Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Given I'm talking about the entire legacy storage and not just one tab but I assumed you could understand that. I gave you too much credit.

Your response was to my statements about the one free tab. Your problem is that you simply refuse to admit that BW has given everyone a great new free feature: one tab of Legacy storage.

I begin to think you are the kind of person who, when given a free full glass of your favorite drink, would complain that the glass was not large enough.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it isn't. SWTOR is a luxury entertainment product based on a hybrid subscriber/cash-market model. Other than at the most basic and irrelevant level ("Make money") , it is nothing like a farm, nothing like a widget factory, nothing like a retail store.

Right....it's "entertainment". Most people here are saying they don't find grinding credits "entertaining" enough to warrant the exorbitant price of 50 mil.

Right....it's "entertainment". Most people here are saying they don't find grinding credits "entertaining" enough to warrant the exorbitant price of 50 mil.

Just playing the game will bring you the credits. Don't fixate on grinding and just play, you'll get the millions eventually.

Last I checked the video game industry was a Multi Billion dollar per year industry made up of several different game studios whose sole purpose is to make games, market them, and MAKE MONEY!!

If that isn't a business then I don't know what is.

Edited by Anaesha

I begin to think you are the kind of person who, when given a free full glass of your favorite drink, would complain that the glass was not large enough.

If he were asked to drink that drink with a medicine dropper, one drop at a time, he'd have a right to complain. Of course he could unlock larger ways to drink it (tiny straw, spoon), for a cost...yet you think he should still be grateful?! Geezus...

Re: how many players can afford to max their Legacy Storage,

Really? This isn't hard to figure out. This isn't the early 2000's where there are few MMORPGs on the market. Now the MMORPG industry is very saturated and as a result player attrition rate is notoriously high. Across the industry, the average player sticks around for somwhere between 6 months to a year before moving on, depending on the title. Also keep in mind that the average MMO player also has a intensity ratio of 22 hours played per week so based on those numbers ...

Nothing in your post provides a method for determining how many SWTOR players can afford to max their Legacy Storage, and not just because industry-wide stats do not apply to a specific game (e.g. EVE Online).

BioWare knows, because they can query their databases. You do not. Stop pretending you do.

Just playing the game will bring you the credits. Don't fixate on grinding and just play, you'll get the millions eventually.

I've been here since beta and I don't have half of the 50mil, nor do I waste my credits on luxury items.

I've been here since beta and I don't have half of the 50mil, nor do I waste my credits on luxury items.

Then you're not doing enough content. Sitting around not doing anything will never get you credits. Go do FPs or Dailies or Operations or something else. Sell WZ packs or something.

For some. But for me, it is worth more the price of a movie ticket, popcorn and a drink. Or a couple of DVDs. So I do not need to grind credits (even though I actually enjoy doing "credit grinds" at times.)

That's the thing about entertainment products: the value is entirely subjective.

re: having no credits after playing SWTOR for a long time:

Then you're not doing enough content.

Or spending too much money on pulling mods, augmenting gear, or cosmetic/QoL items (like my Revan statue: 5 million credits, and cheap at the price!) Where else can the money be going? Unless you die a lot, you cannot help but make money in this game. If you die a lot, L2P, for gosh sakes.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Re: how many players can afford to max their Legacy Storage,

Nothing in your post provides a method for determining how many SWTOR players can afford to max their Legacy Storage, and not just because industry-wide stats do not apply to a specific game (e.g. EVE Online).

BioWare knows, because they can query their databases. You do not. Stop pretending you do.

Wow, you actually believe that TOR is such a special snowflake that it is somehow immune to every single factor that is relevant to just about every other MMO in the industry? Why don't you actually try to put forth some evidence that supports your side of argument as opposed to resorting to cliche one liner that is "BW knows". It's as if BW has a stellar track record when it comes to their business decisions.

With that said, do you seriously believe that outside industry analysts can't come up with accurate information regarding a specific company within that said sector? If that's true then no analyst whether it is in the field of banking, manufacturing, biotech or IT has ever put forth a credible report considering they rarely work for the company (for legal reasons) that they are reporting on.

Your obtusenss is astounding on this matter, good grief.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

It is just as silly to claim the prices are not a big deal because it is "easy" to make money as it is to claim that it is too expensive for everyone.

The truth is more likely somewhere in between. There will be folks that have trouble generating that kind of money. There will be folks that find it rather easy. To contend both points is reasonable IMO.

To say things like "legacy storage is completely useless to everyone" or "everyone can afford this easily" are self serving statements that damage credibility IMO. Adding personal insults to the mix prove a lack of credibility.

There are some folks determined to shoot themselves in the foot today. Demonstrate some self control and avoid moderation...your only hurting yourself.

Edited by LordArtemis

I won't claim it is useless to everyone but to me given the price for all the bays and with what little features LS offers Me it has become utterly useless to me.

Quite frankly as I've said before a lot of the decisions BW has made regarding GSH has more or less killed off most of my enthusiasm for this content update.

And your delusions obviously allows you to believe that SWTOR is somehow immune to every single factor that is relevant to just about every MMO in the industry. Why don't you actually try to put forth some evidence that supports your side of argument as opposed to resorting the cliche one liner that is "BW knows".

My side of the argument here is simply "you are making statements you have no evidentiary support for." I think I've provided all the support I need for that.

Your response was to my statements about the one free tab. Your problem is that you simply refuse to admit that BW has given everyone a great new free feature: one tab of Legacy storage.

and your response to mine was about the 50 mil price tag just to reach a more acceptable level of usefulness. One free tab is a bare minimum of usefulness. the rest is not cost effective and is over priced for it's limited usefulness.

When it's not the drink ordered why would anyone be thankful. This is not the legacy storage gamers have been requesting and no where near the cost gamers would have guessed for how limited it is. Even with a free tab 80 slots is nothing in the overall game but not only for crafters but for those that also transfer gear sets to alts.

Trying to funnel all your crafting mats to one legacy storage would cost 50 million credits for the space and still probably not be enough space. Much less when you add in the others things gamers need to move to alts.

Complaints on this are well warranted here given it's current price structure and setup.

Edited by Quraswren

I won't claim it is useless to everyone but to me given the price for all the bays and with what little features LS offers Me it has become utterly useless to me.

Quite frankly as I've said before a lot of the decisions BW has made regarding GSH has more or less killed off most of my enthusiasm for this content update.

I think this is a fair statement. A single individual can certainly contend that the system, as designed, is useless to them specifically. I am sure there are folks out there that will share this conclusion.

...as long as it is conceded that as the system stands there will likely be folks that WILL find it is not useless.

IMO that does not diminish the argument that prices should be reduced. I think there is a sufficient basis for that argument, and no compelling argument that I have seen has been presented to counter that, other than the speculative self-serving view that "getting credits is easy".

Getting credits is easy for some, not so easy for others.

Re: when given a free full glass of your favorite drink ...

When it's not the drink ordered whey would anyone be thankful.

Oh, simple courtesy and a realization that you were not entitled to it, perhaps?

But I understand that both of those things are rare on the forums ... the Dark Side is strong in this place.

It is just as silly to claim the prices are not a big deal because it is "easy" to make money as it is to claim that it is too expensive for everyone.

The truth is more likely somewhere in between. There will be folks that have trouble generating that kind of money. There will be folks that find it rather easy. To contend both points is reasonable IMO.

To say things like "legacy storage is completely useless to everyone" or "everyone can afford this easily" are self serving statements that damage credibility IMO. Adding personal insults to the mix prove a lack of credibility.

There are some folks determined to shoot themselves in the foot today. Demonstrate some self control and avoid moderation...your only hurting yourself.

And when you combine the logic of 'it's somewhere in the middle' with the fact that BW has metrics that measure how many credits people have, how many they make, how many they spend and everything else related to credits, I have to assume that the 50mil total isn't something that they just pulled out of the air and is based on those metrics.

My side of the argument here is simply "you are making statements you have no evidentiary support for." I think I've provided all the support I need for that.

Your unabashed trust in BW is cute, adorable actually, despite the fact that it is not grounded in reality.

For profit companies tend to stick with what works as a general rule as trying something new often involves more risk than they (or shareholders) would be willing to take on. By your own indirect admission from an earlier post, cartel market is what works for TOR and that business model has made BW significant amounts of profits since the game turned F2P. With that said, I will reiterate once again that the 50 million credit barrier is just a transparent attempt by BW to steer players toward buying CC as the preferred method of unlock which will in turn maximize their revenue stream. F2P games (MMO or otherwise) are notorious for this tactic so no, don't even dare to question me on this since analytical finance is my trade and reading between the lines regarding company strategies is an actual acquired skill that comes naturally with my continued employment.

As such, your argument is invalid by default since the 50 million credits is being used as a barrier that is designed to be inherently unaffordable for the masses.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

I know how easy it is to get credits in this game. I just can barely stand doing it anymore. In one month I made around 30 million credits through dailies between 1 to. 2 characters running dailies and selling isotope-5 everyday . I can't do it anymore for two reasons.

1. It was mind numblingly boring. I never want to do dailies like that ever again where I'm near maxing out basic comms ever week.

2. I can't do that anymore because my schedule won't allow that anymore because I have to go back college and obviously I don't want to waste my limited time doing things that aren't fun.

CC was always out of the question. I can't blow 60-80 dollars on this crap, I could buy a new game with that money, or couple old games. I was content with the stuff that legacy storage can hold but this isn't worth they are asking for (IMO, since it appears the obvious needs clarifying on this forum).

Edited by Nickious

And when you combine the logic of 'it's somewhere in the middle' with the fact that BW has metrics that measure how many credits people have, how many they make, how many they spend and everything else related to credits, I have to assume that the 50mil total isn't something that they just pulled out of the air and is based on those metrics.

I think that is fair as well. Although, considering they are seeking feedback on the prices (not sure if it's the prices specifically, perhaps just housing overall, you can correct me on that If I am mistaken) It is possible they simply set the price based on what they see as value.

Which would also not be that unreasonable a reason to do so IMO. As long as they are open to adjustment if they find that folks do not react well to the price point.

In the end the most important thing here, fair or not, is to encourage subscriptions and retention. If this feature does not contribute to that it needs to be modified to do so IMO. Some of those modifications may not seem like they are fair ones to those that feel the game is already too easy...but in the end the most important factor is what the majority of players want to keep playing and paying.

And I think we are all speculating to that point.

Your unabashed trust in BW is cute, adorable actually, despite the fact that it is not grounded in reality.

Do you know what "trust" means? In essence it only means predictability in how someone will act or react.

I predict BW will try to maximize profitability. That's the limit of my trust.

I think that is fair as well. Although, considering they are seeking feedback on the prices (not sure if it's the prices specifically, perhaps just housing overall, you can correct me on that If I am mistaken) It is possible they simply set the price based on what they see as value.

Which would also not be that unreasonable a reason to do so IMO. As long as they are open to adjustment if they find that folks do not react well to the price point.

In the end the most important thing here, fair or not, is to encourage subscriptions and retention. If this feature does not contribute to that it needs to be modified to do so IMO. Some of those modifications may not seem like they are fair ones to those that feel the game is already too easy...but in the end the most important factor is what the majority of players want to keep playing and paying.

And I think we are all speculating to that point.

It's a constant speculation and effort to keep players engaged. Housing is an example of them taking old content and making it relevant again. TOR has shown that they have a talent for being able to do this repeatedly.

On the top of the prices, I would guess that they have a 'range' of prices. If I had to guess, I'd say if they see a massive explosion of rage at the cost, they'd drop it to 40mil, at most. But, we haven't seen an explosion of unanimous or near-unanimous rage. They have little reason to lower the price 'right now.' Now, if it goes live at 50mil for total unlock and people rage and...more importantly...don't buy them, then the price will be put on sale on a semi-regular basis. But, I wouldn't anticipate them 'ever' lowering the price because some people will always have the credits to pay full price.

Re: when given a free full glass of your favorite drink ...

Oh, simple courtesy and a realization that you were not entitled to it, perhaps?

Entitlement has nothing to do with it when what you got is not what you ordered. Doesn't matter if it was free or not and courtesy doesn't even come into play when I'm already pay just to be there and they still didn't deliver. Courtesy happens when things work out.

I'm not sure I see that in this case given how it's setup.

But I understand that both of those things are rare on the forums ... the Dark Side is strong in this place.

Tis true. Nothing but absolutes it seems. You either like it or don't for some for some.

For me, It's barely useful given it's current structure and price setup. To gain a real use for crafters they will have to have multiple tabs costing between 5 and 50 million depending on their market and what they craft. High end mats will not be the only thing crafters would want quick access to or have in one convenient area to draw from.

It's not entirely useless but current LS is very limited and cost will be a factor because one tab will hardly be enough.