Another patch for 2 LITTLE FIXES, wait time for update takes about 20 minutes

Karilis

If I was running this patch on two computers, and it took 20 minutes on each, I'd be checking my ISP and my router, not coming here going "what gives". I entered my info, the patch started, I loaded my web browser and by the time I clicked my first email, the patch was done.

Be both your computers a Commodore 64 or something?

LOL... and perhaps they were sharing a 14.4K dial-up modem too. :p I declare you the winner of the thread DW. :D

Seriously though... today's patch completed in a just a few minutes for me this morning.. and I don't have the fastest of broadband connections either.

Edited by Andryah

Yea sounds like the op needs to make some PC upgrades :D mine literally took like 20-30seconds

but its totally BW fault, along with all the long loading times, lag, and other things that are 90% client side, but are only apparent in this game so blame them.

For some folks the update system is rather lethargic, and I believe Bioware has acknowledged that this is a valid issue. I might be wrong about that.

So if that is the case I do not see this as a silly complaint. Quite the opposite. For those folks that have longer wait times when installing patches this patch could seem a bit unnecessary.

That is why, for those folks that have this problem I have suggested that the game client needs an auto-update, allowing the game to update in the background during your RL downtime. This would solve the current problem for those folks at least in part.

Naturally I would suggest it only operates in the background while the client is closed.

Not sure where your brains are at bioware, but this is pissing me off....

sorry, im just paying for a game monthly and I keep seeing little problems

and this is one of them. The patch literally has 2 TINY changes and it still

takes a good 20 minutes for both of my computers to update it -.-

ty bioware, for making ZERO sense on anything, this is prolly why

you lost about 2 million accounts -.-:mad:

Upgrade from dial-up and it won't take so long.

Mine took 5 minutes, I was really angry at Bioware! Why would few MBs take that long ?

Visibly shaken, I took a couple of Xanax and waited till the effect started. At that moment I decided to write a long letter to Bioware explaining to them how much I got hurt financially and emotionally by having to wait a full five minutes for the patch (I even took an appointment with my Dr to see if i have developed PTSD), and after several revisions I was happy with the state of my letter so I decided to send it except that the email website took a long time to load because Bioware ruined my PC with the patch (but not because I have a slow internet connection No sir!).

I am looking for a lawyer to start an international class action suit against Bioware and EA for their huge neglect with this patch, anyone wants in ?