Which nickname for the next Bomber ?

Altheran

Beside nicknames describing their functions, namely "minelayer" and "dronecarrier", nowadays bombers have received unexpected nicknames (thanks to mostly Verain) respectively "boy bomber" and "girl bomber"...

But the next bomber seem to mostly be an hybrid between the two previous ones, allowing both mines and drones as a system ability...

And since the nicknames given so far were designating genders, I'm now eager to see what funny nickname will come for the upcoming one.

Beside nicknames describing their functions, namely "minelayer" and "dronecarrier", nowadays bombers have received unexpected nicknames (thanks to mostly Verain) respectively "boy bomber" and "girl bomber"...

But the next bomber seem to mostly be an hybrid between the two previous ones, allowing both mines and drones as a system ability...

And since the nicknames given so far were designating genders, I'm now eager to see what funny nickname will come for the upcoming one.

Introducing for your approval / dismissal:

Androgynous - Andro Bomber - Also PAT works :D

Edited by DamascusAdontise

No, it would be best if only Verain used that terminology. Let's not encourage it. It's terrible.

Yeeeah, I'm going with this.

No offense, of course, Verain. The terminology's just not clear enough to distinguish one from the other. I can't immediately tell the difference without some explanation.

Boy and girl bomber are pretty clear. They also are very good for vent calls, being monosyllabic.

As for the new one, I think he's supposed to be more of a dogfighter, so he might be the dog bomber? I'm really not sure.

No, it would be best if only Verain used that terminology. Let's not encourage it. It's terrible.

You don't have to use it. It's a clear and fast nickname that everyone understands already, but if you don't like it, no one is forcing you.

Boy and girl bomber are pretty clear.

Except it's not clear....

When you're looking for an extension cord, and you ask somebody for the 'male' end - that is clear.

And what you do in vent is your own business. Say whatever you want.

Except it's not clear....

When you're looking for an extension cord, and you ask somebody for the 'male' end - that is clear.

And what you do in vent is your own business. Say whatever you want.

Agreed. As the names have nothing to do with their loadouts I had no idea what bomber was which. I still don't find it helpful than just saying "drone bomber" or "mine bomber" and often times still have no idea what bomber is being talked about even though I've read one or two posts where it was explained.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

If I get the terminology right:

- Girl bomber: launches her drones and cares for them, never too far and replaces them only if destroyed.

- Boy bomber: fires and forgets, never looking twice and often destroying it's own mines by replacing them with new ones.

The new bomber should probably be something like a "Teen bomber" rebelling against his parents and trying to be something it's not: a dogfighter.

If I get the terminology right:

- Girl bomber: launches her drones and cares for them, never too far and replaces them only if destroyed.

- Boy bomber: fires and forgets, never looking twice and often destroying it's own mines by replacing them with new ones.

The new bomber should probably be something like a "Teen bomber" rebelling against his parents and trying to be something it's not: a dogfighter.

I think this post wins.

Boy and girl bomber are pretty clear. They also are very good for vent calls, being monosyllabic.

As for the new one, I think he's supposed to be more of a dogfighter, so he might be the dog bomber? I'm really not sure.

So when you find yourself in a premade, using voip for coordination you truly believe that syllabic streamlining was a big determining factor in if you won or lost a match? Or more importantly if you hadn't you would have lost? Edited by Lendul

So when you find yourself in a premade, using voip for coordination you truly believe that syllabic streamlining was a big determining factor in if you won or lost a match? Or more importantly if you hadn't you would have lost?

One of the better questions in awhile. I'm actually of the belief that having a language that is fast actually helps you think faster. We don't know a whole lot about cognition, but it certainly seems that parts of thoughts have to be encoded as speech. That's a personal belief: I can't prove that.

But when it comes to calls in vent, yes, I'm sure that being able to speak coherently and quickly is an advantage. Does it change the match? Like anything that helps, probably some times?

One of the better questions in awhile. I'm actually of the belief that having a language that is fast actually helps you think faster. We don't know a whole lot about cognition, but it certainly seems that parts of thoughts have to be encoded as speech. That's a personal belief: I can't prove that.

But when it comes to calls in vent, yes, I'm sure that being able to speak coherently and quickly is an advantage. Does it change the match? Like anything that helps, probably some times?

I can't prove it either, but I know, that my mind assigns names to certain objects and only works with the name and never thinks about the object itself. This especially happens with things that I don't see directly (and I usually look out for the drones/mines first and the bomber only afterward, because it's easier to identify that way).

For those things, it takes me a long time to translate from the assigned name to anything else. I can only work with the assigned name, because it replaced everything else.

If I have to think first, what it is I'm actually thinking about, it will take several seconds longer until I can give a warning to my team. Once we're talking about seconds, things can be game deciding.

As far as I know, different people process thoughts differently, so this probably doesn't work the same way for everyone.

I didn't know the 'boy/girl bomber' nicknames before, but apparently, they aren't as obvious, as some people think. My thoughts were:

Boy bomber: Drones fire around wildly, so that's the dronecarrier.

Girl bomber: Can create a chain of big explosions, so it's the minelayer.

But apparently that's wrong, so these nicknames might not be as obvious as you claim.

Edit: I like the 'teen bomber'. Since it is younger than the other two bombers, this is easy to memorize.

Edited by Mathemagica