BW's 9-5 job while the world waits.

Muglor

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

I'm sure people in Europe and Asia would certainly enjoy this idea.:mad:

You still have yet to pay for the game sir.

Obviously you have never worked a job that involves any kind of production schedule.

All my friends who got invites for today? They're working. These things called "jobs" that they have to do. The extension(yes...extension) of the early access was rather recent. A few friends(and I do only mean a few) took off Thursday and Friday of this week, partially with plans to play the game. But no one I know actually took off any earlier days. They have to work.

Most of my friends ordered on day one of pre-order. They all got invites, but have yet to log in. Cause they're working.

So people posting that the servers are empty...well of course they are. The vast majority of the North American players are probably just now getting off work or in the next few hours. But doesn't mean that a huge number didn't get invites. So they know that they invited a TON of people who haven't yet started logging on.

I bet you in about 2-3 hours, those servers will have huge population increases. Not from new invites, but due to the earlier invites finally being utilized.

Then tomorrow morning, we'll hear the same thing. Servers are empty, why aren't you letting more people in faster. That's cause the vast majority of them who got in today will be BACK at work and not playing and even the ones who get invites tomorrow, will mostly not get to start playing until after their job.

There's multiple reasons to stop rolling out additional waves. I'm sure they have a vague idea on what the maximum number of unique individuals logging on will be, based upon invites. Maybe some people won't utilize the invite. Bioware has no way of knowing that they won't start using it a few hours later. So they will roll this out steadily and slowly. The large volume of players is still a few hours away. Let it simmer and see how it works out for the evening.

I'd love to be playing tonight, but you know what? I pre-ordered on Nov 29th. So I'm guessing it'll be a day or two still. That's fine. I actually have worked in these industries so I understand how this stuff works and all the little issues they have to deal with in the back end that no one else seems to understand.

I'm sure this was a waste of my time typing this, but oh well. Maybe someone's just being emotional and not quite a dimwit and they'll get it. We'll see.

Thank the Lord someone understands. I just wanted to re-quote this for everyone who didn't read back a few pages.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

That's not enough Stephen! People should be working for 26 hours a day, 8 days a week!

For all the whiners: Grow the **** up :rolleyes:

People...

It's been said and again, that BioWare is giving people a chance -- a CHANCE to play the game before it goes retail. As in, before the actual release date. Remember when people were complaining that "early access" meant 5 days early? Yeah?

I mean, if you know a developer that allows people unrestrained access to their upcoming game before it goes retail pray tell. But even if you can name one off, the fact to the matter is that the pre-order community is being given a chance at playing the game early. These are the people you'll be enjoying the game with. Is it not enough to just appreciate that your fellow gamer will be playing and you'll be joining them soon?

We are now DAYS away from release. So basically the whiners are saying that they've waited months and, in some cases, YEARS and they can't deal with some few more days? I'm willing to just chock it up to whiners being the most vocal. Pat your fellow player on the back and go play some Trine 2 or Skyrim or whatever.

Happy gaming...

You still have yet to pay for the game sir.

I dont know about you, but my CC was charged on july 25th.

I didnt get an email today, sucks but it is life.

Having an 18 hour window between waves is a little much. I got boned by origin and my key and have an august 1st pre-order reg date. I *should* get in tomorrow, but I dont see a reason as for their 18 hour no launch window.

It is completely sad to see BW's total indifference to the rest of us that are still forced to wait.

They show up at regular working times, do their jobs...let a few people in to play the game, and then they go home after 8 hours....a 9-5 job.

Dear Bioware,

Are you currently aware that you have waiting customers in Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, and more? And only allowing 5 waves in per day at the time that you're in the office is a complete slap in the face to your customers (who supported you and paid your paychecks).

Are you too cheap to get multiple teams going to allow waves of eager paying customers to enter the game at all hours???

It saddens me greatly that SR actually had to post this.. come on people.. you are not entitled to something that someone gives away.

Agreed. It was nice of him to come on here and humor us to begin with. No, I'm not in yet, yes, I'm very anxious to start playing, and yes, I'm upset that I'm not waving my glow bat around right now. However, I understand that they are doing it this way for a reason. I DO think they can easily handle waves throughout the day, but like I said, they must have they must have their reasons. BW and EA knew this would upset the community, and they still did it, I'm sure its not for *****s and giggles.

The game was set to release on the 20th. This is an additional, unexpected, EXTRA day of early access.

This wasn't part of what you paid for - this is *bonus.*

And yet, people still complain.

I gave a bum on the side of the street 2 dollars once. He said "seriously thats it"

everyone complains :(

You do realize most of the BW guys were at the office at 4:30am? They've been doing a hell of a job keeping the servers up for you.

Keeping servers up ? The majority is light population. Why do they need to keep anything up ?

Thank you very much for your time and patience in dealing with me and people like me, an impatient crowd overly eager to enjoy the game. :D

They should deal with you by forcing you to have 30 minutes early access before the servers go down on the 19th, because of your bad forum behaviour. They shoudnt HAVE to deal with this. You people are ungrateful, selfish, disgusting brats throwing tantrums on the forums. Its disgusting. I wish the forums would have stayed shut off until launch day.

For those that are being or will be rude, I have reported you and will report any future rude remarks.

There is a wrong way to disagree with people, and there is a professional way to disagree with people. Sadly, I see most of the hecklers here lack the proper education to know which is which. Either way it is Rude and Unwelcoming behavior, as BW puts it.

Thank you for your time and proof that most of you need to put the game controllers down and pick up a book. ;)

ROFL..Your post was rude to the devs....should we report you to for your behaviour?

Dear Bioware,

HAHAHAHAHA

ah ha ah ha *wipes tears*

HAHAHAHAHA

Dear Bioware,

Translation: Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dear Bioware,

Because maybe they are planning to give people a rest before et week when the launch actually happens. At my job this is the last week I get to work 5 days, next week Im going to 6. Next week is the al important week.

I preordered late,

entered my code in mid NOV

I dont expect to get many days in early access maybe 1?

What all of you people are failing to see is that doing this in waves

is prob the worst idea possible for a mmo release if the servers can't

handle everyone on now what makes you think they can handle

everyone on the 20th.

Early access is still in most cases still considered testing for the game

what they should be testing is how well the servers/login server

do under this much pressure

Yes i agree the first maybe 5-6 hrs slowly give people access

then by the start of the next day everyone should be on.

Not this fart *** way inviting people over 5 days.

For the record...

The Live Services team is working in shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the next month to ensure that servers stay up, player population is well managed, issues are triaged, problems are communicated and bugs are fixed as fast as possible.

After that, we're on-call 24/7 for the life of the game.

Awesome, wish I had your job without the headache of some of the less intelligent people on the forums :D

Obviously you have never worked a job that involves any kind of production schedule.

All my friends who got invites for today? They're working. These things called "jobs" that they have to do. The extension(yes...extension) of the early access was rather recent. A few friends(and I do only mean a few) took off Thursday and Friday of this week, partially with plans to play the game. But no one I know actually took off any earlier days. They have to work.

Most of my friends ordered on day one of pre-order. They all got invites, but have yet to log in. Cause they're working.

So people posting that the servers are empty...well of course they are. The vast majority of the North American players are probably just now getting off work or in the next few hours. But doesn't mean that a huge number didn't get invites. So they know that they invited a TON of people who haven't yet started logging on.

I bet you in about 2-3 hours, those servers will have huge population increases. Not from new invites, but due to the earlier invites finally being utilized.

Then tomorrow morning, we'll hear the same thing. Servers are empty, why aren't you letting more people in faster. That's cause the vast majority of them who got in today will be BACK at work and not playing and even the ones who get invites tomorrow, will mostly not get to start playing until after their job.

There's multiple reasons to stop rolling out additional waves. I'm sure they have a vague idea on what the maximum number of unique individuals logging on will be, based upon invites. Maybe some people won't utilize the invite. Bioware has no way of knowing that they won't start using it a few hours later. So they will roll this out steadily and slowly. The large volume of players is still a few hours away. Let it simmer and see how it works out for the evening.

I'd love to be playing tonight, but you know what? I pre-ordered on Nov 29th. So I'm guessing it'll be a day or two still. That's fine. I actually have worked in these industries so I understand how this stuff works and all the little issues they have to deal with in the back end that no one else seems to understand.

I'm sure this was a waste of my time typing this, but oh well. Maybe someone's just being emotional and not quite a dimwit and they'll get it. We'll see.

Well said. I redeemed my key day 1, beta tested for a year, got in at 6am and had a bit of time to roll a few characters, score some hot names then proceeded off to work. I got 6 weeks of vacation time available but as much as I'd liked to have stayed home and played, got a job to do.

I have no problem calling anyone who took the day off work solely for the purpose of hoping to get in today and play today a loser. Might sound harsh but I'd much rather have a job. The game will be there later.

The game was set to release on the 20th. This is an additional, unexpected, EXTRA day of early access.

This wasn't part of what you paid for - this is *bonus.*

And yet, people still complain.

I paid my 5 bucks just like the people that are playing right now