SWTOR came too soon.

Mollerina

How can it not be out too early, after reading these forums? Just take a look.

And Youtube is filled with people saying that 14 year old girls should be murdered for wearing blue and brown together. Maybe the random trolls of people on the internet aren't to be taken seriously? And maybe you should stop reading them before you rot your mind.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a hasty generalization if I ever saw one. That we're playing doesn't mean we're satisfied. Just means that over 1 million paid for 30 free days and there are no refunds. You can only judge satisfaction when you count the number of subs after the free 30 days end.

Pretty much this, but ive a feeling this game will do well, as im sure patches will begin by next week to fix the more glaring problems

But again, name me ONE mmo fresh from launch that had no bugs and id award anyone with an internet cookie.

... it's not just the bugs... it things that are missing... from an mmo... in 2011... it shouldn't matter if the game is new... they should leave many of the common mmo features out...

Such as quests, and story, and grouping, and leveling, and content, and a game, and servers... wait what are we missing?

Are you talking about the litany of features present in games that are years old or are far less focused on story?

Also, yet again, you must list actual things instead of playing off of a general sense that it sucks. You didn't even say which features.

Are you 10 years old or just paid to plant seeds of doubt?

Thats a hasty generalization if I ever saw one. That we're playing doesn't mean we're satisfied. Just means that over 1 million paid for 30 free days and there are no refunds. You can only judge satisfaction when you count the number of subs after the free 30 days end.

I'll probably play after the 30 days are up. Will it mean i'm satisfied. Maybe, but maybe not. I can be an unsatisfied paying customer. Yes.

Such as quests, and story, and grouping, and leveling, and content, and a game, and servers... wait what are we missing?

Are you talking about the litany of features present in games that are years old or are far less focused on story?

Also, yet again, you must list actual things instead of playing off of a general sense that it sucks. You didn't even say which features.

Are you 10 years old or just paid to plant seeds of doubt?

the features that a lot of people are talking about can be found all over the forums.

I think it came out right when it should have come out, if you invented time machine and released this game 8 years ago. (Generously maybe 3-4, but not now that there are alot of free to play mmo's popping up all the time)

Its missing entire polish, and yes. Bugs exist, alot of bugs infact and alot of freatures are badly implemented and havn't actually seen a tester from the look of things. For an MMO this games launch is decent yes, but no where near best and no where near done for its release date.

Your releasing an unfinished unpolished game for christmas, a time of the year when most actually have time to play, and that in its own right is a huge issue when your content cant be blowed trough a few sessions of powerplaying and your story that is made to be taken seriously is ripped off from pinky and the brain script (Yes, some classes are absolutely great but some classes really have a thick sense of unintenional comedy on them).

Edit: What is left of this experience after 30 days? Yeah I figured as much, ques.

Edited by Sohtaraz

My last paragraph. Those other issues with the launcher and connectivity, as well as the chat bugs are quite a bit more major then everything but the Taris bug, at least I'd think so.

From what I understand about the chat bug, it comes and goes (based on what I've read/been told). As for the launcher and connectivity, yes those are major issues. Truth be told we had issues with the launcher in beta, but not to the degree that they are having now. I do consider the pending quest reward bug a large issue..basically because it had the potential to backup all other quests, thereby eliminating the point of questing which would =ragequit. The other big one is the database bug...which actually also happened in a November beta build.

So yes theres some issues that are new, but the majority of issues were suffered in beta, and are not necessarily a direct proponent of increased population/server sizes. A longer beta process may have rectified those issues. However, thats conjecture at this point, seeing as we are at launch..its moot now.

this game is broken

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=44923&page=2

how did this game breaking bug make it out of beta 50%stuck utter joke

Thats really a simple answer. Basically because our bug reports were ignored. Also, the last two builds in beta..the bug/ticket system was bugged (ironic huh) and broken. So we had to post on the forums for bug reports...in which case it probably wasn't even looked at. Thats why.

Thats really a simple answer. Basically because our bug reports were ignored. Also, the last two builds in beta..the bug/ticket system was bugged (ironic huh) and broken. So we had to post on the forums for bug reports...in which case it probably wasn't even looked at. Thats why.

lol i thought it could nt get anyworse,ty for explaining that one to me :cool: so basicly we are still in beta?

Show me one single MMO in existance that released with no bugs and you get a cookie...

If you can't then shut it and endure or rage quit back to WoW.

Ill double that cookie prize if they find one

Edited by Teilo

Only launches i've been around for were DAoC, Lotro, DCUO and Warhammer. This game is literally the epitome of perfection compared to those (as far as launches go).

The only bug i've run into so far is Archaeology nodes not always letting me gather them. But this occurred only 3 times. As for the queue times, most i've waited is 20 minutes which is completely acceptable and to be expected in my book. Last time i logged in only 5 servers had a queue at all, and they were only 5-15min.

Many say the game is lacking features every MMO should have at launch. The game already has well over 100 million spent in voice acting. What they've put out is a solid base to build from. Now that they have the overlords at EA seeing returns, they can start building up. As the game sits now it's an entertaining game that is worth my money (both in box sale, and subscription fee). They have large plans for building on, improving, and implementing new systems that the minority of the populace that frequents the forums seems to be whining about.

Edited by Fende

How is anyone taking the OP seriously? Every comment, vague. This post lacks substance.

To most of us, this is obviously a fairly tidy game at launch. Nearly every time I log on, there has been something to download, fixing this and that. Most of my major complaints, such as not getting credit for Flashpoint Dailies when the instance wasn't in my name. I ran 2 of the separate dailies today, neither in my name, both worked.

I played Mortal Online for 4 months. If you think this game needs pushed back, go try a trial there and remember it's been out well over a year.

Show me one single MMO in existance that released with no bugs and you get a cookie...

If you can't then shut it and endure or rage quit back to WoW.

we got a weenier:rolleyes:

it not bout released wf no bugs where you make such nonsense up

i

i

You make no sense at all. You claim the games beta because it still has bugs in it, but now your saying that's not why it's beta?

And guys, please, learn what beta is. It isn't "THAR BE BUGS", it's "We have a controlled environment in which we are able to hunt for bugs, and make design decisions, without alienating all our paying customers" Those Free to play beta's you keep getting into should not be how you actually treat betas.

I've played almost all triple A MMORPGS since EQ2/WoW at launch (*) and I can't remember a single one running more smoothly for me than this one.

I've been playing since early access day two, reached lvl 41 by now and have encountered no lag, no disconnects, no broken quests, no /stuck glitches or anything.

*:

Just in case someone just has to know specifically:

EQ2, WoW, LotRo, EVE, Warhammer, AoC, Aion, ST:O, DCUO.

i

What in God's sake are you trying to say here!! English grammar people!

Lol, some of the people on this forum lack very basic writing skills....

Actually you missed my point, the op was trying to state that by the number of threads on this forum you can state that the game was not ready for release because the player base is not happy.

I retorted with my own generalised statement which shows that his is a heap of bull.

You understand now?