61 People In Instance 1

Thamelas

Seriously....

I just passed 1 person in Mos Ila on Kaas City server... Yeah 1 person.

Tatooine Instance 1 - 61 Players

Tatooine Instance 2 - 48 Players

Explain that...

Yeah that instance system is working out really well isn't it? As I recall you told us in beta that instancing would only be used on beginning worlds. Right... This instancing stuff is ruining the game for a lot of people.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya it does seem strange that for such a massive planet that they would have to split up 100 people...

I hate to use WoW as an example, but it is always great for comparisons. Stormwind often had over 100 people during peak times (at least on my server) and they were all condensed into a much smaller region... I really hope they get rid of the instances. :(

Seriously....

I just passed 1 person in Mos Ila on Kaas City server... Yeah 1 person.

Tatooine Instance 1 - 61 Players

Tatooine Instance 2 - 48 Players

Explain that...

Yeah that instance system is working out really well isn't it? As I recall you told us in beta that instancing would only be used on beginning worlds. Right... This instancing stuff is ruining the game for a lot of people.

go to a pvp server then repeat what you just said.

there is not enough real-estate when you count the fact that 90% of the ppl on the planet are NOT int he starter city but out questing/grouping. pvp is endless on tattooine, instancing helps ppl finish quests.

there is not enough real-estate when you count the fact that 90% of the ppl on the planet are NOT int he starter city but out questing/grouping. pvp is endless on tattooine, instancing helps ppl finish quests.

Wait from what you just said it sounds like you're saying that PVP servers have people, but that is not that case. They are just as empty. Several thread have already been made previously about this.

It has nothing to do with splitting up 100 people because that isn't what happens. The problem is that they need to do some sort of consolidation of shards when the numbers start dropping like that. If you have two full shards but people keep playing for a long time, they will stay in their shards. That's how you get 61 and 48 people in those shards. If the people in the second shard re-logged, then they'd end up in the first shard. But since they keep playing for hours, they stay in their shard. This is why some sort of auto-consolidation or at least an option for switching to the 1st shard sort of like when you get the prompt to switch to the party leader's shard.

I think what this all proves is that its an idiotic game design... Its a good theory for handling populations, but its practical application and implementation leaves a huge amount to be desired. This is beside the fact that Bioware stated in the Beta Forum that later planets would not have instancing...

The servers cannot handle more people in an instance or phase. I ported back to the Fleet last night, the Empire main hub with the Cantina in the center and was lagging like CRAZY.

It was obviously server-side because I could go anywhere else in the world and the game ran like a charm.

Their server architecture was built to run a game with just a few people in each instance. In fact, most of the game is just instance after instance.

Everyone is in their ship, in a little green instance, in a dungeon instance or in a PvP instance. Is it any wonder you don't see many people?

And as I said, if you DO see people you start lagging like crazy.

(still love the game, it's just not a traditional MMORPG)

Shrug! I am retired and able to play when I want and as long as I want. I started on the Jedi Covenant server and usually see the word 'heavy' when checking on server status. I had to wait in ques twice in beta but have had no ques at all in early access or after. Game plays smooth on my ordinary computer, any lag is minor and occasional. The population number has never been below 70 and averages 90+ and that is at the various times I have have played - from 3AM in the morning or noon during the day or 7PM at night.

I fully realize that such things vary. I am on an east coast server (USA). My local provided is Roadrunner and so far I simply cannot complain. I was surprised to see some posts that said they saw only 1 or a few people while playing. I spend most of my time away from the hubs nor have I reached above level 14 in game. I play only when I feel like it and take my time so I know there are different attitudes and playstyles.

For example more than half the quests I have played there have been other players on the same quest. Have had to wait for end point access (reset) numerous times and have had a few others waiting for me so it could reset and let them finish. No 'gimme that' folks so far, usually help each other out without any group. Nice bunch so far but plenty of other players around.

I have encountered a few bug like problems such as one of my Commendations (Coruscant) has shown up in my main inventory window instaed of the currency tab. When I run into such things I simply report them and move on. All in all I want to add a post that says Bioware has an extremely satisfied customer and it looks like I will be here for a long time. I wish things were better for some of these posters. I wish I had a solution for you. I don't. I just hope you stay with us and give it a good chance to improve for you. If you quit the rest of us will honestly miss you - we need you in game. Good Luck!

I gotta agree, Bioware needs to take out the phasing instancing. It's going to kill the game for a lot of people. Its a real game breaker, especially in an mmorpg. The op is also right, Bioware did say that it would be gone and only on starter worlds for launch. :|

Shrug! I am retired and able to play when I want and as long as I want. I started on the Jedi Covenant server and usually see the word 'heavy' when checking on server status. I had to wait in ques twice in beta but have had no ques at all in early access or after. Game plays smooth on my ordinary computer, any lag is minor and occasional. The population number has never been below 70 and averages 90+ and that is at the various times I have have played - from 3AM in the morning or noon during the day or 7PM at night.

I fully realize that such things vary. I am on an east coast server (USA). My local provided is Roadrunner and so far I simply cannot complain. I was surprised to see some posts that said they saw only 1 or a few people while playing. I spend most of my time away from the hubs nor have I reached above level 14 in game. I play only when I feel like it and take my time so I know there are different attitudes and playstyles.

For example more than half the quests I have played there have been other players on the same quest. Have had to wait for end point access (reset) numerous times and have had a few others waiting for me so it could reset and let them finish. No 'gimme that' folks so far, usually help each other out without any group. Nice bunch so far but plenty of other players around.

I have encountered a few bug like problems such as one of my Commendations (Coruscant) has shown up in my main inventory window instaed of the currency tab. When I run into such things I simply report them and move on. All in all I want to add a post that says Bioware has an extremely satisfied customer and it looks like I will be here for a long time. I wish things were better for some of these posters. I wish I had a solution for you. I don't. I just hope you stay with us and give it a good chance to improve for you. If you quit the rest of us will honestly miss you - we need you in game. Good Luck!

Garry, please don't misunderstand me. I love this game. I wish it all the success. I just feel like Bioware is ignoring and outright lying about some very glaring problems.

I feel like I'm yelling in a forest, and no one hears it.

where are the fanbois from pre-launch when they were flaming me and others when i was pointing that out - that instancing will be a disaster for this game....

hehe still remember them frothing, "there will be at least 500 people per instance! "only when there's no other option they will spawn an instance!"

cmon fanbois, come out and defend 60 people instances now.... DU ET!

You're forgetting there are people of the opposite faction in that shard aswell that you can't see. Last I checked each shard handled up to like 140 people, if there's more than 1 shard and you only see 40 people in the full one the other faction has 100 in that same shard.

where are the fanbois from pre-launch when they were flaming me and others when i was pointing that out - that instancing will be a disaster for this game....

hehe still remember them frothing, "there will be at least 500 people per instance! "only when there's no other option they will spawn an instance!"

cmon fanbois, come out and defend 60 people instances now.... DU ET!

I was right there with you: Beta all the way to now. No one listened, and now look at what we have to deal with.

What Aion did, which I thought was a great idea, is they had transfer-to-another-instance options. IF the area you were in was overrun and you couldn't get your quests done, you just switched instances.

I agree that the forced "sharding" works against the fun of playing a game with other people. Last night on Nar Shadaa the instance I was in had 26 people, the instance 1 had 42 people. Why in the world were we split up?

Let the players decide if there is too much population and switch to another instance on their own.

go to a pvp server then repeat what YOU just said, you'll be laughed off of the place. people roll pvp servers to pvp, not to quest.

you know what i did when 8 sith decided to kill me, then camp the area so i couldn't finish a quest? i called my guildies and we came down for a fight. was bloody fun.

when there are less than 200 players on the majority of planets, some of which are MASSIVE (like tatooine, which is the size of coruscant x3) and those 200 players are then split into shards of 40 or so, there's a real problem. ESPECIALLY for pvp servers.

Edited by Almghty_gir

you know what i did when 8 sith decided to kill me, then camp the area so i couldn't finish a quest? i called my guildies and we came down for a fight. was bloody fun.

Yah, I so totally agree with you! That's the fun of spontaneous PvP... We did this several times in beta out on Tatooine, and we had a great time! It's why I love to play on PvP servers.

Edited by Appletaz