Additional rewards for GSF daily/weekly on PTS

Gerfaut

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet because it should significantly increase interest in GSF among some segments of the playerbase.

On PTS, the GSF daily awards 40 fleet coms and the weekly awards 90 fleet coms in addition to the current rewards. Additionally, fleet coms can now be used to buy boxes containing Grade 9 and 10 crafting materials (on live, fleet coms can only be used to get Grade 7 and 8 crafting materials). This should generate a lot more interest in GSF from crafters and raiders. T10 crafting materials are currently the most sought after cratfing materials in the entire game, as they are required to craft the top-end craftable mods.

However, it looks like the boxes will be a bit of a gamble. I don't know what the chance of getting a Mass Manipulation Generator from a box will be (currently, those sell for over 600k a piece on the Harbinger). It is possible that most boxes will have mainly Grade 9 materials rather than the much more rare Grade 10. Still, it is a very welcome perk for regular GSF players.

Edited by Gerfaut
My original post mistakenly referred to fleet reqs instead of fleet coms

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet because it should significantly increase interest in GSF among some segments of the playerbase.

On PTS, the GSF daily awards 40 fleet reqs and the weekly awards 90 fleet reqs in addition to the current rewards. Additionally, fleet reqs can now be used to buy boxes containing Grade 9 and 10 crafting materials (on live, fleet reqs can only be used to get Grade 7 and 8 crafting materials). This should generate a lot more interest in GSF from crafters and raiders. T10 crafting materials are currently the most sought after cratfing materials in the entire game, as they are required to craft the top-end craftable mods.

However, it looks like the boxes will be a bit of a gamble. I don't know what the chance of getting a Mass Manipulation Generator from a box will be (currently, those sell for over 600k a piece on the Harbinger). It is possible that most boxes will have mainly Grade 9 materials rather than the much more rare Grade 10. Still, it is a very welcome perk for regular GSF players.

I still have thousands of Fleet Requisition from back when I did the PvE Space Mission rep grind.

I kinda ran with speculation there, still cool. I will have to look at this some more before I know how cool. Any addition to GSF rewards is a boon IMO. Patiently waiting on some patch notes for this, or perhaps ill just dl PTS and go take alook myself. Edited by DamascusAdontise

Nem, could you maybe go on PTS and buy a bunch of boxes and see if you get any of the really valuable mats? None of my toons has any fleet coms, so I can't do it myself. I never had much interest in the PVE space stuff. I stopped doing the missions around lvl 35 because they became overly difficult and never bothered to try the heroic ones since I couldn't even complete the non-heroic ones successfully. Edited by Gerfaut

On PTS, the GSF daily awards 40 fleet reqs and the weekly awards 90 fleet reqs in addition to the current rewards. Additionally, fleet reqs can now be used to buy boxes containing Grade 9 and 10 crafting materials (on live, fleet reqs can only be used to get Grade 7 and 8 crafting materials). This should generate a lot more interest in GSF from crafters and raiders. T10 crafting materials are currently the most sought after cratfing materials in the entire game, as they are required to craft the top-end craftable mods.

Forgive my ignorance but where is this vendor on live? I never bothered with the heroic SPvE. (BTW do you mean fleet commendations not fleet req?)

Forgive my ignorance but where is this vendor on live? I never bothered with the heroic SPvE. (BTW do you mean fleet commendations not fleet req?)

Yes, sorry, I meant fleet coms. I edited my original post to reflect this.

The vendor is located in the same quadrant of fleet as the GTN (NE on Pub Fleet, SW on Imp Fleet).

On PTS, the GSF daily awards 40 fleet coms and the weekly awards 90 fleet coms in addition to the current rewards. Additionally, fleet coms can now be used to buy boxes containing Grade 9 and 10 crafting materials (on live, fleet coms can only be used to get Grade 7 and 8 crafting materials). This should generate a lot more interest in GSF from crafters and raiders. T10 crafting materials are currently the most sought after cratfing materials in the entire game, as they are required to craft the top-end craftable mods.

This is VERY interesting. While the notes do actually say this, the significance of this was entirely lost on me, as I just GSF these days.

I have plenty of fleet comms I think too, but that doesn't matter- what matters is that this will be a reason for some players to try it out, some of whom will love it, without making it super mandatory or something.

Just wanted to clarify to people what fleet commendations are (because I had forgotten)

These are (currently) earned by doing daily space PvE missions, also from the Heroic Space PvE missions which grant more of these comms.

they were used previously to unlock SPvE gear for class ships as well as some other goodies. It has been largely defunct since people stopped playing SPvE (a long time ago).

This move is literally genius IMO, they used an existing in game vendor and comms system and tied it into GSF, added viable rewards (tier 9, 10 mats) to the mix, and quite possibly breathed new life not only into GSF but SPvE and Space heroics (which were costly to develop, and are not really played at all)

That's the beauty of this, not only is it what a lot of people have been asking for IE tying GSF to the ground game. It also ties SPvE to GSF in interesting ways that could be expanded on further (tutorials, maybe new mission with small gsf req daily). Assuming the vendor can accept new items it could be a really neat / easy / cheap way to add depth to the game.

Seems like with this in place they could add some of the cool glamour stuff we have been asking for, even on a reduced "tasking" (they have always got CM people churning new stuff out amirite:D)

(very excited about this, ill keep an eye on it as it develops. Thanks BW! BTW can we please get an additional GSF daily mission (like ground PvP gets? )- that is another easy / biggy on my wish list.

Edited by DamascusAdontise

Until they add an 'invert y-axis' option to PvE space missions, a significant portion of players will continue to disregard anything related to it.

I can't think of another game that doesn't have this option...it's utterly embarrassing that Bioware hasn't added this yet. Fortunately, they did for GSF.

Edited by Kalphitis

I don't know... how much is each one of these boxes exactly ? Because I've been using my excess fleet comms to buy grade 7 upgrades and put them on the GTN and they fetch rather insane prices (600k+ each) due to being so rare (the demand is probably quite low but it still sells)

A big up to everyone for doing the research.

The return on the comms seems to be reasonable - after all , an oversupply will crash prices, a steady trickle of the top 2 tiers of mats will help us all feel a little richer on the ground. I for one can't wait. Less time farming mats on PvE means more time in space. -And the lure of easy mats might spur people on to give GSF a try.

Thanks for the heads-up. Any ides when this'll be live? 2.8?

If this hits live I'm gonna go ahead and say GG to Bioware for linking GSF rewards to the rest of the game and giving people more of an incentive to play.

Even if people only play for the dailies it will increase the population and maybe the matchmaking will become more effective. I hope.....

I still have thousands of Fleet Requisition from back when I did the PvE Space Mission rep grind.

I'd recommend level 8 crafting boxes, then, but you probably already know why.

I don't think we have a problem ATTRACTING pilots. GSF is a pretty nifty feature. I think our biggest problem is RETAINING pilots after they get roflstomped a few missions in a row. The most effective change that can be made to retain new pilots, in my view, is a dramatic flattening of the entry learning curve. But under the current system, there's really no reliable way to lower the threshold without us consciously nerfing ourselves or pointedly ignoring new meat.

Guys, it may very well be up to us to fix this. -bp

(EDIT: Alternatively, there could be a way for new meat to earn weapons upgrades without having to fly, but the player community would abuse that in a heartbeat.)

Edited by Sidenti

I think the only way they could make it better would be to remove the social rank requirement from the sets. Granted most CM items are more nifty you might get that one player who does like part of the set and if that helps get people queing in GSF all the better

(I'd personally also suggest adding reputation items for the old SPvE rep vendor to the GSF rewards since that vendor/reputation pretty much died along with SPvE and giving reputation items in GSF would help to further tie it into the ground game)

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.