Can you please stop the gazillion topics about the same thing?

Kantaso

If I remember correctly there a few thread started that sound like a 'defenders bait' (pretty much like a trool bait) but sounded like wanting to get a reaction from the 'trolls' in the past weeks. Really fishy.

None that I have noticed, but you are free to refresh my memory if you find them.

Well then that makes you no better than this so called 'trolls' IMHO. Since you pretty much stoop to their level that you so much despise.

Well, one needs to speak the same language to communicate sometimes.

Look, you're new to the forums so I get what you're saying, but after 2+ years of the same bs, it gets repetetive and one stops being nice and polite (especially to the ones who've been doing the same schtick for the last 2 years).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

But apparantly to some here, critique is valid no matter how it is delivered.

I wonder if they'd say the same if someone had some choice words about their family members or their work performance. :cool:

I already got a "warning" today because it would seem I wasn't nice to someone who decided to whine and called the game defective just because he couldn't log in.:rak_frown:

I'm not sure it can be said about both sides actually. It's a rare occurrance (if it ever happened at all, I never heard of it at least) that a so-called "defender" started a thread to just flame or troll the "haters"...

The opposite happens quite often tho.

But I guess you could argue that the "defenders" should take the high-road and not stoop to such low behaviour even if the poster that reports a bug (and honestly, it's rarely about reporting a bug, it's mostly about yelling about the bug ruining someones life) does so in a very hostile and belligerant manner.

But even in the cases when the "defenders" don't, they usually get met by hostility by the "same old crowd", so no matter what, it still degenerates from there.

That's why I have largely given up on taking the high-road, and I answer in the same manner as the one I'm talking to.

Just like in real life, if someone acts like a jerk to me I'll usually act the same way back.

I've got a question for you, and it's a genuine one. When you're going back and forth with folks like you describe, where are you trying to go with it? What's your desired end result?

Says the man who said this when someone complained that the alderaan taxis took too long:

And this about people who care about immersion:

Yeah, I don't understand that kind of behavior either :rolleyes:

Dude, when you have to stalk people post history and paste it in a different thread, then you are making this thing like a full time job and you took whateveer happen in this forum waaaaaaay too serious.

Yes, he might been rude in another post, but when you have to go way back and pasting whatever he's saying there over here... Dang, you Americans really freak me out.

Edited by apanbest

Dude, when you have to stalk people post history and paste it in a different thread, then you are making this thing like a full time job and you took whateveer happen in this forum waaaaaaay too serious.

Yes, he might been rude in another post, but when you have to go way back and pasting whatever he's saying there over here... Dang, you Americans really freak me out.

1: I knew who he was since before and knew those posts already. I didn't have to go looking for them, I just have a good memory.

2: That's what I mean by not taking BS very well. He comes in here pretending that he's innocent of such behaviour and I just pointed out that he's not.

3: I'm not american, so that's a bit presumptuous of you.

I've got a question for you, and it's a genuine one. When you're going back and forth with folks like you describe, where are you trying to go with it? What's your desired end result?

Depends on the person I'm talking to.

If it's the same trolls as usual, then it's just because it irks me and I get annoyed at them. Which is of course their intent and I try to ignore them, but sometimes it's hard to ignore a person poking at you with a stick, so to speak.

But when it's just people being overdramatic and rude, it's just to point out that they are acting rude and being overdramatic.

Actually, come to think of it, I think this kind of behavior on my part (and other "defenders") is simply a reaction to the way people act on the internet nowadays.

It's considered perfectly fine to swear and be rude about a product because of some minor (or even simply percieved) bug or problem. Hell, sometimes it's not even that, it's simply a product lacking some feature that they like in another product.

And it's somehow ok to act like complete jerk, lie and be rude because one is complaining about something.

And it's really not ok.

It's ok to complain about a product. That's perfectly fine.

But one should do so in a calm and collected maner, not by wailing your arms and yelling like a moron.

And most "defenders" simply don't tolerate that kind of behavior.

I've noticed that most people who are labeled "defenders" are of the older generation. They were around when the internet was in its infancy. They've seen the change in attitude on the internet. They've seen how it's become more and more acceptable (even desirable) to act completely disrespectful on the internet.

And I simply think that it is a reaction to that kind of behavior.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well my bad about that, I apologize. But doean't that mean it's the whole western world now which make it a little more scarier? :)

Well, if it's scary that someone likes to point out when people contradict themselves or pretend to be something they are not then sure.

Seriously, I wasn't "stalking" the guy or whatever you may think. I've had discussions with the guy before and I remember those answers, so when he then comes to this thread and claims that he "doesn't understand that type of behaviour" when he himself is guilty of it, that just smells like bs to me and I pointed that out.

Why is that such a horrible horrible thing?

Why are you horrified by that kind of behaviour, but not his kind of behaviour?

And why are you, seemingly, more horrified by people defending the game by pointing out the flaws in someones arguments or pointing out that they are lying/overblowing the issue, but not at all horrified by people complaining about a game by lying or overblowing issues?

I just don't understand that kind of behavior.

Why is one ok but not the other?

And why are you, seemingly, more horrified by people defending the game by pointing out the flaws in someones arguments or pointing out that they are lying/overblowing the issue, but not at all horrified by people complaining about a game by lying or overblowing issues?

Like I said in this thread before, shouldn't the issue in question be the point the discussion instead of whether the issue is small/big, or exagerated by the OP etc.

But again like you told me before, I'm new here. So, whatever dude.

Like I said in this thread before, shouldn't the issue in question be the point the discussion instead of whether the issue is small/big, or exagerated by the OP etc.

But again like you told me before, I'm new here. So, whatever dude.

Sure, in an ideal world it would.

But say that you are a mechanic and someone comes into your shop with a car that has something wrong with it.

You don't know what's wrong, but the client is demanding that you fix it right now! And he is also saying that you are a jerk and stupid for not knowing what's wrong with it immediately and that he shouldn't have to pay anything to have it fixed because it shouldn't break in the first place.

That's the kind of behavior that's happening here on a nearly daily basis.

Sure, in that example above, the mechanic should stay calm and try to figure out the problem with the car.

But most of the times they won't because moronic and agressive behavior is rarely met with a helpful hand.

Yeah, whatever dude. Seem to me IMO you are doing pretty much just as bad as those trolls and trying to justified whatever your action is by giving analogies, saying the other side start the BS or whatever.

I guess I'll just be a forum lurker from now on, maybe have a nice giggle when s* hit the fan in certain thread, watching people duke it out like their life depends on it.

Edited by apanbest

But say that you are a mechanic and someone comes into your shop with a car that has something wrong with it. You don't know what's wrong, but the client is demanding that you fix it right now! And he is also saying that you are a jerk and stupid for not knowing what's wrong with it immediately and that he shouldn't have to pay anything to have it fixed because it shouldn't break in the first place.

Horrible analogy. This is more like Subway...

I'm trying to tell the employee (Bioware) what I want on my sub, the toppings that I like and appeal to me and tell them the ones I dislike. They ignore me or say very little to me, they go so far as to hide the sub from me because they're afraid I'll complain...I don't get to see it until it's time to pay. I can then decide to pay or leave, but there's no other sandwich shop I'd rather go to...I just want my Subway sub fixed and made with at least a few toppings I request. I can ignore the toppings I dislike (as long as they're not forced on me), but I need some that do appeal to me. Sadly, this sub has taken so long to make that most of their customers have left the line and gone somewhere else.

Please moderators can you just move this to whatever corner you put the I rather dont read topics, I was frustrated and I didnt properly express myself. So my apologies to all the ones I offended.

The problem becomes one of scale.

If there is one post on a topic, a quick skim of the forums doesn't give the reader much of an idea what the general mood of the forums are.

If there are more than one, then the reader can delve into specifics to see what all the fuss is about.

Perhaps one post isn't quite what a second post is about so while they are similar, they are two separate and distinct posts.

Maybe one post has derailed into a trolls versus defenders debate and the original topic has been lost.

Ultimately though, the best way to let multiple posts on a topic go away is to ignore all but the one you think is the best example of the topic at hand.

I have been labeled as a "hater" in the past. I also have been labeled a "fanboi". Labels have changed based on the nature of my post at times.

I think my post history speaks for itself, but I leave others to draw their own conclusions.

The real "defenders" and "ragers" are well known, it's easy to point them out as those that engage in trollish behavior. However, there are many that may LEAN pro or con in their posts and get accused of being a part of those groups, or perhaps accused of being "employees"....of other games or this game.

I think folks get labeled as "haters" or "fanbois" far more often then they deserve.

The real problem, IMO, is, aside from the most obvious pro or con posts that show their trollish colors quite clearly, who determines what is truly a "hater" or "fanboi" post?

I believe it is best to leave these kind of posts to stand on their own merits....let them rise or fall as they deserve.

Just my slant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.