Legacy Storage?

idnewton

Anyone who isn't a crafter/trader is missing out in-game.

Why? It's the most mundane aspect of the game.

Only good thing is making money out of it, and that's already very easy in this game.

Edited by Selenial

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who isn't a crafter/trader is missing out in-game.

Well I'm sorry but as a PVP'er I've only had to use crafting for grenades and stims. So I definitely don't need 80 spaces for mats that I only use once a month on specific alts.

Edited by micnevv

Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Please suggest change to the underlined part for cosmetic gear. (head, chest, legs, boots, gloves, belt, bracers, MH, OH)

Can we get word on legacy wide credits please? Is it even being considered?

Edited by theSCARAYone

Why? It's the most mundane aspect of the game.

Only good thing is making money out of it, and that's already very easy in this game.

Mundane to you maybe but a lot of people love to craft. I know I craft for me and my boyfriend and even my guild and I like this idea as I have all the crafters and the mission skills. This will make it easier for me. I will move most of my mats to my legacy bank to free up space in my regular cargo hold.

Why would I load stronghold and reload fleet, to put them in a currently no-Different bank, every time I get mats off a mission?

No need. You can insta-travel to your stronghold in the middle of the mission, drop off your mats, and then return to where you were -- similar to when queuing into a FP or warzone. There is no other vault you can access so conveniently, because all other travel options that get you to a vault - QT, Fleet pass, personal starship access -- do not give you the option of going back to where you were before you traveled. Strongholds do.

No need. You can insta-travel to your stronghold in the middle of the mission, drop off your mats, and then return to where you were -- similar to when queuing into a FP or warzone. There is no other vault you can access so conveniently, because all other travel options that get you to a vault - QT, Fleet pass, personal starship access -- do not give you the option of going back to where you were before you traveled. Strongholds do.

That wasn't the point.

Loading screens when you have access to a Cargo Hold already is.

Sure the stronghold travel is great, it's another thing I'm looking forward to, but again, It's No different to a cargo hold.

Mundane to you maybe but a lot of people love to craft. I know I craft for me and my boyfriend and even my guild and I like this idea as I have all the crafters and the mission skills. This will make it easier for me. I will move most of my mats to my legacy bank to free up space in my regular cargo hold.

Yep, mundane to me. Useful, but mundane.

We're not saying it's useless, just that it's close to useless. A small portion of people who craft, a small portion crafters who have multiple toons who need accessthe same profession, and a small portion of those that somehow can't fit 10 items in a cargo hold will find it great.

Other than that, who needs it? I store legacy gear that I'm not using in the limitless free mailbox that everyone has, BoP gear can't go in it, BOE stuff is sold immediately or bound, some trashed, never stored for ages unless I think I'd want it.

And I know I'm not alone.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Stop ripping people apart because they dare to try and give constructive criticism to a game (Not sending that to anyone in particular)

Maybe you need to take your own advice as well. The ones that have answered what they would do are not ripping people apart. They are just stating as you only see one side of it they see another, yet you felt compelled to tell them not to rip into people when you are doing the same thing. There was no need in that comment but yet you felt you should be able to voice your opiniion but they can't disagree with you because you feel they are ripping into you when you are doing the same thing.

I wouldn't say the entire patch is totally useless, but the lack of Fleet chat in houses coupled with this news is making housing less useful than I'd like it to be.

So here are my main points on this problem ;

- I only craft Stims/Grenades for myself. Nothing else.

- I already use legacy gear to transfer mods. So the excuse of being able to bypass endgame on alts is pointless.

So it's pretty obvious that legacy storage is made for crafters/traders.

Well that Storage is completely useless....no BoP Items...cool just another cargo bay...its made for crafting ? what crafting ? crafting is broken, stims worthless grenades aswell, augs cheaper than mats, u can earn some money if u do raids and got some nice reciped...but well this is more hardcore raid crafting no real useful crafting.

stupid decision, stupid patch ireally looked forward to 2.9 gsh but it seems its like many other thing bw do: great potential, not used

Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

#1 - a bit disappointing but what other mmos do and what I expected

#2 - YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! TY TY TY

I think including money in the Legacy bank would be pretty easy.

Base it off the guild bank. Deposit credits into it, and allow withdrawals on the fly. I would much rather have it this way, than not have it at all.

As for the BOP issue, mainly I want specifically gear to send over to alts. It seems a waste to let it sit there, and the cost to rip out of legacy is horrendous. I easily spend 3-5 million gearing out a new toon. Here is my specific example: I have 1 sorcerer, and 1 sage. My sorcerer (black-black temple guardian set) is very well geared for dps, while my sage (white temple guardian set) is min-maxed for heals. If I want to switch it up, I'm looking at 3 million credits or so to send gear over, not to mention I can't swap earpiece, implants, or relics. The ONLY thing stopping me from doing this in legacy gear is the fact that I like my current gear sets. So due to the current rules and my refusal to use legacy gear, I am restrained to only healing or dps on that specific toon. THIS is what I want legacy bank for. I could care less about earpiece/relic/implant.

If you want to restrict bound things that is fine, but please let gear be transferred. Sell kits that allow you to bind to legacy, open up the legacy bank to only gear, etc. Don't really care how it happens.

Yep, mundane to me. Useful, but mundane.

We're not saying it's useless, just that it's close to useless. A small portion of people who craft, a small portion crafters who have multiple toons who need accessthe same profession, and a small portion of those that somehow can't fit 10 items in a cargo hold will find it great.

Other than that, who needs it? I store legacy gear that I'm not using in the limitless free mailbox that everyone has, BoP gear can't go in it, BOE stuff is sold immediately or bound, some trashed, never stored for ages unless I think I'd want it.

And I know I'm not alone.

Stop ripping people apart because they dare to try and give constructive criticism to a game (Not sending that to anyone in particular)

Pretty much this.

No one is saying that crafting is useless but only that a specific set of people use a large amounts of mats for their purposes. I'l use myself as an example in this case, I'm a PVP'er and have biochem on my 2 main characters for the unlimited use stims. This means that I level up biochem once and buy the stims that I need from the GTN. After that I never touch Bio-analysis, Diplomacy or Biochem.

However I do have another alt that has all the mats and crafting schematics for grenades. This alt is used to make grenades that are transferred over to my other characters. Therefor I only have to ever use these mats once every couple of weeks to refresh my stock of grenades that will then be mailed out.

So I what I'm trying to say here is that legacy storage in it's current form is useless to me since I only craft on one character.

Edited by micnevv

Well that Storage is completely useless....no BoP Items...cool just another cargo bay...its made for crafting ? what crafting ? crafting is broken, stims worthless grenades aswell, augs cheaper than mats, u can earn some money if u do raids and got some nice reciped...but well this is more hardcore raid crafting no real useful crafting.

stupid decision, stupid patch ireally looked forward to 2.9 gsh but it seems its like many other thing bw do: great potential, not used

BoL ≠ BoP

MANY, MANY PEOPLE POINTED OUT THIS earlier on. As stated already, it's not exactly their fault that some refuse to perceive the obvious.

Maybe you need to take your own advice as well. The ones that have answered what they would do are not ripping people apart. They are just stating as you only see one side of it they see another, yet you felt compelled to tell them not to rip into people when you are doing the same thing. There was no need in that comment but yet you felt you should be able to voice your opiniion but they can't disagree with you because you feel they are ripping into you when you are doing the same thing.

Believe it or not, I wasn't talking about myself.

"It is useful, it's useful for this. If you don't use this, then you're missing out and it's your fault. Stop expecting every patch to suit you"

Read through the previous 2 pages and You'll find that message scattered across two or three posts, what's the point in trying to convey that you're upset with part of a patch, and that one simple (though not from a design standpoint) change would make things a lot simpler?

This is just off the top of my head but, couldn't we just do away with MOST BOP items by just changing them to bind on legacy instead (not all item of course but, most). That way legacy storage becomes more useful and we wouldn't have to worry about mailing items anymore. IT would be a big change to the game but if it was done right I think it would work.

BoL ≠ BoP

MANY, MANY PEOPLE POINTED OUT THIS earlier on. As stated already, it's not exactly their fault that some refuse to perceive the obvious.

Maybe I am not getting the point, but what do you want to tell us ?

I can't store my bound clothing, 3 of 5 cargo holds on my main. Wich I would love to send to alts.

(Rakata, Columi, .. you get the idea)

I can't store implants, ears and/or relics, which to be honest was the most wished point in my case.

After being able to send around everything else, why not ?

For everything else I can already use the mail.

I am still missing a REASON to be inside a stronghold, hence some elses.

The main reason why I am n the fleet and not on my ship are the merchants an oh guess, they aren't in the strongholds either.

So what is the Point ?

Believe it or not, I wasn't talking about myself.

"It is useful, it's useful for this. If you don't use this, then you're missing out and it's your fault. Stop expecting every patch to suit you"

Read through the previous 2 pages and You'll find that message scattered across two or three posts, what's the point in trying to convey that you're upset with part of a patch, and that one simple (though not from a design standpoint) change would make things a lot simpler?

No one thing is going to please everyone. I could care less about what they add for PVP since I never pvp nor will I ever pvp but yet I can understand how some things are important to them. I have never used the comment you had to use just so I could get my point across. That comment was uncalled for and not needed.

People are going to have things they like that you will not like. In fact you say very few crafters and that might be based on your opinion but in my guild we have a lot of crafters and they do make considerable credits so in my case I know this is very important to them.

What you see is with the people you interact with which can be entirely a different group than someone else. Why you felt the need with "ripping people apart" I don't know but that I do not see the need for.

That wasn't the point.

Loading screens when you have access to a Cargo Hold already is.

So, a Field Legacy Storage Access Droid would solve the problem for you? I sure would like one, and since Stronghold travel gives you the same capability but just takes longer, it would not be a game-breaking feature, just a convenience one.

I'd gladly pay five millions of creds or 1200 CC to unlock that droid legacy-wide with a one-hour CD.

But I don't care enough to put a suggestion for it in the suggestion box, so if anyone else wants to ... :p

Edited by BuriDogshin

Maybe I am not getting the point, but what do you want to tell us ?

That which is obvious.

That "Bound on Pickup" implies that said object, whatever it may be, is bound to a SPECIFIC CHARACTER ONLY. IT CAN'T BE moved around outside the domain of that character, which is you can't send it by mail or keep it in your Legacy Storage.

It differs SUBSTANTIALLY from "Bound on Equip" and "Bound to Legacy", which should be ALSO self-explanatory.

In other words, people wanted Bioware to help them(!!!) circumventing the system they have in place for the game. Your request has been duly noted but ultimately denied, as it should be.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yes, Barely.

I have an armstech, Cybertech, and Artifice.

I don't see the point in putting them in the same hold at all, now I have to go to and out of my stronghold instead Of sitting on fleet.

some of us do more then just 3 crafting crew skills. I happen to have all of them except Synthweaving so I find having all my mats for every crew skills in one place an accessible by all my chars a god send.

Edited by Anaesha

That which is obvious.

That "Bound on Pickup" implies that said object, whatever it may be, is bound to a SPECIFIC CHARACTER ONLY. IT CAN'T BE moved around outside the domain of that character, which is you can't send it by mail or keep it in your Legacy Storage.

It differs SUBSTANTIALLY from "Bound on Equip" and "Bound to Legacy", which should be ALSO self-explanatory.

In other words, people wanted Bioware to help them(!!!) circumventing the system they have in place for the game. Your request has been duly noted but ultimately denied, as it should be.

Your statement makes no sense considering we have BOL gear that allows us to circumventing the system as you have said.

Edited by micnevv

some of us do more then just 3 crafting crew skills. I happen to have all of them except Synthweaving so I find having all my mats for every crew skills in one place an accessible by all my chars a god send.

Well, then this patch is great for you.

Now tell me, how many people do you think have maxed out every crafting skill?

Well, then this patch is great for you.

Now tell me, how many people do you think have maxed out every crafting skill?

You really want that answered? it isn't that hard to max out crew skills even before you hit 55.

Just so we're clear, being able to store BoP items in Legacy Storage doesn't mean that BoP items become BoL...there are [at least] three ways to implement storing BoP items in Legacy Storage:

1) Any member of the Legacy can deposit any item, but bound items can only be retrieved by the char to whom it is bound. This is the most restrictive, but still *very* useful -- some of us don't want to get rid of obsolete (stat-wise) items for which we like the look, since it may already be unobtainable in game anymore, or become unobtainable.

2) Any member of the Legacy can deposit any item, but bound CM items can only be retrieved by the char to whom it is bound. This would satisfy most people who want to transfer BoP gear (fp/op drops, etc.) that want the freedom to transfer items acquired from drops.

3) Any member of the Legacy can deposit and retrieve any item. This would be unlikely to be implemented, because as noted by many people, it would trivialize the Collection system.

Personally, I favor (1). I wouldn't mind people being able to trade empty shells, but it's already too easy to gear alts as it is. TBH, I think the devs made a mistake when they chose to let people pass item modifications through Legacy Gear. I think that BoL gear should have been transferable only when empty. I'd highly recommend that the devs reconsider this before raising the level cap, as this process greatly speeds up burning through new content.

Edited by eartharioch

Your statement makes no sense considering we have BOL gear that allows us to circumventing the system as you have said.

Same line of reasoning does not apply to implants, earpieces, relics, Elder-Game gear shells, pre-LV50 or 55 shells, weaponry, etc etc.

Also, the use of Legacy shells require a substantial credit sink to be used and as mentioned already, it only works with the mods themselves, not with the gear that comes attached to them.

With the all BoP being discarded as some people apparently wanted, EVERYTHING WOULD BECOME BOUND TO LEGACY.

Thus, you would be effectively circumventing the BoP system that Bioware has put in place since the game launched, bar some permitted exceptions, which - again(!) - require a substantial credit sink.

Edited by Darth_Wicked