If You Could Change One Thing...

PhantomAxxaxxin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me (and I am seriously leaning towards that explanation) but I actually like Jar Jar Binks. :eek:

... but if there was one thing I could change throughout the lore, (but it is two-part) it would be that Anakin Skywalker never married Padme Amidala, and didn't fall to the Dark Side.

I know GL's argument is that in order for Anakin to have destoyed the Darkness, he needed to join it. But... I dunno.

I'd like to think that Anakin would have been just fine destroying Sidious if he'd learn to truly follow the Jedi Code, not marry Padme, and actually helped Windu take down the Sith Lord when they had the chance.

And to think, if he'd done that, he would have been a true Champion of the Light and still would have fulfilled the prophecy as the Chosen One.

... sorry, I tend to rant.

That's the one thing about the entire lore that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I guess I'm just one of those hopeless saps who likes the idea of the hero not having to turn evil to defeat it. I mean, what better way to defeat Darkness than with Light? (And I don't mean going Dark, killing everyone else you love to save one specific person you love and then miraculously turning Light again in the end...)

After all... you can't fight fire with fire. It only makes it bigger.

But that's just what I would change. :rolleyes:

Boba Fett wouldn't have ALMOST died in such a pathetic way. Hate having to explain that he survived to everyone who doesn't pay attention to the EU.

But in Lucas's defense Fett was never intended to be one of the biggest characters in Star Wars history, all the way down to having an entire damn video game JUST for his dad.

Grr, only one thing... I'd either go with making it so Luke doesn't become this overpowered Mary Sue in the EU, or same with Darth Sidious, getting rid of the comment "Darth Sidious is the most power sith ever" thing which nobody is allowed to argue with. I hated Sidious, for the final "boss" of the OT he looked horrible, his lightning looked generally weak, and he couldnt fight off Darth Vader, who didn't kill him using a lightsaber or the force, no, he just went ahead and threw em over a ledge. Other than those two characters I'm generally fine with all the Star Wars stuff. Jar Jar Binks could've been made a little brighter and not have those moments of accidentally killing battle droids.. That was just stupid... But yeah other than that I have no complaints..well I have wants but the first 2 were my top..

This, the whole concept that a single bounty hunter can do what he did is ********. A psychic with super powers would basically work Boba Fett. He was pathetic in the movies but the fan boys turned him into this God like person.

Typical fan boys, expressing thoughts and opinions... jerks... Bounty hunters aren't called "Jedi Killers" for nothing you know...

If I could change one thing, I would change epp. 2 and 3 so the clone wars were not fought with clones but rather with a conscripted army, and I would make at least some of the fighting take place on Coursant; I feel like a war fought by faceless clones against faceless driods on a far off planet doesn't carry a lot of weight for the citizens of the republic :(

If you could change one thing in the Star Wars universe, what would it be? (I'm thinking primarily ABY EU canon here, but anything is welcome*...)

For instance, I'd get rid of Boba Fett having a wife/kid. If he was to have a kid, maybe adopt a son, but that's pushing it...

What about you? What would you change?

This man speaks for all of us

He doesn't speak for me.

if I could change one thing? All the whiny fanboys that think Star wars belongs to them.

Typical fan boys, expressing thoughts and opinions... jerks... Bounty hunters aren't called "Jedi Killers" for nothing you know...

If I could change one thing, I would change epp. 2 and 3 so the clone wars were not fought with clones but rather with a conscripted army, and I would make at least some of the fighting take place on Coursant; I feel like a war fought by faceless clones against faceless driods on a far off planet doesn't carry a lot of weight for the citizens of the republic :(

Coruscant was attacked by the CIS. It's mentioned in one of the Republic Commando novels(or so I'm told) .

- Jar jar changing opinion in two seconds after qui-Gon and Obi-wan stupid menaces

- Jar Jar jump diving

- Jar Jar... well Jar Jar at all

- Ewoks wanting to EAT rebels. And trying to cook Han without killing him... stupid scene

- New dance scene in Return of the Jedi (having fun when Oola goes down to a rancor? stupid change!!)

- Episode II Anakin and Padmé sugar scenes

By this point I'd be hard pressed to find any one thing. Top two? I'd probably have to say either the Vong, or Boba returning, say what you want about the Jedi vs Bounty Hunter thing (I'll admit I lean towards Jedi since that's the tone GL seemed to set before he sold his vision for insane amounts of money), but Boba really never seemed to put up that much of a showing in the films. I mean his big claim to fame was managing to trap Luke with that rope, which while impressive is made less so by A) His inability to close the deal and B) The fact that Luke had his hands full with a bargeful of people trying to kill him.

I'd make it so Chewbacca and Mara Jade never died. I still haven't forgiven Salvatore for Chewbacca.

Dude, Chewie went out the only way he could. In a blaze of glory while saving Han's offspring.

Now, I DO agree with Mara Jade. That was a total waste of a perfectly hot character.

If you could change one thing in the Star Wars universe, what would it be? (I'm thinking primarily ABY EU canon here, but anything is welcome*...)

For instance, I'd get rid of Boba Fett having a wife/kid. If he was to have a kid, maybe adopt a son, but that's pushing it...

What about you? What would you change?

This man speaks for all of us

Make Luke less whiny.

I thought Boba Fett's kid was an unaltered clone of himslelf he got as part of the deal to use his DNA for the clone army.

That was Jango Fett, and he was only unaltered to the point where he wasn't given speed growth like the rest of the clones.