Not really ok with the interdiction mine nerf (PTR)

Verain

No requisition should not be refunded, if you want to chase the FoTM all the time you should pay for it.

"Battle scout" is the name of the type 2 scout. It is not an insult. The equivalent names for other ships are "rail sniper", "command strike", "support scout", "minelayer", etc.

I'm pretty sure its called a cattlescout because it herds gunsheep.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as some one else noted the whole moving from FOTM to FOTM. The stated intent was to be a snare mine other wise it wouldnt have been called interdiction mine. Concus was always supposed to be the damage mine clearly again by names people knew this.

Interdiction have not lost intended role only its abused role. Also if you have this mastered. there is a chance you have mastered everything else at which point.... enjoy the 10% extra req you get for flying a mastered ship thus allowing you to mitigate this change. :D.

*shrugs*

C'est la vie, Verain. Probably not going to happen. Definitely not going to happen just because you say you want it.

Fortunes of war. Get your req up while you can.

And if they have Interdictions mastered... they probably have req around to get concussions going (and plenty of time to save right now).

The OP suggestion doesn't make sense, or then the devs would have to refund req for any reduction to a component they made. "Oh, I bought Ion railgun to completely neuter regen, but now I can't! Give reqs now!" It's a logic that doesn't make sense in the long run for game balance. Let the devs actually make good adjustments, and players can adapt.

And yes, it'd be nice if it was as simple as refunding skill tree points, though one should remember all the time spent getting a character to 55. Requisition for one component is a lot less time than that. Even if you don't agree, this is the next best thing they could do. Having to level concussions after leveling interdictions is not the end of the world and shouldn't make a player quit. If it does, they weren't the kind of player you were going to keep long, anyway.

And if they have Interdictions mastered... they probably have req around to get concussions going (and plenty of time to save right now).

It's hardly either base or mastered on components there's going to be a fair amout of people who were somewhere in between.

It's hardly either base or mastered on components there's going to be a fair amout of people who were somewhere in between.

if its in between then they havent spent much on it any way, and have likely some saved up to upgrade it. Now they can either choose to continue or shift gears.

Just like if you were tring one out and decided naw. You might change your mind later, but for right now you have changed your mind

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Now interdiction mine's only selling point will be its massive, disabling, worthless snare. I invested all this time into leveling my SIM bomber because I wanted to be able to rack up massive kill and damage numbers passively. After the patch, either the massive snare will allow my teammates to get kills on sitting ducks while I guard satellites or I'll have to wheel around and shoot people with my HLCs, and who ever heard of a bomber needing to aim and shoot people? And now I won't be able to solo guard satellites with extreme ease anymore, which is unfair.

This state of affairs is simply unacceptable, and I deserve to be reimbursed for all the time and energy I put into leveling interdiction mine since snares are completely useless in GSF. On the same note, I leveled a Sith Marauder all the way to 55 just to PVP as a Smash build, and now that I can't do massive AOE damage in two button presses in PVP anymore after the nerf I also think Bioware should give me a free 55 to make up for all the time I put into leveling my Warrior. I have no choice but to unsubscribe otherwise.

--Sookat

Edited by Anli

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Now interdiction mine's only selling point will be its massive, disabling, worthless snare. I invested all this time into leveling my SIM bomber because I wanted to be able to rack up massive kill and damage numbers passively. After the patch, either the massive snare will allow my teammates to get kills on sitting ducks while I guard satellites or I'll have to wheel around and shoot people with my HLCs, and who ever heard of a bomber needing to aim and shoot people? And now I won't be able to solo guard satellites with extreme ease anymore, which is unfair.

This state of affairs is simply unacceptable, and I deserve to be reimbursed for all the time and energy I put into leveling interdiction mine since snares are completely useless in GSF. On the same note, I leveled a Sith Marauder all the way to 55 just to PVP as a Smash build, and now that I can't do massive AOE damage in two button presses in PVP anymore after the nerf I also think Bioware should give me a free 55 to make up for all the time I put into leveling my Warrior. I have no choice but to unsubscribe otherwise.

--Sookat

Et tu, Swift?

--Sookat

I adore subtlety. <3 -bp

--Sookat

Simply Priceless :) Made me almost spill my coke on the laptop ...

--Sookat

If your not using your blasters at all, then your not playing your bomber correctly. There are times when you'll need to move out and kill someone with more then Mines. And BW doesn't have to give you back your req at all. MMO's are ever changing on how abilities work, so expect it and keep playing 35k req is easy to get, and the belief that you should be Handed something for nothing is a poor attitude. Spend 2-3 days on that bomber and BAM you'll have the req needed for the replacement if you want something else instead of Interdiction mine.

If your not using your blasters at all, then your not playing your bomber correctly. There are times when you'll need to move out and kill someone with more then Mines. And BW doesn't have to give you back your req at all. MMO's are ever changing on how abilities work, so expect it and keep playing 35k req is easy to get, and the belief that you should be Handed something for nothing is a poor attitude. Spend 2-3 days on that bomber and BAM you'll have the req needed for the replacement if you want something else instead of Interdiction mine.

Say the guy who didn't saw the sarcasm.... :eek:

if its in between then they havent spent much on it any way, and have likely some saved up to upgrade it. Now they can either choose to continue or shift gears.

Just like if you were tring one out and decided naw. You might change your mind later, but for right now you have changed your mind

Friends of mine left this game for ESO. I really wasn't interested in switching for a variety of reasons. The game first and foremost didn't grab me, second the guy designing their combat/ability system was a painful idiot. He used to be the powers guy for City of Heroes and managed to destroy the pet class in that game over and over again, managed to make one of 2 endgame raids unplayable, and for 5 years had the ranged DPS class produce the worst DPS in the game and have the least survivability. So I stayed here telling my friends, I really didn't want to put effort into building characters or gaining items that were going to have half lives measured in minutes. Low and behold I keep hearing from friends that play ESO how they have to keep switching things around and every patch redefines what they can and need to do.

I have no trouble with bioware redefining how the mines should work. I don't agree it's a good thing, as things stand just about any ship can take out a bomber on a satellite if they just aren't so stupid as to charge into the mines.

Where I do have trouble is when they go hey it's only 30-50 fights you need to do again to get back to where you were. If I wanted to play in quicksand I could have gone to ESO.

Friends of mine left this game for ESO. I really wasn't interested in switching for a variety of reasons. The game first and foremost didn't grab me, second the guy designing their combat/ability system was a painful idiot. He used to be the powers guy for City of Heroes and managed to destroy the pet class in that game over and over again, managed to make one of 2 endgame raids unplayable, and for 5 years had the ranged DPS class produce the worst DPS in the game and have the least survivability. So I stayed here telling my friends, I really didn't want to put effort into building characters or gaining items that were going to have half lives measured in minutes. Low and behold I keep hearing from friends that play ESO how they have to keep switching things around and every patch redefines what they can and need to do.

I have no trouble with bioware redefining how the mines should work. I don't agree it's a good thing, as things stand just about any ship can take out a bomber on a satellite if they just aren't so stupid as to charge into the mines.

Where I do have trouble is when they go hey it's only 30-50 fights you need to do again to get back to where you were. If I wanted to play in quicksand I could have gone to ESO.

THey havent redefined how a mine should work. The mine was called INTERDICTION thus it should always have been used for its debuff as that was the clear design intent based solely on its name. Thing about how anything SHOULD work is being changed. They are just taking something and making it unable to do what it wasnt designed to do.

THey havent redefined how a mine should work. The mine was called INTERDICTION thus it should always have been used for its debuff as that was the clear design intent based solely on its name. Thing about how anything SHOULD work is being changed. They are just taking something and making it unable to do what it wasnt designed to do.

Look let me put it to you like this. You buy a Ferrari and a month after you have it a virus in the engine control computer puts a governor in that limits its max speed to 20mph. The manufacturer tells you, it was never meant to go fast just look good. At that point anyone would feel you were justified in wanting your money back.

It's the same thing here. Nobody knows how these things should work. The only thing you can go on is how they work when you pay for them and the description of how they work.

Look let me put it to you like this. You buy a Ferrari and a month after you have it a virus in the engine control computer puts a governor in that limits its max speed to 20mph. The manufacturer tells you, it was never meant to go fast just look good. At that point anyone would feel you were justified in wanting your money back.

It's the same thing here. Nobody knows how these things should work. The only thing you can go on is how they work when you pay for them and the description of how they work.

Its a Ferrari, its a car thus its meant to travel at high speeds, thats not the same thing.

Any one with half a brain who actually took the time to think about the mine balance would have looked at it and gone. "concussion mines are clearly supposed to be the damage mines"

"interdiction mines are clearly supposed to be for the slow.... oh but look the interdiction mines do more hull damage LAWLS why would I ever choose the 'damage mine' if these slow mines are better"

To more accurately show your analogy. Its as if the person had gotten a choice between a Ferrarri and a Honda Accord, but some one messed up and some how made that Honda FASTER then the Ferrarri but still having great gas mileage, and at the SAME PRICE. Honda realized their whoopsie and does a re-call bringing that Honda down to the slower speed but it still keeps its great gas mileage and safety features, with out going 200 MPH. (and also being cheaper for them to manufactur from that time on)

Meaning if you want speed you go for the Ferrarri and if you want Gas mileage you go with the accord. The 2 companies the entire time were advertising this. Not once was the Accords speed mentioned in the adds, its just some one found out and the word was spread.

Edited by tunewalker

Its a Ferrari, its a car thus its meant to travel at high speeds, thats not the same thing.

Sure it is, GM sells it's cars with electronic governors installed. All it takes is them deciding you didn't pay enough for the car you bought. What software updates happen all the time ?

The entire argument about should shouldn't have known is complete BS. I can see people going OH THOSE DAMN BOMBER PILOT SCRUBS ARE GOING TO SCREWED NOW HEHEHEHE. Enjoy that moment and remember it when your queue doesn't pop because they just got tired of what anyone can see is complete B.S.

Enjoy that moment and remember it when your queue doesn't pop because they just got tired of what anyone can see is complete B.S.

...you're suggesting that queues are going to implode across every server, because Bombers are going to drop en masse, no longer going to get any iota of enjoyment out of GSF because they caught one nerf?

Merciful Saint Stephen...it's worse than any of us ever imagined!!

WE MUST OVERREACT IMMEDIATELY!!

Sure it is, GM sells it's cars with electronic governors installed. All it takes is them deciding you didn't pay enough for the car you bought. What software updates happen all the time ?

The entire argument about should shouldn't have known is complete BS. I can see people going OH THOSE DAMN BOMBER PILOT SCRUBS ARE GOING TO SCREWED NOW HEHEHEHE. Enjoy that moment and remember it when your queue doesn't pop because they just got tired of what anyone can see is complete B.S.

The entire arguement that its losing its "intended function" is BS as its explicitly called interdiction (interdiction engines the one thing that shares its name sake is a good indication of intent) and its still doing the job of snaring clearly an "intended function" of the mine.

They never refunded anything else in SF they arent going to start now.

Its not the same as ground game with respecs as any talents you choose are set unless you respec. For Components its not, if you have all the components you can switch between them.

The one sarcastic post about smash jugg nerf and not being able to get a free level 55 of another class is a much more perfect example. If they refunded people would go from FotM to FotM.

The entire arguement that its losing its "intended function" is BS as its explicitly called interdiction (interdiction engines the one thing that shares its name sake is a good indication of intent) and its still doing the job of snaring clearly an "intended function" of the mine.

They never refunded anything else in SF they arent going to start now.

Its not the same as ground game with respecs as any talents you choose are set unless you respec. For Components its not, if you have all the components you can switch between them.

The one sarcastic post about smash jugg nerf and not being able to get a free level 55 of another class is a much more perfect example. If they refunded people would go from FotM to FotM.

I haven't said one word about intended function and as far as I am concerned that's the purview of psychics. As to not refunding before so they shouldn't do it now, that's just a great way to tick off players that already are feeling the problems in this game.

Nahh I am already looking for other games, and as soon as something is there I am outta here. hoping game companies have an epiphany to do the right thing, is just foolish.

If you have no interest in the game, are not going to play anymore.... then why are you here? Seriously, your not adding anything to these discussions, it boils down too "waaaah they nerfed interdiction, now im going to quit and play _______". If you have no stake in this then I see no reason for you to post, besides blatant trolling.

(If your leaving, here's the door)

Interdiction IMO was meant to be debuff related, it seems like the dev's did not predict the coupling of interdiction and seismic (with shield piercing) or they did not realize it would be such an issue. I feel that bombers have been abusing this mechanic for a long while, and then got used to it. Changing it as suggested on PTS notes will not destabilize the bomber IMO. It destabilizes one build, namely the one that was causing issues in the first place.

And I still think its a good choice, good damage, good snare + effect..... what exactly is the problem? If its scouts don't worry about that, they will be dealt with in due course. This was a BOMBER balance issue though, I the devs + a lot of other people thought it was a little much. I do not predict massive queue issues due to this, if there are issues after 2.8 its due to:

low player pool

poor attitude of players

poor match quality

a fear that the dev's are ignoring GSF after 2.8 (A lot of us are on the wait and see path.....)

the least of this being the bombers who are too stubborn to adapt to a new build, or deal with interdiction being converted into an actual support / debuff ability (the fact that it still has good damage is just icing)