Reskinned GSF = Swoop racing?

Right?

You seem to have forgotten what swoop racing is:

* Only one swoop bike on the track at a time

* Straight track: No turns, no ramps.

* No braking, just acceleration. Only very rarely is it worth not accelerating at every moment.

* Steering is done only to avoid obstacles, or hit boosts

Check out

as a reminder.

The GSF system is drastic overkill for that minigame. I would guess that it would be easier to implement using standard ground speeders than to adapt GSF. Now... if we were talking about pod racing, then GSF might be a good way of making that happen. While swoop racing might fit the lore better, I think it was more a product of the technology at the time than a truly great minigame. Pod racing is better (multiplayer, more freedom of movement, more variation possible...) as far as racing minigames go, but its probably also more expensive to make.

Though... perhaps Bioware would simply choose to evolve swoop racing into something more complex than they made for KoTOR. Make it a blend of swoop and pod styles, so there could be multiplayer or time-trial modes...

Meh... maybe in 4.0.

* No braking, just acceleration. Only very rarely is it worth not accelerating at every moment.

Check out

as a reminder.

The GSF system is drastic overkill for that minigame. I would guess that it would be easier to implement using standard ground speeders than to adapt GSF. Now... if we were talking about pod racing, then GSF might be a good way of making that happen. While swoop racing might fit the lore better, I think it was more a product of the technology at the time than a truly great minigame. Pod racing is better (multiplayer, more freedom of movement, more variation possible...) as far as racing minigames go, but its probably also more expensive to make.

Though... perhaps Bioware would simply choose to evolve swoop racing into something more complex than they made for KoTOR. Make it a blend of swoop and pod styles, so there could be multiplayer or time-trial modes...

Meh... maybe in 4.0.

Overkill for sure, but overkill that already exists. No need for them to invent a new system, just disable vertical movement and make some tracks.

Check out

as a reminder.

Meh... maybe in 4.0.

Gawd, I hated that crap in KotOR :mad:

If I never see another half-arsed swoop racing thing like that in my life, I'll be a happy man.

Swoop racing isn't in the game because it's too hard to make.....it's not in the game because they have deemed it not to be anywhere near the top of the list of priorities. If you want to swoop race, play KOTOR.....problem solved.

Swoop racing, in the form we saw in KOTOR, would be much closer to how the existing Space PvE missions work (and about which people seem to forget when they demand PvE GSF). Scripted track with minimal options to deviate from, obstacles in way, active abilities... yep, everything seems to be there.

Check out

as a reminder.

Meh... maybe in 4.0.

Geezus...I'm glad you posted that video. It kinda eliminates any thought that Swoop Racing is too difficult to do, because there are better apps on phones.

Swoop racing isn't in the game because it's too hard to make.....it's not in the game because they have deemed it not to be anywhere near the top of the list of priorities. If you want to swoop race, play KOTOR.....problem solved.

Naah, swoop racing isn't in the game because swoop racing sucks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.