2.8 Double Fleet Req and Double Credits!!!

So I'm in this weird position. My GSF main earns just enough fleet req to buy all the new ships the day they come out. with enough left over to unlock a companion. Double fleet req might just throw off the rhythm not sure I'll be able to cope.

This means when 2.8 hits the following will be true:

1- You'll earn the same fleet currency you currently get from running the rail-space shooter, AND this currency will be able to make a lockbox that can create crafting materials that are desired and valuable. This will probably increase the value of doing the weekly for all players, hopefully funneling us some fresh blood to fly slowly in a straight line, shoot rapid fire laser while getting three shot, and then post without an avatar to the GSF forums telling us we are total jerks.

2- Fleet requisition will be awarded at 20% the earned rate of ship requisition, a temporary benefit that should probably be made permanent to help new players unlock ships so they can fly slowly firing quad lasers into open space on their Type 2 Strikes while getting four shot, and then post without an avatar to the GSF forums telling us that we are total jerks.

3- Credit awards will be doubled, another temporary benefit. I don't really have a conception of how much credit/hour GSF generates relative to other activities (I would assume much lower than flipping on GTN, if other games of this sort are a guide, but probably only a little lower than running around and farming?), and I'm mostly just assuming that this won't disrupt or twist the arm too hard of a typical player.

4- We get a new gunship for everyone to complain about. But don't worry: you can all have early access to that, just look at all the threads saying that interdiction missile is the worst thing in the universe.

5- We get a new bomber which everyone is convinced will be terrible even though it has power dive and can actually move more than five inches away from a satellite without thermites lining up to ownface him.

It is official.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7404762#edit7404762

GSF bit is the 2nd point.

:cool:

Im officially excited for 2.8, there are A LOT of things that players have asked for, all of them were easy to implement as well. ****en A BW, next thing you know we will have a proper tutorial. I am a very happy pilot.

from the notes:

Galactic Starfigher will grant players double the Fleet Requisition and double the credit rewards they would normally get, Starfighter event will run from 2.8 – 2.8.1. , still exciting though. Sounds like they are testing the waters. Does this: For three weeks at a time, events will run that yield increased rewards for participating players - mean that its recurring?

Edited by DamascusAdontise

• 5 weeks later...

With all the credits rolling in and extra req for shooting newbies.... and crafing matrs to sell.....Buy a 2x XP off the GTN - or better still a GSF 2x XP - which go for peanuts most of the time! - IF you're not already, you'll be level 55 in no time. - Every match is worth 1-2 bars at every level.

I can't wait.... Anyone who gets the bug and flies in front of my cannons is welcome. - time to GSF with a few more toons I think and give Prog pilots Jaynn-Grey and Karn-T'woom a rest......

Keep flyin'!

. Does this: For three weeks at a time, events will run that yield increased rewards for participating players - mean that its recurring?

I think that's reading far too much into it. Most of the time they don't even try to hint at things unless they have concrete plans for something. It may happen again sometime, but I'm guessing for now it is a one time thing. Would kind of be a nice thing to have two or three times a year or so though.

This means when 2.8 hits the following will be true:

1- You'll earn the same fleet currency you currently get from running the rail-space shooter, AND this currency will be able to make a lockbox that can create crafting materials that are desired and valuable. This will probably increase the value of doing the weekly for all players, hopefully funneling us some fresh blood to fly slowly in a straight line, shoot rapid fire laser while getting three shot, and then post without an avatar to the GSF forums telling us we are total jerks.

2- Fleet requisition will be awarded at 20% the earned rate of ship requisition, a temporary benefit that should probably be made permanent to help new players unlock ships so they can fly slowly firing quad lasers into open space on their Type 2 Strikes while getting four shot, and then post without an avatar to the GSF forums telling us that we are total jerks.

3- Credit awards will be doubled, another temporary benefit. I don't really have a conception of how much credit/hour GSF generates relative to other activities (I would assume much lower than flipping on GTN, if other games of this sort are a guide, but probably only a little lower than running around and farming?), and I'm mostly just assuming that this won't disrupt or twist the arm too hard of a typical player.

4- We get a new gunship for everyone to complain about. But don't worry: you can all have early access to that, just look at all the threads saying that interdiction missile is the worst thing in the universe.

5- We get a new bomber which everyone is convinced will be terrible even though it has power dive and can actually move more than five inches away from a satellite without thermites lining up to ownface him.

Nice..... I feel we will love post 2.8

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering if you all are having the same issues. At the end of the weekly you receive an ship req turn in. I used the turn in and it stated "7500 added to Ship req" but when I look, those point are not added to my ship req. I turned in a ticket to the admin to see if these was an ongoing issue in the game.

I am wondering if you all are having the same issues. At the end of the weekly you receive an ship req turn in. I used the turn in and it stated "7500 added to Ship req" but when I look, those point are not added to my ship req. I turned in a ticket to the admin to see if these was an ongoing issue in the game.

The number you see (7500 in your case) is the Weekly bonus (2500) multiplied by number of ships you have (3 in your case, I guess). In other words, each of your ships only gets the stated weekly bonus (2500) and what is displayed is the "Ship requisition Total", not "Ship requisition per ship"

Edited by Danylia

Ah okay. I knew it wasn't per ship. It was interesting that it only gave me 2500. So should it have given me the 7500 total?

If you add all of your three ships earnings, yes 7500. If you look at a particular ship only, 2500 is normal.

Edited by Altheran

If you add all of your three ships earnings, yes 7500. If you look at a particular ship only, 2500 is normal.

Awesome. Thank you. I just looked at all of my ships. and found out all of the ships go the points. Thank you!