Conclusions of x2 PvP Week

t-darko

For 1 the true discrepancy in ability, know how and will to learn the trade has been really exposed! And it's devastating, never for a full week has PvP reached higher levels of frustration. Which leads me to this;

A new tier of gear in this moment of the game could be a severe blow to the PvP community, as it would make those who still play regularly at a high level, invincible! Hence put off any new entering players in level 55 PvP, hence kill of any increase in population in top tier PvP.

The learning curve for a WZ has never been so slow as of now, a level 55 entry does not even guarantee 2/8 of a team in terms of skill and objective awareness. But, I have to agree that it was nice with a bit more frequent pops in Q even tho I 'poped' a vain while doing them as well.

And as a personal note I miss my old bickering brothers, in all there were never a lack of knowledge there, the post I read these days, well, they lack that one finesse of making a point.

As for the PvP - just waiting for the first 'Tactical' PvP WZ or Arena come about - 'cos there's where we're heading!

Edited by t-darko

I'm not sure what you are saying? Having new gear with bolster actually makes easier entry points if you ask me. Its actually more annoying for the people who are already established.

And when you are talking "x2" PvP week; are you talking leveling and doing lowbies? If so, I found lowbies very frustrating but at the same time, if I kept that vain from popping and gave some directions, usually it was enough to do better than the other team if they also had beginners. I just kept in mind that lowbies is where these people should be learning and I was more vocal with instructions than I usually am in warzones.

I would definitely unsub if they added new gear again this soon.

I just barely finished min/maxing one ranked set, and I wanted to punch EA in the mouth every time I had to buy a ranked enhancement for 2000 comms and 800 reg.

If they cut the cost of ranked gear (500 ranked comms, and 250 reg for any mod or enhancement), and got rid of all the *********** alacrity in the vanguard sets, then I wouldn't care nearly as much.

I would definitely unsub if they added new gear again this soon.

I just barely finished min/maxing one ranked set, and I wanted to punch EA in the mouth every time I had to buy a ranked enhancement for 2000 comms and 800 reg.

If they cut the cost of ranked gear (500 ranked comms, and 250 reg for any mod or enhancement), and got rid of all the *********** alacrity in the vanguard sets, then I wouldn't care nearly as much.

Pretty much this. And the real problem is not the innability to be competitive as a fresh 55. It's that many who currently play warzones do not care to obtain compeititve gear prior to starting warzones. I have a fresh 55 vanguard who is now going back to get some datacrons he missed and is grinding daily quests to get a full augment set before I will consider starting to PvP on him. Many players are not so considerate.

3 weeks for pvp double rewards iirc?

July 1st – July 22nd: Fight opponents in any Warzone for double Warzone Commendations and credit rewards. Plus, trade in your commendations for tokens to spend in the Nar Shaddaa slot machines!

NOTE: Increased rewards only apply to the rewards on the scorecard at the end of matches, not the rewards you get from daily/weekly missions.

As if i'd spend those comms on the slot machines :rolleyes:

Edited by Transcendent

SWTOR has so little content and so little pvp support that even though I'm subbed, I did not participate in even 1 day of this double xp and double comms week.

Wildstar people. Won't make a full return to SWTOR until the devs release some pvp content. And at this rate, I will be away from SWTOR for a looooong time haha.

Double comms and cash is the best thing ever for PvP. I came back from Wildstar and transferred more toons to Harbinger just because of this event.

It feels like this is how it should always be, I fear when it goes down to crap rewards, I'll lose my will to grind again... I just get so bored only playing one toon because of the endless grind, and not being able to play and gear any of my other alts. This event makes it possible for me to enjoy this game. :)

Double comms and cash is the best thing ever for PvP. I came back from Wildstar and transferred more toons to Harbinger just because of this event.

It feels like this is how it should always be, I fear when it goes down to crap rewards, I'll lose my will to grind again... I just get so bored only playing one toon because of the endless grind, and not being able to play and gear any of my other alts. This event makes it possible for me to enjoy this game. :)

I'll second this, it's actually made me bother to gear up other characters. Having fun doing it, certainly not feeling like a grind as it's at a decent pace of progression.

Take notes Tait (no confetti :p)

Pretty much this. And the real problem is not the innability to be competitive as a fresh 55. It's that many who currently play warzones do not care to obtain compeititve gear prior to starting warzones. I have a fresh 55 vanguard who is now going back to get some datacrons he missed and is grinding daily quests to get a full augment set before I will consider starting to PvP on him. Many players are not so considerate.

Competitive gear? I once played an entire day on a smash mara using all level 1 greens with no augments just to see what would happen. It was more difficult, but I still facerolled the majority of regs games. Bolster pretty much made it impossible to have noncompetitive gear unless you do something that specifically screws with your bolster. And as long as you have augments in all your slots you're otherwise geared just as well as anyone else in regs usually.

The footage from those wz's may still exist somewhere in my stream if you can be bothered to sort through weeks of gameplay in some of the 10 months old videos I have. It was quite entertaining. You could probably do the same thing today on a veng jugg, just might not top the dps chart every game as poorly geared veng.

Now before anyone comments about rateds, this isn't about rateds, it's about "competitive gear prior to starting warzones".

And yes, level 1 greens do exist. I've been asked this before. Although, you can't fill EVERY SLOT with level 1 greens, some slots you have to go a little higher to get something.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I have 13x 55s. 12 are all in min/maxed legacy gear. Some in Brutralizer legacy gear. And some of those legacy sets I can use for companions. (Not that there is anything to do in this game with the companions).

You shouldn't need a double comm/double xp to just be able to play more than one toon. SWTOR has made it extremely easy to grind gear in this game now (and as it should be).

I have 13x 55s. 12 are all in min/maxed legacy gear. Some in Brutralizer legacy gear. And some of those legacy sets I can use for companions. (Not that there is anything to do in this game with the companions).

You shouldn't need a double comm/double xp to just be able to play more than one toon. SWTOR has made it extremely easy to grind gear in this game now (and as it should be).

It's ok bro, I know there's not many left that remember the days of centurion, champion and battlemaster... They don't know any better...

It's ok bro, I know there's not many left that remember the days of centurion, champion and battlemaster... They don't know any better...

Still have my centurion double sabre in my shadow's vault somewhere, was my 1st ever proper piece of pvp gear that I cannot bring myself to dump.

I would actually find it very amusing if they went back to box drops for pvp gear rather than just grinding comms.

As for this week, finished min/maxing sage and jug but mainly played my only remaining baby toons, slinger, merc, sentinel and vanguard to around 20, already have 10 pvp weapons on each.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I'm not sure what you are saying? Having new gear with bolster actually makes easier entry points if you ask me. Its actually more annoying for the people who are already established.

And when you are talking "x2" PvP week; are you talking leveling and doing lowbies? If so, I found lowbies very frustrating but at the same time, if I kept that vain from popping and gave some directions, usually it was enough to do better than the other team if they also had beginners. I just kept in mind that lowbies is where these people should be learning and I was more vocal with instructions than I usually am in warzones.

I continuously PvP in all brackets, in a never ending search for talent and like minded. Normally you get thru to 2 -4 people in a lowbie WZ, that number has been down to 0 - 1.

To benefit from the x2 you actually need to learn what to do with your xtra comm. the fast leveling means that you need to learn the WZ faster.

Or else you wind up in lvl 55 wondering why you're left alone at centerbunker on Denova when the rest of us rotate. U pop your breaker at your first CC, wonder why u get yelled at for leaving the pylon you just capped unguarded. Using your stealth as a cool feature rather the capping or plant a bomb in the voidstar or guarding for that matter. The thing is U can still win, not knowingly, a bit, until; u face max geared, skill and know how(that's when u die in 3 sec flat, then come here write a post on all the things you need to see nerfed). Add a new tier of gear to that scenario ...

Edited by t-darko

I continuously PvP in all brackets, in a never ending search for talent and like minded. Normally you get thru to 2 -4 people in a lowbie WZ, that number has been down to 0 - 1.

To benefit from the x2 you actually need to learn what to do with your xtra comm. the fast leveling means that you need to learn the WZ faster.

Or else you wind up in lvl 55 wondering why you're left alone at centerbunker on Denova when the rest of us rotate. U pop your breaker at your first CC, wonder why u get yelled at for leaving the pylon you just capped unguarded. Using your stealth as a cool feature rather the capping or plant a bomb in the voidstar or guarding for that matter. The thing is U can still win, not knowingly, a bit, until; u face max geared, skill and know how(that's when u die in 3 sec flat, then come here write a post on all the things you need to see nerfed). Add a new tier of gear to that scenario ...

I'm still not getting the connection here on what your saying about 2x. You mean because they level faster, they are not learning enough?

I thought you were one of the people who wanted to teach people more rather than just complain about them not knowing. I know I gave lots of instruction. The sage standing right on the capped pylon in AH I told to stand at least 30 m out so they don't get sapped, or the healer that went to the pylon for the cap when I was already there and told them they were more needed at mid since I was stealth, and that went on and on every time I Queued.

Most took advice well. I did have one in NC where I saw the guard standing in front of west watching the enemies that were near south sort of head his way then turn back where he had typed incoming, and then nevermind without realizing there was someone behind him starting to cap. Told him he has to watch that node and make sure no one is capping it at all times and he said "But I don't know how to watch it when I was busing typing incoming for the other guys." Frankly; I didn't know how to respond to that.

The reality is, even if these guys make it to 55 just as clueless, those of us that know need to do a better job at helping them rather than berating. If they come to the forums whining about something they don't understand, that is another matter and they may not handle that their preconceived notion is from a lack of experience. I'm as guilty as the next guy of being frustrated by the same stuff but the PvP community in this game is in a dire place. We have shrunk greatly. The mindset of a PvPers has always been that you need to be on top of your game so "**** until you learn to play" but if you want SWTOR PvP to continue much longer, we all need to try to be more welcoming.

(NOTE: It wasn't just PvP that I saw unwelcoming. Saw a lot of lowbies asking for help in early planets and fleet getting told just L2P and that doesn't help the game in general.)

Edited by Technohic

First thing; good to see you not resorting to irony and sarcasm when addressing the issue of our shrinking pvp community as you done in the past.;

The reality is, even if these guys make it to 55 just as clueless, those of us that know need to do a better job at helping them rather than berating. If they come to the forums whining about something they don't understand, that is another matter and they may not handle that their preconceived notion is from a lack of experience. I'm as guilty as the next guy of being frustrated by the same stuff but the PvP community in this game is in a dire place. We have shrunk greatly. The mindset of a PvPers has always been that you need to be on top of your game so "**** until you learn to play" but if you want SWTOR PvP to continue much longer, we all need to try to be more welcoming.

What x2 pvp week in many cases disclosed was the big discrepancy between the yet to be pvper and the actual established pvper, and who's who is shown xtremly fast in a WZ no matter what bracket you're playing!!!

To bring about a new tier of gear into the pvp community in the state it is in now would kill off any kind of encouragement you throw on the yet to be pvper when facing established pvpers, and will ultimately lead to certain shrinking of the pvp community.

What once was a funny, ironic and sarcastic comment on your part actually has become reality and is the most accurate description on the place and situation of swtor pvp:

Now I've seen everything. It's not just premades anymore. You gotta watch out for them fully geared pugs as well. How dare PUGs go out there PUG stomping.

Fact is, these days it just takes 4 well geared experienced randoms in a team of 4 or 8, and these new 55ers think they're facing a VOIP coordinated premade . . .

My point? New tier of gear in this moment of time in swtor pvp=BAD idea, IF you want the pvp community to grow

Heh. I find myself even more hilarious after I had forgotten about what I had said. :D

The thing is, it still is ironic because no matter what you do, new gear, no new gear, no gear period; you are going to have a gap when playing PvP between the seasoned vet and the brand new player. The only way you're going to avoid that entirely is for there to be a completely new game that no one has done before.

Best thing you can do to minimize that fact is to have different tiers of PvP either by hard setting it like the low, mid, and max level tiers we have now; or by some sort of behind the scenes ELO rating with matchmaking which we don't have and due to populations and lack of cross server; this game just never will have it.

It is what it is and the only power we as players have is to try to understand that and maybe keep our tempers under control (remember, its just as frustrating for the players that do know what they are doing to face others who do and be alone with the new players as their team) and try to help as many people who will listen. I think much of the PvP community has started to realize that.

EDIT: Actually, from that same thread I had posted that in

Instead of ************ at the players you might want to direct your energy towards asking for cross server queues and a matchmaking system. Would solve all of your problems at once - with a large pool and matchmaking you'd only fight people of equal ability.

Of course I doubt you'll get anywhere, but it is marginally more productive than complaining that players are doing it wrong.

Jherad was right and truth be told, the situation has probably gotten a lot worse as there are less and less people in the same Q

Edited by Technohic

Every once in a while I break out those shells just because. Got an aug'd banana sage set in cargo too.

I agree more with what Monterone was saying though. More alt friendly with a better payout. Good for me anyway, I get bored focusing on one toon and rotate fairly often or play multiple.

Edited by Joesixxpack

*smiles*

Let me re-phrase;

New tier of gear in pvp=BAD idea, IF you don't wan't the pvp community to die faster.

This is a stroke genius though;

Best thing you can do to minimize that fact is to have different tiers of PvP either by hard setting it like the low, mid, and max level tiers we have now; or by some sort of behind the scenes ELO rating with matchmaking which we don't have and due to populations and lack of cross server; this game just never will have it.

Fact is that the Devs has adjusted the pvp after every whim ever posted on these forums, EXCEPT cross server Q's

And as you pointed out earlier, ops chat behavior has put a natural selection of pvpers in effect. The sum of all that has led us to the current situation.

and again; New tier of gear in pvp=BAD idea, IF you don't wan't the pvp community to die faster.

They should make valor points worth something in PVP. Seriously, all they're good for is for putting on War Hero gear. Valor is meaningless right now. And they should make seasonal PVP event revolving around the RP experience. Like the quest to capture Voss or something like that. At the end of the season Imps or Pubs win. Valor points are tallied for each player and rewards are handed out or exchanged at the war hero vendor. Edited by chosonman