I Want Cartel Legacy Gear Options & Variety

Kourage

Short & Simple;

The Bind to Legacy feature is nice, but my choices of armor to trade between my Mercenary & Trooper are very limited considering the huge assortment of armor available from the Cartel Market. I basically have 2 choices in sets that look appropriate and/or appealing to me. I want more options. I hope there are others who want the same thing.

The thing is they don't want you to use this gear on all your toons. They want you to use it to send mods around. And they want you to unlock things through collections. If you could trade all your stuff around willy nilly then there would be no reason to spend the money on collection unlocks.

I would love it if everything was BtL but it's not going to happen.

The thing is they don't want you to use this gear on all your toons. They want you to use it to send mods around. And they want you to unlock things through collections. If you could trade all your stuff around willy nilly then there would be no reason to spend the money on collection unlocks.

You're right...but...what if....

"Unlock as Legacy" was a Cartel option?

Edited by TUXs

The thing is..... only 2 of each class use the same main stats and they are opposite factions.

And No.... Legacy gear is not just for trading mods to alts. You can do that with the free pilot gear. You don't spend 300,000 credits or more to buy a set of Legacy Armor from reputation vendors just to swap mods out of it. ;)

Edited by Kourage

They need to include different legacy armor sets in the CM packs for those of us who share a lot of armor sets. I don't really care about the cost of ripping mods out anymore, it's the hassle of doing it that forced me to stop buying CM armor for my chars. Legacy gear is convenient and why they aren't taking advantage of Legacy Packs on the CM is beyond me.

They need to include different legacy armor sets in the CM packs for those of us who share a lot of armor sets. I don't really care about the cost of ripping mods out anymore, it's the hassle of doing it that forced me to stop buying CM armor for my chars. Legacy gear is convenient and why they aren't taking advantage of Legacy Packs on the CM is beyond me.

Agreed.

My characters wear nothing but legacy gear. It's just easy to move it around for other toons or companions.

I'd gladly support the Cartel market more if there was some appearance tabs where I could wear one thing but look like I'm wearing something else. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet so I support the option of more legacy gear be it though the cartel packs or an option to turn individual items into legacy gear though CC purchases.

More legacy gear is better.

Hell, I like some of the original inheritance / Birthright and I think their legacy but their also character specific. That needs to be removed as well from that gear. It would at least see more use.

This is the same issue that occurred that when augment slots first came out. A few pieces of gear had augments slots, so they were more desirable and considered "better" by everyone, but the selection was incredibly limited. The end result was that crafters could craft an augment kit, now we can augment anything. I think they need to do the same with this. Allow crafters to craft an "Bind to Legacy" kit which can be used on any equippable item (and perhaps mounts). Make the mats difficult and/or expensive to get to ensure that there is still some rarity associated with them and they are not super common.

I disagree with Bound-to-Legacy gear being purchasable with RL cash via the CM.

You want Legacy gear, go out and grind for it. Heck, geting BtL the only reason I my endgame toons do Bounties or the Gree event, without that motivation I think a lot of people wouldn't run that content. For example, I didn't do much in the Rakghoul tunnels this time because I have Legend status and 1.5 stacks of unused DNA canisters already.

There's nice variety added recently: the two Tattered gear sets, the Kingpin gear, and the BBA gears, for example. Not perfect, but with those and Voss, CZ, Gree, Makeb, Oricon, GSI, and the free GSF sets (there's about 2 dozen distinct BtL sets, counting Gree as only 1 and not counting the class-specific stuff) you can put together some serviceable looks. The new Manaan stuff may have possibilities too depending on how it dyes.

BtL armor is a prize that encourages people to play the content, and BW knows that. And having people play the content is more important to the long-term survival of the game than CM armor sales are.

BtL armor is a prize that encourages people to play the content, and BW knows that. And having people play the content is more important to the long-term survival of the game than CM armor sales are.

You realize that any player subbed before GSF get 4 free sets of legacy gear in the mail on every toon they crate?

BtL armor is hardly a prize that encourages people to play the content. (BtL weapons is another story, however.)

Edited by Khevar

You realize that any player subbed before GSF get 4 free sets of legacy gear in the mail on every toon they crate?

BtL armor is hardly a prize that encourages people to play the content. (BtL weapons is another story, however.)

And how many toons do you see running around in Imperial Pilot Gear, or Republic Pilot Gear?

Me neither...

Good looking legacy armor is rare.

What does unlocking things through collections have to do with BoL gear?

You need BoL gear to move the mods around without a lot of hassle, not to skip collection unlocks...

For the $5 max that even a 600CC unlock costs, to skip the nonsense of ripping all the mods twice, that is a bargain, so just charge $5 to convert a full set of armor to BoL if you must.

-------------

The REAL reason is to try and get people to gear up multiple toons the hard way, thus spending more time in game, thus hopefully giving Bioware more money. I guess, somehow...

Agreed.

I'd gladly support the Cartel market more if there was some appearance tabs where I could wear one thing but look like I'm wearing something else. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet so I support the option of more legacy gear be it though the cartel packs or an option to turn individual items into legacy gear though CC purchases.

You're talking about appearance tabs, something that should have been in long ago, and CLEARLY should be in with all the CM gear they are selling.

Again, another point that the dev staff is limited in what they can do... due to a lack of dev staff...

You want Legacy gear, go out and grind for it. Heck, geting BtL the only reason I my endgame toons do Bounties or the Gree event, without that motivation I think a lot of people wouldn't run that content. For example, I didn't do much in the Rakghoul tunnels this time because I have Legend status and 1.5 stacks of unused DNA canisters already.

So... let me be sure I understand you...

Instead of making the content actually worth running on its own merits... instead, offer some type of rewards for running content over and over that people actually DON'T want to run?

Hmm, sounds like work, I get paid for doing something I otherwise wouldn't spend my time doing.

What kind of twisted logic is that?

So... let me be sure I understand you...

Instead of making the content actually worth running on its own merits... instead, offer some type of rewards for running content over and over that people actually DON'T want to run?

... What kind of twisted logic is that?

It is your logic that is flawed. You assume I don't enjoy running it. I generally do.

People can enjoy running the same roads, dancing the same dances, playing the same games over and over again. Not everyone gets bored after the first time through.

The thing is..... only 2 of each class use the same main stats and they are opposite factions.

And No.... Legacy gear is not just for trading mods to alts. You can do that with the free pilot gear. You don't spend 300,000 credits or more to buy a set of Legacy Armor from reputation vendors just to swap mods out of it. ;)

wait star fighter gear works for mod transfers? awesome

It is your logic that is flawed. You assume I don't enjoy running it. I generally do.

People can enjoy running the same roads, dancing the same dances, playing the same games over and over again. Not everyone gets bored after the first time through.

Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you wrote, and what people actually type in reply...

Try again, your replace makes no sense at all.

Your original post you said that you wouldn't bother to run stuff if it wasn't for the BoL gear rewards. This says that the content itself isn't compelling.

Heck, geting BtL the only reason I my endgame toons do Bounties or the Gree event, without that motivation I think a lot of people wouldn't run that content. For example, I didn't do much in the Rakghoul tunnels this time because I have Legend status and 1.5 stacks of unused DNA canisters already.

Let me help you out here, reread the above, which you posted...

Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you wrote, and what people actually type in reply... Try again, your replace makes no sense at all.

Your original post you said that you wouldn't bother to run stuff if it wasn't for the BoL gear rewards. This says that the content itself isn't compelling.

Again, bad logic on your part. It's not that I don't enjoy it, that's not why I would not otherwise run it.

It's that I enjoy doing other things more. Even among the things you enjoy doing, you gotta prioritize. Content can be compelling but other content can be more compelling.

I like just about all the PvE content I've done, and a lot of the PvP. But I like some more than others, and some of it is better at accomplishing certain objectives (such as raising money for GSH & GFS, or getting geared up) than others. My objectives change over time, so what I tend to run changes over time as well.

Perhaps that's something those who constantly complain about the game may not be able to understand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.