| OFFICIAL | No world PVP..

TheMove

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe but ... can the servers handle it when they cant handle 200? how will they handle 300 or 500 ?

Erm, they'll handle them well?

Their main concern is congested questing areas making it difficult for people to level, and constant PvP ganking.

I'm certain that they'll unify servers when either they're comfortable, or the community demands it hard enough.

Either way, we'll eventually get what we want, man.

2.5k players max on a server makes me lauph. Same BS Rift tried to pull. When you play on the most populated sever and it feels dead something is seriously wrong.

If you think 2.5k is the max to a server (and you are not a troll...), I challenge you to actually take a closer look when the server says full. If you do /who for each level from 1 to 50 on your faction and add those numbers, you will see that your faction alone will have more than 2.5k players. Don't take my word for it, do it yourself.

If /who caps on certain levels and skews the results (which it probably will), try this method instead. Travel to the planets and see how many instances are up on each planet (on your map screen) and how many people are in the instances. I've noticed a new instance seems to be formed somewhere between 175 to 200 people. There are exceptions to this, so just be aware that you need to look pretty close. You can then get the approx. numbers from the planets from there.

I did some checking on the first 2 planets on republic side on my server, and the first 3 planets on empire side on my server, and there was ~3450 people across those 5 planets that cover roughly levels 1 to 20ish at the time I was checking each instance. That doesn't count the players on the fleet or past level 20.

Don't take my word for any of this, check yourself. Speaking to anyone that doubts me... why trust me, some random internet guy, when you have all the information you need available in game via several means. If you actually care about this particular topic, just do the work yourself.

I know this post was totally off topic for this thread... but this thread got derailed big time.

Edited by Fellthar

bioware did take over warhammer from mythic last year.... they then completely ruined the game in testing formats for pvp in SWTOR.... yet the pvp here is ... well.... as we all know... baaad and pointless

I think you are misinformed, badly.

BioWare never took over War from Mythic/EA. it was always Mythic/EA that had Warhammer and even now it still is.

They took people off of Warhammer from Mythic to work on SW. in fact Warhammer has maybe.. 2-3 people total working on it any more. So yeah... Bioware has nothing to do with Warhammer.

I personally hate pvp and rolled on a pve server, but i can understand why the sharding and whatnot as long as it is temporary.

I have a hard enough time grabbing certain objectives as it is with sharding, I'd hate to see it with everyone at once.

BioWare never took over War from Mythic/EA. it was always Mythic/EA that had Warhammer and even now it still is.

They took people off of Warhammer from Mythic to work on SW. in fact Warhammer has maybe.. 2-3 people total working on it any more. So yeah... Bioware has nothing to do with Warhammer.

You sir are misinformed.

Pvp is a joke here, I enjoy the game very much, but there no pvp.... wz are luggy, boring and you have lvl 40+ empire against 20+ republic

what server are you on because ive only had one pvp match on a pve about 5 levels ago (was 23 at the time) and the highest level i saw on the empire's side was 27 and the highest on my side was 28 :I

um do a check... bioware took over warhammer several months ago...

google it if you stil dont know...

For the EA Mythic thing, definitely not BioWare's territory.

Their studio is in Fairfax, VA, 15 minutes from where I live. I got my CE signed by most of the dev and design team, it was pretty neat.

That being said, I took an enormous investment in that game time wise, and I only got disappointed in the end.

:Sadface:

He is actually correct here, I hate to say it. It happened a long time ago. He maybe even underestimating how long ago I do believe.

Oh, oh dear, he's sort of right. Wow, you've actually contributed something to this thread! Congrats, man!

That being said, I'm going to go back down there and say "hi" to whoever's there and poke around!

It's so neat having a BioWare studio near my home, even if it is only dedicated to WAR.

Also, that's a neat thing I should point out. BioWare Mythic is located in Fairfax, Virginia (All my NoVA homies represent!), and they're the ones behind WAR.

BioWare Austin is behind ToR.

Two different studios, not really related other than their parent company.

Hope this clarifies things.

Edited by Jhonen

I live about 3 hours away from Bioware Austin. Should i go drive there and peronally deliver your complaints on a silver platter?

If their studio is anywhere near as friendly as the one near where I live is, they'd probably let you in and let you talk to some people.

It's a fantastic experience, and it really gets you hooked into the game with a personal touch :)

I live about 3 hours away from Bioware Austin. Should i go drive there and peronally deliver your complaints on a silver platter?

yea i have a ranch an hour from them in lampasas but my home is closer to ft worth.... its actually funny since many of the bioware team drinks at the bar i goto in austin... bb rovers. If your ever down there you will see them there around 7pm everyday...and the best thing is the 300 bottled beer choices.

Enjoy filing for bankruptcy Bioware/EA in a year.

Ha Ha. How they gonna file for bankruptcy when the game probably already paid for itself. Even if half the people quit, they would have to spend less money on forum moderators, game managers, and server infrastructure, and would probably make a profit. I'm willing to be there is a breakeven point at which too many subscribers actually costs a company money. Anyone who has kept up with industry knows that MMOs are tricky, and the real cost is in customer support. So feel free to leave and think SWTOR isn't making money just because you aren’t playing it.

Hi there!

After removing a great deal of inappropriate content, we have re-opened this thread.

If you wish to continue participating in this thread, please keep the following things in mind.

1. It is a violation of the forum Rules of Conduct to make rude, insulting, or uninviting remarks to or about other community members.

2. It is a violation of the forum Rules of Conduct to spam threads with replies that do not contribute to the discussion.

Please keep any further responses to this thread respectful, constructive, and on-topic.

Edited by Aurrelio