Bioware: Please make 1v1 solo rank and balance accordingly

chosonman

4v4 coordination isn't really hard at all...

"focus on the unguarded target/go for squishiest player/go for players that are about to die" simple. Of course, this is solo queue. In group it's more about hardswitching. But still. It's simple.

and yet!

While it's true that 1v1 will alleviate any "my team sucks" qq, it will certainly show class balance issues. everybody would just play deception and concealment, anyways. that's not fun.

I liked the setup for pvp at the gree event. It was kind of 1v1.

Lol deception and concealment.. Kk.. Easy kills for any half-decent madness sorc, for good madness sins, for good snipers, lethality operatives, veng juggs, etc. Heck even some maras could make it work (in smash spec at least, I'm just too bad with the other specs to comment anything on them, and I don't play my sentinel enough to learn them). Deception is strong because people don't kite it, but it is probably the easiest dps to kite; concealment is strong ... um, it's not even strong 1v1 unless you forget about using knockback+stun or something like that after they open on you. The only class I see as potentially sucking in 1v1 no matter what is merc/mando.

But, of course, healers would probably win most matches anyway, as long as they don't forget that they should kite...

Edited by DarrelK

Please bring 1v1 solo ranked and balance classes accordingly. It will make the game a lot more fun to play.

Signed

Edit: Here's an idea for 1v1

Add class specific role play scenarios in 1v1 matches where victor is determined either through attrition or objectives.

-For example if you have a Scoundrel/Op the other is a Merc/Command/Pyro/Van create a scenario where the Op needs to infiltrate a room and deactivate a tractor beam. The Mercs job is to guard the room or kill the infiltrator. The Op job is to deactivate the tractor beam or kill the guard.

- Another scenario would be a sin/shadow needs to kill/subdue a vip again the opposing player would need to guard the objective

All sorts of objectives can be created with differing maps to cater to the strengths and weaknesses of classes to help balance the match. And since ranks are class specific we shouldn't have to worry too much about one class being too OP vs another class. It's how well you perform individually in your own class.

ah it takes BW/EA months to construct a warzone/FP/OP. and you think they will dedicate time for this type of scenario. 4s is the lowest number they will design around.

ah it takes BW/EA months to construct a warzone/FP/OP. and you think they will dedicate time for this type of scenario. 4s is the lowest number they will design around.

Admittedly 1v1 may be a tough sell, but I think 2v2 would be in the realm of possibility and much better for solo ranked than the current norm.

Admittedly 1v1 may be a tough sell, but I think 2v2 would be in the realm of possibility and much better for solo ranked than the current norm.

Given BW/EA current track record I would not hold out for it. This is a player organized event. BW/EA considers PvP a mini game. No more important than any other mini game implemented at this time. And they introduced 4 arena maps plus queshball PvP won't see anything new for a while. Recycled player events are/will be the norm.

Please no, the less of the number of players means more balance issues. 4v4 is bad enough to balance. 2v2 and 1v1 balancing would require them to pretty much homogenize every single class.

''balance 1v1''....yeah good luck with that. They can't possibly make every class 1v1 balanced in a game that couldn't be less 1v1 oriented. The skill gap in a 1v1 is EVEN HIGHER than it is a 4v4. Because there is LITERALLY not a single other person to backpack or help hide how bad you are doing. It's all on you. The crying would be epic. Especially on classes like Sage/Sorc, and Commando/Merc.

At the moment, the 1v1 rated queue would look like this:

75% Assassins

10% Vengeance Jugs

10% Powertechs

5% Other

That said, I *DO* think they should make areas dedicated to dueling and group/team dueling so that players can make their own content and fun in their free time.

But while i personally wouldn't mind 1v1 solo rateds, as I enjoy 1v1s, I think it would be a horrible idea for the devs to implement because of the MAAAASSSIVE crying and balance issues that would ensue. sorry.

30% sins

30% operatives - at least 90% of them will play heal spec

30% juggs - 50% tanks/hybrids and other 50% vengeance

10% all other classes

30% sins

30% operatives - at least 90% of them will play heal spec

30% juggs - 50% tanks/hybrids and other 50% vengeance

10% all other classes

madness sorcs are pretty strong 1v1 against stealth dps, if played by a competent player.

And they can melt tanks pretty much. Operatives never could cleanse their dots. In general pretty strong 1v1, when they kite, slow, dot and heal up. It is pretty much hard to do anything against them.

Fortunately there were never many good ones around, but those that know what they are doing are scary.

madness sorcs are pretty strong 1v1 against stealth dps, if played by a competent player.

And they can melt tanks pretty much. Operatives never could cleanse their dots. In general pretty strong 1v1, when they kite, slow, dot and heal up. It is pretty much hard to do anything against them.

Fortunately there were never many good ones around, but those that know what they are doing are scary.

10 % - all other classes including swag-sorcs