If You Could Change One Thing...

PhantomAxxaxxin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have episodes 1-3 completely redone. horrible dialogue. appeal to toy-buying children much?

Lucas shoulda opened it up to a team of authors from many great SW titles. Timothy Zahn should lead them. Now thats how to make characters, chemistry and suspense all fit so nicely.

i would change the plot in the 3 prequal movies and make so jar jar binks never existed. no gun guns, no count duko, darth maul would have been epic if he would have been in the movies up until the 3rd chapter and then had a battle between anakin and obi wan. anakin is question his aligance to the dark side and maul makes anakin see the what teh dark side can offer so he betrayes obi wan and attack him. in the meentime maul has now 2 duel bladed lightsabers and jump to finish off qui gon jinn, yes he is not dead yet becouse qui gon had far better history then any other old jedi knights. maul and he has there final confrontation and with one strike maul is hit and fall down to the ground. obi wan and qui gon ries to calm him down but anakin force choke padme to teh death and obi wan and qui gon jump of to save her but fails.

I do not know, I think the Gungans/JarJar Binks were a mediocre part of the story, though I was actually hoping for some type of fight underwater, on "their turf". I agree that JarJar's character was silly. Getting rid of JarJar Binks would not have hurt the story, but I guess the advertisers and promoters needed something they could sell to children and still be able to promote the movie series as "family friendly". Thoughts?

The real item I have always wanted to delve deeper into was background on Yoda. Who does not like him? He is cute, furry, cuddly... kids love him. Plus he is a bad-*** Jedi Master. Point being, character development on Yoda and his race would have added a lot to the SW saga. With a long 900-year life (born 2757 years after the Treaty of Coruscant) and experiences, all the Jedi he trained; it seems there is a lot that could have been covered esp since he is such a pivotal figure.

I'd make it so Chewbacca and Mara Jade never died. I still haven't forgiven Salvatore for Chewbacca.

Wasn't his fault. He was told to do it that way.

I know what I would change.

Vergere being retconned into a Sith was stupid, because one ******* didn't realize that Vergere was restoring the teachings of the old Republic Jedi on the nature of the Force, particularly the Unifying Force, and somehow managed to misconstrue that as, "oh, the Jedi are embracing moral relativism." Really, I would just not allow Troy Denning to work on anything. He ruined Vergere, Luke, Jaina, Jacen, Corran Horn, and Cal Omas. He ruined them good and hard.

Also, as someone who found the prequels enjoyable, I must say that after looking deeper into them, I realize now that there was sooo much more there than I ever could have thought psosible, and it si perfectly sets up the originals, in ways that would take me hours to explain. Getting rid of Lucas, would be the single biggest mistake we could make, because without him, Star Wars would be dead.

Yes, there are problems with the prequels, but they are outshined by the themes shown in them, and in the correlations to the OT. Despite what so many people say, Anakin's fall was perfectly done, he was the ultimate Holdfast. I promise you guys, if you got rid of Lucas, then you would see things in Star Wars that would make even the staunchest PT haters beg for the PT, rather than the drek we would see.

Edited by Jorander

If we're talking purely ABY EU changes, I'd prevent Luke and Mara Jade getting it on. The two characters barely get on even after Mara realises the mental conditioning she's carrying, and Luke has got an entire Universe of force-sensitives to train up to begin a new Jedi order.

Although all the 'we're not allowed to love' stuff came along with the Prequel trilogy, that's about the one part of the prequel additions that makes sense since love is so very close to hate, it would be sensible for an order of Jedi to train themselves against such passionate emotions. I guess Luke could change up the rules since he's inventing a new order, but it all felt a bit soap-opera to me that every blasted character in the SW Universe pairs up with a wife and then has kids.

For overall changes, I'd like to wipe the prequels from history, frankly. Specifically the Midichlorians idea, but also all the detail rubbish like every Jedi in the universe dressing like they live in the desert. Obi-Wan in the original trilogy dressed like that (along with Owen Lars, Luke (without the cloak) and various people in Mos Eisley - because they live in a desert, NOT because they are all Jedi!

Other than getting rid of Jar Jar Binks and that Slave Owner.

Make Darth Vader Godly Powerful. Like using his Forces Powers to take a Carrier out of orbit and have it crash into the planet killing everyone on board.

Darth Maul wouldn't be chopped in half and have robotic legs. He would just flee or get stabbed. Still keeping his awesome and agile like fighting style.

Edited by Beedlejuice

How whiny Anakin seemed to be throughout the prequels. God I have to skip many of the scenes in the first three just because of his annoying attitude. It's like grow up man, your a freaking Jedi you don't see any of the others acting as childish as you. At least when he became Vader he wasn't a little *****. Edited by Ldogg

If I can change one thing... make Anakin be eight or ten years older when Qui Gonn and Obi Wan first meet him. Having him be a sulky, rebellious teenager instead of an excitable brat would make Phantom Menace's most embarassing scenes less wince-worthy; would explain the Jedi Council's reluctance to train him better; would allow Amidala to also be older (let's see, Naboo has a queen... who is elected... when she's fourteen years old. Guess George didn't take any political science classes!).

That would make Anakin about thirty when he falls to the dark side. I like that more. A grown, mature adult making fateful bad decisions is tragedy. A teenager/twenty year old making fateful bad decisions is part of growing up :)

Go back in time and shoot Lucas so he doesn't make those god awful prequels. Of their own, they were bad, but kind of okay movies. Never really SEEMED like the SW we all know and love though.

Oh man... I don't even now were to begin.

The prequels are fantastic. Not perfect, mind you. But there is only one movie in the history of cinema that is 100% perfect, and that is The Empire Strikes Back. In fact, one of the prequels is the second best movie in the entire saga, and it's called Revenge of the Sith...

also all the detail rubbish like every Jedi in the universe dressing like they live in the desert. Obi-Wan in the original trilogy dressed like that (along with Owen Lars, Luke (without the cloak) and various people in Mos Eisley - because they live in a desert, NOT because they are all Jedi!

Then, how do you explain Anakin (Sebastian Shaw) wearing almost exactly the same outfit as Kenobi in the original ending of Return of the Jedi ?

Edited by Paperface

I would go back in time and kill that flaming ubertard Hayden Christiansen's family, his grandparents, his greatgrandparents, as far back as my time machine would take me!

Have to make sure noone even remotely related ends up taking the part of Anakin!

Worst actor ever.