absolutely agree with the need of a LFG tool!

I'm in imperial fleet browsing vendor and spamming general chat for hammer station. Boring.

Yep. It doesn't get more boring than this.

And lol @ forming communities and getting reputation from low-level flashpoints.

That's the most backwards logic I've ever seen

Sure, some people sit in the City, waiting for the queue with LFD; but at least they don't have to

Without LFD, you are literally forced to sit in a City, because it's the only zone you have a chance in hell of anyone actually reading your LFG Message

To you and the others who quoted me, my sarcasm apparently wasn't obvious enough :p. As I strongly oopose to not having the LFD tool and believe it's one of BioWare's worst decisions since all it does is let us sit in town to spam LFG whilst interaction within the dun is as much as it is through a dun finder.

What exactly does "made an assumptions troll" mean?

And no, they never corrected me, they just tried to back out, by giving the old "I did X Y Z in MMOs A B C"; but it was too late, as I had already seen that they didn't have high-end experience

That's good. Now you're just making things up.

I never thought a modern day mainstream high budget MMO would use FFXI's archaic LFG system which even Square-Enix is moving away from, but I was wrong. lol

This is exactly the same as FFXI's lfg system. Flagging lfg, putting a comment, and then running the search feature and spamming not only the general chat, but also spamming people to see if they want to heal or tank.

Bioware needs to at least implement a global LFG channel.

Edited by crimsonhart

Why not?There are all ready instant ports to the fleet,why is allowing people who choose to be put in a group first so bad?

O whats that?It isn't?You just want to control how other people play?

Again why not?

You have to do a bit of traveling still though.

Its not fun being able to log in run a bunch of flashpoints without having to even move your toon, get your gear and then log out.

You can get groups while questing so easily. Its early in the launch still, lots want to run flashpoints.

Improving how to find a group would be nice yes, but lets not make it easy mode.

It's this way because having a dungeon finder tool would keep people sitting in cities. Not having one would make people play the game, interact and whatever more. Been croed about for years, BioWare listened.

Of course anyone who plays MMO's could have predicted lfg spam with still no interaction...

That's the most backwards logic I've ever seen

Sure, some people sit in the City, waiting for the queue with LFD; but at least they don't have to

Without LFD, you are literally forced to sit in a City, because it's the only zone you have a chance in hell of anyone actually reading your LFG Message

This. People are already forced to sit at the factions space station to find a group.

Improving how to find a group would be nice yes, but lets not make it easy mode.

Easy mode? What?

How does finding a group easily have ANY impact on how the game is played? Should Battlefield go back to connecting to IP's by hand and removing the server browser because it builds a community?

It's a form of convenience. While you don't mind waiting and spamming general chat. Most normal folk would rather just play the game.

For example: There is one person, in general at the moment, who has for the last 25 minutes been looking for a healer. That's 25 minutes. Think about that for a second. That's almost half an hour of sitting about doing nothing.

The server I'm on regularly has queues upwards of 30 minutes at peak time and this is the Christmas holiday period. I can't wait till in 3 months people try to roll alts. The lower level flashpoints will become deserted.

Edited by tehspookeh

the flag isnt useless...people just dont use it..

I attempt to use it. It is indeed useless.

Been marking myself with "Directive 7" for the past few days and sitting at the Republic Fleet for a little bit after I finish my dailies. Im also calling out in general every once in a while for a group. The system, currently, is useless. End of story.

All the worlds have linkups to Fleet Station directly to the FP you're trying to get to. You can quest while LFGing for people in the same level range, then just hop on the shuttle.

You don't have to sit in a city. I don't understand that.

Easy mode? So finding a group is part of the challenge now?

Listen up you crusty old turds because I'm only going to say this once:

It isn't 1999 anymore you adult-diaper wearing geriatrics. Maybe that **** flies in the MMO nursing home, but the genre has moved on. We also aren't bringing back corpse runs, selling loot in the Ro Tunnel, or spamming chat for a bind and SoW from some Wood Elf Druid.

It was **** then. It's **** now.

In short, I want some kind of group finding tool. Thanks :p

A lot of people are going to yell at you, that you're bad at socializing, and that spamming "LF X class for Y" is building a community

But they are wrong; an LFG Tool is one of the most crucially missing things from this game

People compained so much in beta. Don't be like WoW. A game that has made billions of dollars. Do not be like them..???...??

So far Swotor is just like them before LFG. Sit in city lvl 25 dps lfg Mando

Then get invited and then booted because they have 2-3 BH's already.

Rinse repeat. Yeah you can sit and start whispering over and over, though that gets boring fast after the 10th no reply.

You have to do a bit of traveling still though.

Its not fun being able to log in run a bunch of flashpoints without having to even move your toon, get your gear and then log out.

You can get groups while questing so easily. Its early in the launch still, lots want to run flashpoints.

Ummm, lets not make it easy mode? I hate this point of view.

It isn't fun to log in and play the game content? It is more fun to stand around spamming chat please please help me run X. Different story if you are heal or tank. Though dps thanks to a bunch of people like you who screamed make your choices matter, can't do a thing forever.

I like to tank and I like to heal, but every toon I make shouldn't have to tank and heal to be able to do flash points in a timely manner. I like to be able to group with people in my MMO, instead of getting boots over and over because of the fact they don't want to double class in one group.

But sitting around fleet spamming lfg/lfm will give you so much quality time to enjoy the magnificent community that has been created by not having a lfd tool. Apparently.

I think a lot of people are against this idea simply because it was used in WoW, and WoW's pug community was much like a horde of screaming monkeys flinging poo at you.

The thing is, it was like that before the lfd was implemented..

Just put lfd in already :p

Has anyone considered that the reason they can't find a group for a given instance via spamming chat about it is because there's no one else (or not enough people) looking to run that instance? A LFG tool wouldn't exactly fix that.

I've got numerous tells from people, even off-Fleet, who use the /who command in conjunction with level-specific planets to ask if I want to heal for X. Then I tell them I'm Gunnery spec and they cry into their oatmeal.

Fine just put in the LFG tool Cross server, me I wont be using it, you will still see me using the /who list and LFG in chat. I won't be grouped with people from other servers who I've never seen or probably won't see again.

Right now the community is ace in the game, recogizing people from the server all over, knowing who's a douchebag and not.

I say put it in to make the whiners happy, I for one won't use it. At least people will SU about this then, but as all other things they will find something else to whine about.

Press o. Type '[number corresponding to the level you want]'. Look for Sith Sorcerers and Imperial agents. Right click their names, ask them if they want to heal. Rinse and repeat. It'll take 10 minutes tops to form a group.

I do agree that the LFG flag is useless.

Yeah it is quite easy to find sith players in the REPUBLIC FLEET ... people dont read they just speak.

Anyway OP , rool sith , republic is much less populated and becomes harder to find groups for PvE content , this is the only reason i actually play empire lols.

But sitting around fleet spamming lfg/lfm will give you so much quality time to enjoy the magnificent community that has been created by not having a lfd tool. Apparently.

I think a lot of people are against this idea simply because it was used in WoW, and WoW's pug community was much like a horde of screaming monkeys flinging poo at you.

The thing is, it was like that before the lfd was implemented..

Just put lfd in already :p

It makes you freaking appreciate the effort and time spent forming a group since i started the game and made couple of flashpoints i never saw anyone leaving cos its not that easy to just leave and find new group again people rather suck up and wipe and retry than leaving clicking on LFD tool

WoW ruined the community with cross server LFD...

The only thing we really do need is a LFG channel that is universal to ALL worlds and is introduced to you at lvl 10 or whenever you enter republic fleet for the 1st time.!!!

noobs now just get ignore on my list and i never bother doing instances with them again!

It makes you freaking appreciate the effort and time spent forming a group since i started the game and made couple of flashpoints i never saw anyone leaving cos its not that easy to just leave and find new group again people rather suck up and wipe and retry than leaving clicking on LFD tool

WoW ruined the community with cross server LFD...

The only thing we really do need is a LFG channel that is universal to ALL worlds and is introduced to you at lvl 10 or whenever you enter republic fleet for the 1st time.!!!

noobs now just get ignore on my list and i never bother doing instances with them again!

You damn kids and your fancy scooters! *shakes fist feebly*

My server there are people advertising a global LFG channel, it's pretty helpful. I've had good luck so far with getting groups as dps just by using the Social tab.

It's this way because having a dungeon finder tool would keep people sitting in cities. Not having one would make people play the game, interact and whatever more. Been croed about for years, BioWare listened.

Of course anyone who plays MMO's could have predicted lfg spam with still no interaction... :p

So what is the difference when people sit in the fleet station where alot of the instances are located spamming general chat for a group? derp