What's next for solo PVE?

lanawinst

So, I looked at the last updates and we had:

*Update 2.7 : Invasion. Or the update that got me quite excited as soon as I read "A new story Arc", but quickly disappointed when the term "flashpoints" appeared.

*Update 2.8: Spoils of War, which is all about customization, group events and warzones (unless I'm mistaken?)

I don't do flashpoints, operations, PVP and the such because, honestly, all I want is to enjoy the story by myself and at my own pace. So, almost every update so far has been disappointing for me (and I could also talk about the Cathar race that doesn't even offer anything story-wise,...). Do you think there's going to be anything else done to pursue the class stories, or is that too much to hope for?

Edited by lanawinst

So, I looked at the last updates and we had:

*Update 2.7 : Invasion. Or the update that got me quite excited as soon as I read "A new story Arc", but quickly disappointed when the term "flashpoints" appeared.

*Update 2.8: Spoils of War, which is all about customization, group events and warzones (unless I'm mistaken?)

I don't do flashpoints, operations, PVP and the such because, honestly, all I want is to enjoy the story by myself and at my own pace. So, almost every update so far has been disappointing for me (and I could also talk about the Cathar race that doesn't even offer anything story-wise,...). Do you think there's going to be anything else done to pursue the class stories, or is that too much to hope for?

Nope. Bioware is done with character specific content unfortunately. They seem to have forgotten that was the selling point of the game and changed their minds. All we will get it planet /ops storylines like Makeb and Oricon as well as Flashpoint storyline's like Korriban Incursion.

No companion continuation.

No continuation of YOUR character.

Everything they do now is cut and paste for all classes. One story for all. It's sad. I frankly don't even enjoy the new storylines because they are all the same. I find it boring now without being specific to your toon.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Nope. Bioware is done with character specific content unfortunately. They seem to have forgotten that was the selling point of the game and changed their minds.

Nah, what happened was EA decided that focusing on Class Storylines lost SWTOR money.

Is EA correct? I have no idea.

Would I like a real Act 4? Yes.

From a cost perspective I can understand the reasons for no character specific misisons. Its quite expensive to make new classcontent. Also don't forget that the bioware crew is way smaller than at / before launch (I don't know exact numbers).

Do I want class content? Ofc.

At times I am even forgetting that my slinger

is the leader of a whole pirating fleet.

. Or that my sniper is

a double spy working for the republic

There is so much what could be done. But hey .... they won't so we have to buckle up and enjoy the things we do get.

FYI: Both the Galactic strongholds patch (2.9) and the one following it up (3.0) will have much stuff to do for a pure single content gamer.