Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes

Iwipe

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you asked for nice examples, such things need the right tools ;)

Bout the items don't worry, I would be more concerned to know for how much they'll come in the CM now.

That being said a few hints to show where to find some nice stuff in a now extinct galaxy

So nice that the game is still around, right?

Again, I'm quite content with what I've seen. Not a substitute for the stuff I truly want but it looks to be better than what I had anticipated. Also...

Bout the items don't worry, I would be more concerned to know for how much they'll come in the CM now.

Assuming you have no interest in Strongholds, why are you concerned about the pricing for the decorations on the CM?

Seriously those have to be the WORST graphics I've EVER seen!! :eek:

Wasn't just me then.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Seriously those have to be the WORST graphics I've EVER seen!! :eek:

Ah, Youngling, your age given away, you have.

To be fair, SWG had pretty decent graphics for its era, it's just REALLY old now. They did a good job creating a fairly immersive world with the engine they had, and it was more than enough to engage your imagination.

Wasn't just me then.

No it wasn't just you. I'd have to say if THAT was the level of graphic detail they put into SWG it wasn't the CU or NGE additions that killed the game it was piss poor graphics to even compare SW:TOR to that piece of crap and claim SWG is a better game is blasphemy in my book!!! :mad:

Ah, Youngling, your age given away, you have.

To be fair, SWG had pretty decent graphics for its era, it's just REALLY old now. They did a good job creating a fairly immersive world with the engine they had, and it was more than enough to engage your imagination.

I'm 33 years old that game graphics wise looks like something I'd have been playing back when I was 16. :eek:

Meh, the tunnel shooter went practically unsupported. If they continued to release additional levels and new mechanics, it would have been just fine.

That video was ...special. Nice use of the SWG emotes and pretty good VA, but I really can't stand the music. Well, it's sort of music... I don't really see how it was relevant though.

Relevant part highlighted and well wanted you guys to have fun ;)

So nice that the game is still around, right?

You might not realize it, but that was a low blow.

Again, I'm quite content with what I've seen. Not a substitute for the stuff I truly want but it looks to be better than what I had anticipated. Also...

Assuming you have no interest in Strongholds, why are you concerned about the pricing for the decorations on the CM?

No interest in a poor and cumbersome system and well I tend to think to others best interest too.

Wasn't just me then.

Actually to some of us bad graphics is more along Pong times....

Edited by Deewe

No it wasn't just you. I'd have to say if THAT was the level of graphic detail they put into SWG it wasn't the CU or NGE additions that killed the game it was piss poor graphics to even compare SW:TOR to that piece of crap and claim SWG is a better game is blasphemy in my book!!! :mad:

Graphics killed SWG, seriously?

Thought I hear everything about SWG but that one: LOL!

You might not realize it, but that was a low blow.

It wasn't a low blow.

I just don't understand why people insist on the notion that this game should be akin to SWG, a game that ultimately failed and went through numerous(?) iterations before its downfall. Just accept that TOR... Is TOR.

In other words, you don't like hooks? Maybe SWG was "better" in that regard?

Ok. I can accept that... You have two choices now: Either disregard Strongholds entirely, since it will NEVER live up to your expectations or try to do the best you can with a system that looks both intuitive and accessible.

Just my two cents.

It wasn't a low blow.

I just don't understand why people insist on the notion that this game should be akin to SWG, a game that ultimately failed and went through numerous(?) iterations before its downfall. Just accept that TOR... Is TOR.

In other words, you don't like hooks? Maybe SWG was "better" in that regard?

Ok. I can accept that... You have two choices now: Either disregard Strongholds entirely, since it will NEVER live up to your expectations or try to do the best you can with a system that looks both intuitive and accessible.

Just my two cents.

Fair enough and totally agree with SWG being far from perfect.

Some of us just wish the producers would stop shooting themselves in the foot and actually deliver content up to the competitors or at least as good as what was done over 10 years ago in others games.

Fair enough and totally agree with SWG being far from perfect.

Some of us just wish the producers would stop shooting themselves in the foot and actually deliver content up to the competitors or at least as good as what was done over 10 years ago in others games.

Such as?

Graphics killed SWG, seriously?

Thought I hear everything about SWG but that one: LOL!

It's funny, when I was playing SWG shortly before the release of TOR, it never occurred to me that there was any deficiency in the graphics. I guess I'm truly an old-gen gamer in some ways, because when I think of bad graphics I have to go back to the original PlayStation or earlier to find something that qualifies as "bad."

Apparently a lot of the world agrees with us, based on what games are selling in the casual and mobile markets.

Sorry to be blunt but Jack isn't that much better than you, at least from what we saw in the vids.

Or is it because the hook system is too limited?

Are you still crying about the hooks? Lol! I hope you follow your own advice since you seem to be miserable.

I have, multiple times.

And filed a ticket.

Support says its a known issue, and a fix will come "eventually", which I'm thinking means never.

Dude this isn't about you, its about strongholds you should take your problem up with cs.

Sounds like crafting ends up like a Vendor Exchange thing only. A shame, it had the potential to make crafting more desired. And crafting for it was the only thing I was curious about.

Hope they won't just end up flooding the cartel market with stuff for this, yeah they will. If not I might get interested, but it'll end up being looking at it and probably dropping it like a brick. We'll see, this update just didn't sound too promising.

What I want to know is if you own multiple strongholds, do they share decorations? If you place all of your decorations in one stronghold, does that mean you can't place anything in another? Or can you place everything in one, then place all the same stuff in another?

[*]Mannequins to decorate your armor? – You can display companions wearing them.

Is there going to be another panel to dress a 'decorative companion' or they are only going to have the armor which they're equipped with in the character panel?

If so, then how can I dress e.g. Quinn with my heavy armor? It appears that they didn't think about mannequins and when they saw the question about them they said the first thing that came into their mind. :confused:

For me this becomes more and more underwhelming the more I see. I expect, and certainly hope, that I am in a tiny minority and wish Bioware all the success in the world.

However, I have to be fair and say, personally, that I find the variety of key types very innovative. If you are going to do keys for access, this is the way to do them IMO. Good job on that one point.

Also, a good job on terminal availability...and a rather impressive job on some of the decorations I have seen....talent shines here.

If you are going to do hooks, doing them the way they are done here should stand as an example to the entire industry IMO. Good job on designing as much flexibility as I expect is possible with hooks, short of allowing a few movable hooks.

A poor job on most of the rest of the features, only based on visual observations, which really isn't a fair conclusion at this juncture IMO. I have to actually get a hands on to make my final judgement.

Naturally my opinion means next to nothing, like it should be.

Edited by LordArtemis

Thanks Dulfy, your service to players of SWTOR is outstanding and very much appreciated.

Public Listings

• Players cannot visit your stronghold listed on public listing unless you are online. You will need to give keys to people if they want to visit offline.

This one is an even dumber decision than going with a hook system. What is the point of a public listing if people can't visit your stronghold at their convenience rather than yours?