Legacy Storage?

idnewton

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll state this again in a different manner.

All 180 crafted gear, whether its Implants, Ear Pieces, and Relics are all Bind on Equip. Which means all the hard work the progression raiders have put in to get their Left side is completely useless because its BoP where as someone who spends credits to gear up their toon's Left side will be able to put said ears, implants and relics into the legacy bank. How is this fair?

most progression raiders are getting relics from crafters...so there goes that argument

[sarcastically] you dont deserve to be able to equip your mainhand weapon..play without it..what a false sense of entitlement [and so on ...]

Did you miss the part of the post the poster you responded to was responding to that said:

I subscribe for over 2 years now with 20 toons and 8 55's. We dedicated subs deserve this. Flat out.

That sounds like "I'm entitiled!" to these ears.

you dont deserve to be able to equip your mainhand weapon..play without it..what a false sense of entitlement. asking that legacy storage be able to hold bop is not some "entitlement" issue. it is a request of the devs to make a system work better. im sorry that that request bothers you but you will have to get over it...

Actually, it is nothing short of a "request" that the devs allow you to bypass the binding restrictions and credit sink associated with the removal and transfer of mods.

That said, my post was in response to the poster that claimed that he deserved to be able to bypass those binding restrictions and credit sink. He seems to think he deserves to be able to bypass the binding restrictions and credit sink for no reason other than that he subscribes. That makes it an "entitlement" issue, IMO.

BTW, since the devs have elected NOT to allow that to happen, I do not have to get over anything.

It would seem that if the devs' decision not to allow the binding restrictions to be bypassed bothers you, that you might have some getting over it to do, though.

most progression raiders are getting relics from crafters...so there goes that argument

If they're getting those relics from crafters, then they can place those relics in the legacy bank until those relics are actually equipped and become bound to character. That sounds fair to me.

I'll throw in my vote of confidence for the Dev team for NOT allowing bind on equip/pickup items in the legacy bank. SWTOR is the only MMO on the market that allows legacy transfer of armor and weapons. We don't need the ultimate "I win" button of relics/ears/implants.

If the folks crying for this feature got what they wanted, and you could transfer implants and relics: Progression raiding teams would force their members to have identical alts (mirrors) and run everything twice, each week, shortening the progression time by half to fully gear out your left side, while doubling the expected amount of in game time. For example, since my ops team is not allowed to exploit Nefra, we are not quite done getting a second implant for everyone (this is in part due to having replaced 2 members during this time as well). However, if this legacy bank thing could unbind an implant, we'd all be done weeks ago, including the 4 implants I need for my tank/dps hybrid, and our 2 new members.

And that's why it shouldn't be done. Progression is too fast already. This would only make it insanely fast, and as an end game operations guy, which already has content coming out far too slow (imho), the last thing I want is to finish off the gearing game even faster, and sit on my hands even longer, waiting for the next content update.

you are wrong WOW lets you trade legacy gear back and forth between your characters..and it actually scales..something bioware cant make work right.

Did you miss the part of the post the poster you responded to was responding to that said:

That sounds like "I'm entitiled!" to these ears.

Subs should be entitled to certain things. That the entire point of being a sub over f2p is to have unique perks. Case in point the collection system SHOULD be open to subscribers. I remember being pretty livid seeing that you had to buy the item THEN you had to spend more coins to unlock it in the collections tab. Talk about double dipping on your subscribers.

Edited by Raansu

Conveniently forgotten by the people making the "I can buy 180 gear" argument is that, as has usually been true:

Top-tier (186) Ears, Implants, and Relics are still only available to toons that raid NiM ops.

No one can craft them. People who want Bound gear to be moveable using the Legacy Store would change that so that alts that had never raided at all could have full 186 gear.

I am against that. That said, my hat is off to the guys and gals that RE'd the drops to learn the 180 left-side schematics, at an 80% chance of failure. Though I have yet to buy or trade for one, thank you!

Subs should be entitled to certain things.

All of which are already spelled out in the ToS, which does not mention Legacy Storage AFAIK.

Subs are not entitled to things they didn't buy, no matter how much they bought or for how long.

If what they bought is not enough, well, we know what their options are.

Then what good is the new Legacy Bank? What is there to entice me to buy one if I cannot transfer BoP items across to alts? I for one was thinking that Bioware was headed in the right direction with Legacy banks, finally everything will be BoL, (in a way) like it should have been since the beginning of the game. Now I see this is all a pretty little house dress up patch with no real enticement for me to spend credits or even better, cartel coins. In my opinion game update 2.9 will be a fluffy waste of time and effort from the Devs, if the legacy bank does not allow for BoP to be stored in it. If the problem is the lack of a gold sink in the game, make it cost something to either place in or pull out BoP gear. I for one will not spend a plug credit on patch 2.9 if there is no BoP legacy bank, period.

As a crafter, I love the legacy bank.

But it is not just for crafters, it is great for altoholics.

I have a B2L a set of gear for Treek at 33,37,41,53 etc. It can stay in the legacy bank. Then whichever alt is leveling can go to the bank, equip treek and go. No trying to find the toon with the gear and then mailing it. Logins are not near as fast in SWTOR as I would like.

Or take the upcoming Gree event. I have 156s for Treek and 162+ for me. So the sage can get their b2l gear out, get treeks b2l gear out, do gree. It easier than having to keep up with which toon has the b2l gear on them or in their mailbox.

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

First of all, thank you for the answers.

But referring to the quote above, that's fine for BoP, but what about BoE items that have become bound? Because those are two different binding types. Will we be able to place those into Legacy storage?

Edited by Gamman

But referring to the quote above, that's fine for BoP, but what about BoE items that have become bound? Because those are two different binding types. Will we be able to place those into Legacy storage?

I think that is included with BoP exclusion since bind on pickup means its bound to a single character. Bound items can only be used by the person who equipped it. I sure don't think they would allow a person to transfer bound copies of CM armor to other characters, ignoring their collection system costs.

One more time: your toons never have had and never will have any BoP items in their possession, ever.

You may have seen one in a loot drop or at a vendor, but the instant it became yours, it became Bound.

Go ahead, check your inventory, show me I'm wrong. Screenshot, please.

If you are asking for all Bound items to be placeable in and moveable using the Legacy Store, say so.

But let's stop talking about BoP items as if anyone actually owns any of them. No one does.

In this case I do not see any use for the bank at all.

Totally useless feature like the rest of the Patch.

As a crafter (and also as a player who is sending stuff from Char to Char many times) I think that the legacy storage is no useless feature indeed. It's a feature players like me have been waiting for a long time. :cool:

I have no problems with the fact that it's not working with BOP-Items - the best gear Relics, Earpieces etc. (186 at the moment) should be exclusive to the Char that did the NM-Operation, not to Twinks . You can use Legacy-Clothes and Weapons for the other stuff ...

Edited by Han_Salo

Well, it is a pretty good debate, on both sides. And pretty civil all things considering.

As I mentioned previously, it isn't a big deal for me and great for my crafting. But... I'm going to have to fall on the side against sharing BoP. After thinking about it a bit, I came to the conclusion that it isn't necessary.

There is no need to make this game any easier. Lol. Legacy gear works quite well. Grinding out comms for an earpiece or an implant is well worth the work and not hard. To allow this sharing so that an alt has little or no work brings us back to the old complaint that the game is getting stale. You have to earn things, even on your alts.

I have 21 total toons so, trust me, I get it. But I don't need another crutch. Besides, some of you are acting like you have cargos full of BoP wasting away. Come on... most of you don't. You have already used your friendly neighborhood vendor to cash in. And that is fine IMO.

Now, go earn your gear on your alt.

Edited by Rafaman

@BuriDogshin

It isn't worth spending cartel coins or credits on existing content! You can already send crafting materials between characters, you can already send BoE stuff to other characters, it isn't a new feature to the game. It is maybe a convenience boost but imo a lack luster one. I had high hopes that Bioware would finally just pony up and make implants/ears/relics transferable, all of the other gear is. Its not like they were not headed in this direction already, look at legacy gear...

One more time: your toons never have had and never will have any BoP items in their possession, ever.

You may have seen one in a loot drop or at a vendor, but the instant it became yours, it became Bound.

Go ahead, check your inventory, show me I'm wrong. Screenshot, please.

If you are asking for all Bound items to be placeable in and moveable using the Legacy Store, say so.

But let's stop talking about BoP items as if anyone actually owns any of them. No one does.

Well I was working on the assumption that each bound item actually remembers what bound type it was before becoming bound. Mostly because it seems Mr. Musco is differentiating them by saying BoP instead of Bound. If he had said Bound, then I wouldn't be wondering if items do remember what binding type they had.

-snip-

EVERYTHING WOULD BECOME BOUND TO LEGACY.

-snip-

GOOD.

Like really. I already gear characters in legacy sets to facilitate shared raid gear across multiple same-class characters. My interest in the Legacy Storage was exclusively the option for moving non-BOL shells between characters, exactly in the manner that I do already with BOL shells.

Why? Because the BOL shells, almost as a rule, are hideo- I mean, unappealing. I have my characters looking a very particular way that I enjoy. Only, under the currently existing system, I can choose between a character that looks the way I want it, or multiple characters sharing gear.

I love this game. I have a large number of alts. I have almost no interest in building, maintaining, and optimizing for end-game content a raid set for each and every single character. Nor do I want to spend millions of credits on something that should, frankly, be either really cheap or free.

My preference is that the legacy bank permit the moving of BOP shells in addition to BOL shells. Or, that some item be created that would convert any item/shell to BOL. Those would sell like crazy, if they're super concerned about monetization being lost through BOP moving through the Legacy Storage.

As it stands, my interest in the Stronghold as a concept and a system has waned, and I will have no use for it when it goes live in its current incarnation.

@BuriDogshin

It isn't worth spending cartel coins or credits on existing content! .... It is maybe a convenience boost but imo a lack luster one.

Not to you. It is to me and many players I know. "Convenience" is why people by Quick Travel cooldown reductions. This is the same kind of real-life-time-saving convenience for us.

I don't need any more advantages. I don't need gearing alts to be easier. I enjoy the game, so I enjoy leveling and gearing alts. I just don't want to waste my time hunting for stuff in the 75 pages of inventory and ships' lockers that my 15 toons have, just like I don't want to waste time making the long slog back to base when I can QT instead.

Games are about fun. More convenient = more fun. Works for me, I'll buy that. YMMV.

Well I was working on the assumption that each bound item actually remembers what bound type it was before becoming bound. Mostly because it seems Mr. Musco is differentiating them by saying BoP instead of Bound. If he had said Bound, then I wouldn't be wondering if items do remember what binding type they had.

Eric's understanding of the issue may be incomplete. No disrespect, but he is a PR flack (even if a good one), not a dev. I would enjoy a clarification from him.

As it stands, my interest in the Stronghold as a concept and a system has waned, and I will have no use for it when it goes live in its current incarnation.

So sick of hearing people say that because they can't transfer bound items between characters. Based on that you were NEVER interested in the new content update, you were all only interested in having a small easy feature to that would make the bypassing of the game bound limitations even easier and actually somewhat legitimate. You all weren't even seemingly interested in the extra storage you are getting or the convenience it does bring ( IT BRINGS NOTHING NEGATIVE IN THIS STATE ) everyone who is now anti because of this just wanted an easier and cheaper way to "cheat" the system as they do now.

Well diddums for all of you whingers, those that are and were interested in the actual content will still be interested in the actual content and everyone else can go on crying for another 30 pages.

For the record I am heavily against using BoL gear to transfer BOUND items to other toons. They should not only say no to this legacy storage as they have done here but fix that loophole also and force people to earn theur gear legitimately on all toons. It would have interesting repercussions on the GTN one would assume as more mods sell and it would also reinvigorate earlier game content as people need to actually run it to get geared for later game content AS IT SHOULD BE.

This BoL crap has really ruined a lot of non end game content IMO, it needs fixing not made worse with now bound item transfer pfft.

This BoL crap has really ruined a lot of non end game content IMO, it needs fixing not made worse with now bound item transfer pfft.

As a compromise, perhaps the next level of top tier mods (after 186) should not be able to be put in BoL shells?

I'd be OK with that, but not with a roll-back from the present state. Too many people are invested in it.

Not to you. It is to me and many players I know. "Convenience" is why people by Quick Travel cooldown reductions. This is the same kind of real-life-time-saving convenience for us.

I don't need any more advantages. I don't need gearing alts to be easier. I enjoy the game, so I enjoy leveling and gearing alts. I just don't want to waste my time hunting for stuff in the 75 pages of inventory and ships' lockers that my 15 toons have, just like I don't want to waste time making the long slog back to base when I can QT instead.

Games are about fun. More convenient = more fun. Works for me, I'll buy that. YMMV.

Exactly man, this would be more convenient = more fun for me. I have several alts, I use legacy gear to get them geared up to a point where i can start doing HM runs to transfer any of that gear to my main. I am tired of this cycle, i want my convenience where i can just transfer the dang drop to my main toon so i can get the stupid set piece bonus that i can never seem to get cause my rolls in ops suck for the most part. I am really frustrated with the fact that you get your crafting convenience, but i do not get my gear shuffling convenience!