Keep the Imperial Announcer!

Deathen_Shada

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite funny how people hate it when they play on Rep side but they want it on Imp side... Probably explains a lot about Imps.

"Welcome to Taris. I'm Governor Saresh. On behalf of the Galactic Republic, I want to thank you for joining us in this historic project."

Every single time.

this is why they need a load of announcements to scroll through........

Cite. Nobody I know hates it, so I can't justify taking your word for it.

I should have written that "people who hate it usually hate it because it keeps repeating every time you set foot in Taris spaceport". I was not saying that all people hate it, but why do most people, who already hate it, hate it

I'm 50/50, On the one hand its great and makes the fleet feel alive and not quiet dead emptiness...

But, on the other hand,, its repetitive dribble of annoyance when heard so often

Which is what happens on Taris, and why there would this thing need way more messages, like 20, each played randomly each 5-10 minutes, or something like that

Which is what happens on Taris, and why there would this thing need way more messages, like 20, each played randomly each 5-10 minutes, or something like that

Exactly.

It wouldn't take too long to record 20-30 messages.

And I seriously doubt she is a high-price voice actor (no offense to her, she's good and all, but I don't think they'd use someone expensive for that) so it shouldn't be much of an expense.

Just pop a few dozen lines in there about whatever and have them randomly play every 5-10 minutes.

Exactly.

It wouldn't take too long to record 20-30 messages.

And I seriously doubt she is a high-price voice actor (no offense to her, she's good and all, but I don't think they'd use someone expensive for that) so it shouldn't be much of an expense.

Just pop a few dozen lines in there about whatever and have them randomly play every 5-10 minutes.

I wouldn't even care who the voice actor was...make it Tait or Hilary.

In order to keep down on monotony, there should be far more than 20-30. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of a hundred or two hundred.

I agree, and it doesn't have to be the same announcer. There could be a couple of them, both male and female announcers so that you have a variety.

I agree, and it doesn't have to be the same announcer. There could be a couple of them, both male and female announcers so that you have a variety.
From the movie Airplane!:

Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male announcer: [later] The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male announcer: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone [expletive deleted] again.

[Later]

Male announcer: There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Male announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.

Edited by Thoronmir

From the movie Airplane!:

Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male announcer: [later] The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male announcer: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone [expletive deleted] again.

[Later]

Male announcer: There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Male announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.

good god...