Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the most players, therefore we have the "best" maintenance time. It's not *********** rocket science.

Source?

There are much, much more people in the continent of Europe, not including other areas or timezones at all. Just Europe.

How many people live in the North America? According to Wikipedia 528 million.

And Europe? 738 million.

Not only Europe is on the bad end of the deal, but let's say it's just us, the Europeans.

How do you figure, with no sources, that there are more North American players?

EDIT:

As an addition, even if what say is true, that North America simply has that much more players, how does that mean Bioware shouldn't strive for the best possible outcome for everyone implicated rather than just Americans?

Edited by Contumelious

as if all the hard work is not for money lol

True, but you really think the ammount of talent there that spend the time creating and fixing will want to stay when people f and blind at them. i wouldn't want that in my work place day after day. If you rant a rave at them. there is nothing to say " Hey I don't have to take all thise abuse. i'll go work somewhere else" The bioware have less staff which would = more probs

1# i always thought wow had best times like 3/4am till 9/10am .. if you had day off you could play if u work u can play if u come home from school u can play ... and leaves a bit of late night slot for also if u work late u can play during the day

#2 i think its funny how servers go down yet our game time keep on ticking ... if servers go down shouldnt our game time pause while its doing this?.

Just a thought

You have to remember, that 1am CDT is 11pm PDT since people on the west coast of the US are 2 hours behind where they are in Austin, so yes there would be more people on.

Fair enough. I was only assuming & I knew I could be wrong. I still wouldn't say 11pm is peak though? However I have no facts what so ever to back that up.

If you look over the 6 hours it gives a better picture. 11pm isn't a great time to pull down the servers. Since its 8am in CET, then clearly amount of players in US >> than 8am EU.

However would 11pm-1am PST be > than 3-5pm CET? I don't think it would. I would say late afternoon will be more populated than 11pm-1am.

However I could be wrong. I'm not really mad, just a little disappointed. EU gets it all the time with Sony, even though EU base > US base. As I am paying a monthly subscription I didn't expect to lose 3-4 hours a week at afternoon.

However, this is still a great game & I am looking forward to killing more Sith as my Twi'lek Jedi :p

Edited by Dannykysh

We have the most players, therefore we have the "best" maintenance time. It's not *********** rocket science.

Why are you so against this proposal? It doesn't affect you if Bioware provide better service for their EU-subscribers.

But I assume you're just trolling?

I'm going off now, but I will leave this message before I do:

I'm am a customer. Where I am from should not matter. Currently it does. Therefore I will no longer be a customer. I originally set up a three month recurring sub, but I have just cancelled that; so has my GF. We have our remaining 'free' time, then it's over. I hope BioWare either separate the times or alternate between imposing this on the EU and US, but I expect equality amongst the playerbase.

That is all: equality. I don't have to be to find someone who wants to discriminate me, there's plenty who will do that for free.

Don't get me wrong: The game is incredible, and I sincerely hope this issue is fixed so that I can return, but I will not give my money to be treated as a second class citizen.

Trion have until my free time expires to sort out some key issues, otherwise my sub gets cancelled aswell until it is resolved. not expecting a polished game but a few things need to be corrected

It should never be about who has the most players. We all pay an equall share no matter where we play from and so should receive equall treatment.

I just want to express my dissapointment about the maintainance time. I live in the netherlands and the patch time is here from 11 AM to 5 PM. This is in the middle of the day, yes it is off-peak but that does not make it a good patch time. It's the end of December, and therefore a lot of people, including me, are on holiday and would love to enjoy some star wars gameplay in the afternoon.

I'm not whining about there being maintainance. Although RIFT proved you can do without, I can understand if it's there. But why does it always have to be the perfect time for America? Can't you split it and patch the European servers on actual low population time, like anywhere between 2 AM and 11 AM? Many games have made the mistake before, of taking the servers down every week in the European afternoon, and I was hoping Bioware would have learned from that...

Edited by Miathan

I've read most posts here, and I myself think it's not smart to schedule down time on a holiday, especially when it's 10-11 AM till 4-5 pm for most countries in the EU. Why start at 4 AM CST? Why so late? If you started at 0:00 am CST the americans and the europeans would be satisfied, as it wouldn't affect anyones day by much. You are favoring the USA and making mistakes as the game just released, people are getting angry as I see, there is no correct answer for this mistake, I have been sitting on my behind doing nothing for 6 hours as I had SWTOR scheduled for today, just paid 150$ to get it. I hope this is the last maintenance related mistake there is, I don't like WASTING my holiday time. Especially knowing the americans are laughing about this. As another guy said, schedule this during THEIR peak time and the forums would have exploded with complaints. You say you asked peoples opinions about how and when to schedule the maintenance, I hope the 4 AM CST isn't based on americans wanting to play till 4 AM, then sleep for 6 hours and continue? Sure seems that way, so please, bioware, EA, no offense but anyone would agree that 0:00 CST - 6:00 CST is much much better as you wouldn't piss anyone off with that time.

I'm am a customer. Where I am from should not matter. Currently it does. Therefore I will no longer be a customer. I originally set up a three month recurring sub, but I have just cancelled that; so has my GF. We have our remaining 'free' time, then it's over. I hope BioWare either separate the times or alternate between imposing this on the EU and US, but I expect equality amongst the playerbase.

That is all: equality. I don't have to be to find someone who wants to discriminate me, there's plenty who will do that for free.

Don't get me wrong: The game is incredible, and I sincerely hope this issue is fixed so that I can return, but I will not give my money to be treated as a second class citizen.

are you 10? srs, do understand they are doing it the game have not been out more end a week and you already cry like a little baby, srs go back to single player game

Source?

There are much, much more people in the continent of Europe, not including other areas or timezones at all. Just Europe.

And Europe? 738 million.

Not only Europe is on the bad end of the deal, but let's say it's just us, the Europeans.

Previous MMO history, and the fact that the maintenance times favor us. I'm sure Bioware is smart enough to cater to the larger playerbase.

A lot of people complaining about this insist that they are out to get EU player and that somehow they are catering to US players. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but they've repeatedly said that they are basing their downtimes on when there are the least number of users on as possible. They are not out to get you...you just happen to play during Non-peak times....notice how you rarely face a queue (or they are considerably smaller than prime time EU)...well the downside to that is that 1 day a week you'll have to endure a downtime during your play times...which the vast majority of players do not play during...that includes EU players. Just like in the US...most people in the EU still work normal business hours (for the EU).

That said...I'm still for making a separate maintenance window....but like I said earlier....it may be more complicated than many people here think.

Edited by Thunder-God

Best post ever !!! and to the Americans that are just trolling this thread get a fkn life as we have a case here

So explain how Trion managed it with Rift then??

Indeed.

I agree.

I am so tired of all the lame excuses being posted on the forums about how complicated tnis is. Bottomline , consumers DO NOT care. We want an excellent product and a great sevice. Some companies are obviously better at providing this than others

Source?

And Europe? 738 million.

Population doesn't matter, the US is much wealthier than many EU countries. Meaning its population is more prone to buy things such as Swtor.