Class Story Restart - PLEASE READ

Neonxkz

I'm sorry I should've spent more time on this thread, constantly bumping it, and updating the sign list, but after rediscovering my thread, I'm happy I was able to bring an idea so many people agree with. With 12x experience in Class stories coming on May the 4th, some of our hunger is sated with being able to do class stories and nothing else. However the opportunity cost of partaking in 12x experience by rolling a new alt, is the fact that we may have to delete an alt or start from scratch on a new server.

I want to bring this thread back to life and try to show Bioware that everyone would enjoy the addition of this simple feature... Thanks! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City of Heroes/Villains did something like this with their Ouroboros thing. You were able to go back and re-do all of the old quests and even do quests that you weren't able to do back at the appropriate level because you had chosen a different contact or had out leveled the contact before they could give you their missions. So you were able to go, you were scaled down to the appropriate level (and, if I recall correctly, got treasure based off your scaled down level-the point was to replay those missions, not grind for treasure) and you ran through those missions with the warning that nothing you do changes the present, you can just relive the past and see "what could have been." Then they even had challenges like "Run this mission five times in so many minutes with this many debuffs" etc. I'm pretty sure there was more to it because there were raid missions (for the life of me I can't remember what CoH/V called their raids/operations so I'm just using a universal, generic term) involving time fluctuations and such, but I just used it to re-do the old missions that I liked. Oh, and to use Ouroboros as a convenient way to teleport places, but that's beside the point.

Basically, it was a really neat thing to do and I would love to see something like this for SWTOR. Once you leave Ouroboros, the world goes back to normal.

Granted, I know that especially with 12x Story coming up I can redo all the stories I want, but after it ends...it'd still be awesome to go back and re-do the Imperial Agent's story. Again. For (May) the fourth (be with you) time :D

Edited by AngFour

i like it also to do the class story's again.

but is it not more fun if then the class story's becomes what harder to play the there get a upgrade with plenty off things that you need more you best to kill then again?

and that it not become easy to complete then again?

Said it before in earlier threads, and I'll say it now... some sort of class story reset, awesome idea.

The class stories are some of the game's best content. Why have it able to be done only once? The Heroic Missions are repeatable, flashpoints and ops are repeatable... I know those are to keep group content alive, but even so.

Call it 'Cinematic Mode' or something.

Said it before in earlier threads, and I'll say it now... some sort of class story reset, awesome idea.

The class stories are some of the game's best content. Why have it able to be done only once? The Heroic Missions are repeatable, flashpoints and ops are repeatable... I know those are to keep group content alive, but even so.

Call it 'Cinematic Mode' or something.

I like the idea of naming it Cinematic Mode. It is an indisputable fact that SWTOR's best content is the story. Having the story be repeatable will definitely increase replay value and player retainment in the game. I don't see why this would have any negative impact on the game.

As I already said in my thread:

YES YES YES!

This is really the only thing that seperates swtor from perfection to me currently. I NEED this!

Plus, it's not like BW has anything smarter to spend money on. The only big thing that I can think of is the crafting revamp, but that's highly...unlikely. Unlike this.

We fought for 12er. Trollz told us that we are losers and that we "should play the game the way it's meant to be played(their way)". We got what we came for(fk off mr.trundle-your bridge n pillar of filth are over there -> ). We will fight and get this as well. I have only hope about this because if we got them to go back on their word(12er), this'll be just a matter of persistence!

Fight on!

This would be cool, but I just don't understand why people are so against simply creating a new character instead. This really isn't a feature that any MMO has ever offered before. The only thing close to this that comes to mind is how some MMO's (like Final Fantasy ARR) provide a way to replay the cinematic cut-scenes.

This would be cool, but I just don't understand why people are so against simply creating a new character instead. This really isn't a feature that any MMO has ever offered before. The only thing close to this that comes to mind is how some MMO's (like Final Fantasy ARR) provide a way to replay the cinematic cut-scenes.

At this point it seems like we won't ever or aren't even near to getting to the point of creating a new class. I think it's in our best interest to start with little things such as this, before taking a big step and add a new class.

In Guild Wars 1, the class of quest called a mission (with a bunch of funky special properties, and corresponding roughly to the class story quests) is repeatable ad nauseum, and at will, not daily like SWTOR heroics.

At this point it seems like we won't ever or aren't even near to getting to the point of creating a new class. I think it's in our best interest to start with little things such as this, before taking a big step and add a new class.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean create a new class. I meant create a new character. For example, if I wanted to replay the Sith Warrior story, I would create a new Sith Warrior.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean create a new class. I meant create a new character. For example, if I wanted to replay the Sith Warrior story, I would create a new Sith Warrior.

Creating a new character comes with all of the problems and implications of... creating a new character...

This means that if we have no more character slots open in the server we wish to play in, we'd have to delete one. There's also the fact that most people want to play the story without having to do planet missions they've already played several times before.

Creating a new character comes with all of the problems and implications of... creating a new character...

This means that if we have no more character slots open in the server we wish to play in, we'd have to delete one. There's also the fact that most people want to play the story without having to do planet missions they've already played several times before.

Replaying the class story from the beginning isn't free from potentially equally frustrating problems.

Many of the choices you make as you progress through the story make a difference in the game's content throughout the story, such as whether a Sith Inquisitor has a different name and Jaesa can be made dark side or light side. Dialog options can change based upon previous choices.

If all of this is reset, it could have many unintended side-effects. Such as preventing access to content that is dependent upon one of those choices so the game knows how to present the content to you.

A lot of the content beyond level 50 needs to know what your responses to these choices were for mission dialog. There is a very good chance that resetting these values could cause that content to throw errors that would crash the game client. While I'm certain it's not impossible to over-come these issues somehow, the easiest solution I see is to just tell customers to start a new character.

Replaying the class story from the beginning isn't free from potentially equally frustrating problems.

Many of the choices you make as you progress through the story make a difference in the game's content throughout the story, such as whether a Sith Inquisitor has a different name and Jaesa can be made dark side or light side. Dialog options can change based upon previous choices.

If all of this is reset, it could have many unintended side-effects. Such as preventing access to content that is dependent upon one of those choices so the game knows how to present the content to you.

A lot of the content beyond level 50 needs to know what your responses to these choices were for mission dialog. There is a very good chance that resetting these values could cause that content to throw errors that would crash the game client. While I'm certain it's not impossible to over-come these issues somehow, the easiest solution I see is to just tell customers to start a new character.

From what I understand, A lot of the main story content only includes companion conversation etc. When initiating a Class story restart, it could be best to just lock all of the companions that aren't introduced into the story yet, and make it possible to have jaesa go from dark side to light side if one chooses to do so and chose the counterpart to begin with. Other than the main story being tied with the companion conversations as well, I don't see what else the the story is tied to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...