Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One shot it. Not going to pretend it was easy. It wasn't. Interrupts. It's a recurring theme for JK class quests. Interrupt the right ability and use CDs when you can't.

For anyone having trouble, take a step back. Sit there and let yourself die to him once or twice and learn from him. Let all his abilities hit you. See which one hurts the most and interrupt that. Abilities + CDs. If at first you do not succeed..... :)

Edit: I must confess I don't remember what level I was when I defeated him. I remember that it was rough enough that I was sc****** really bad to survive what came after.

Edit #2 Apparently the word filter is so stringent that it doesn't approve of a relatively common verb that begins with 'SC' followed by four letters that form a separate word.

Edited by weezman

he killed me a total of 0 times. :) Also you should really keep spoilers out of your thread titles.

You have to be a complete dunce to not grasp that Darth Angral, the main baddie from a relatively low level, will be a boss later on in the story line.

There's an option to bring other people with you in story mode.

Which is what I did eventually... well Shadow. I still think I'm built sideways somehow... though she keeps on telling me how great I am at DPS. I'm such a glass cannon though, it's not even funny.

First time Guardian defense lvl 33. Was really surprised how easy it was, finished on half health. Saying that I used every cool down and a medi pack. Just had to interrupt almost everything and the guardian has a lot of interrupts so didn't find a prob.

The extra after the fight surprised me but still managed it.

Not gloating (much) but these single fights don't seem epic enough. Would prefer them to last longer while still somehow making you use your abilities frantically.

In my experience, the difficulty of boss fights in the JK storyline are entirely dependent on how much latency you have, combined with getting lucky with ability delay. If you have really fast connection (<50 ms) and you don't get screwed over by the ability delay, the fights are very easy because the bosses do relatively little damage without they're power abilities.

However, with both Valis and Angral, I had to move to a different location in my house from where I normally play, because my kicks would take 1-2 seconds to connect and by then me or my companion would have taken massive damage. I've also noticed a weird instance where with higher latency, Force Stasis doesn't even work and he only ends up getting stunned for 1 or 2 seconds, AFTER he's channeled or successfully used a power.

I faced him as a level 31 watchman spec sentinel with T7-01 as my companion.

TL: DR - the difficulty of these fights, for me, is entirely dependent on latency.

Edited by qwertydood

Took me five tries, level 34 Focus Guardian. As everyone already said, you gotta interrupt his channeling abilities. The previous four tries was either me not interrupting or me spamming an ability that was on CD because I don't notice it's still on CD due to the new update.

But anyway, as long as you have Force Kick, Force Stasis, and Force Push, the guy is easy sauce. You just have to have pretty good reflexes.

Edited by HeroMystic

Took me 3 tries total today.

I'm a vigilance spec'd Guardian at level 32

I just made sure for the third and final time to use saber ward followed by stasis, then force push, which was followed by force leap and finally call on the force. I would chip away at his health until my companion died and I'd use saber ward again then finish him off.

In my experience, the difficulty of boss fights in the JK storyline are entirely dependent on how much latency you have, combined with getting lucky with ability delay. If you have really fast connection (<50 ms) and you don't get screwed over by the ability delay, the fights are very easy because the bosses do relatively little damage without they're power abilities.

However, with both Valis and Angral, I had to move to a different location in my house from where I normally play, because my kicks would take 1-2 seconds to connect and by then me or my companion would have taken massive damage. I've also noticed a weird instance where with higher latency, Force Stasis doesn't even work and he only ends up getting stunned for 1 or 2 seconds, AFTER he's channeled or successfully used a power.

I faced him as a level 31 watchman spec sentinel with T7-01 as my companion.

TL: DR - the difficulty of these fights, for me, is entirely dependent on latency.

If this is true, it really would explain a lot.

I got my arse kicked by valis, but only because I wasn't very good at the time. However once I sorted out how to use interrupts I got him easily and Angral as well.

However I was talking to a guy in another thread who said that it didn't matter when he interrupted, it didn't make any difference.

I have a really low ping (about 30 most of the time), do that might explain it.