Nightlife Packs preview - AT-AT Walker, Orobird, rancor mounts and more!

Iwipe

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that Rancor mount about 1,000 times better than the PVP one with all the ugly, gaudy neon stripes all over its back.

HE DOESN'T MEAN IT! OKAY! HE'S LYING!

Shut up, you idiot! You'll start off a whole new thread war about this!

Edited by Darth-Rion

HK model isnt showing. I cracked a tear. HK is the one universal companion for both factions and all classes that can have so many customization possibilities it isnt even funny.
Ya know what I want put back into the game from the 2.4 PTS? Oricon Tower HK customization at the Oricon reputation vendor and the Commander Zero customization that was a chance drop in hard mode.

But no. They went through the programming to put them into the game, people got them, and then they removed them. Literally wasted man-hours that we can't reap the rewards from.

Example

So the Star Cluster and Club Vertica packs have different contents. But don't new Shipments usually start with a 4-item Pack and 6-item Pack that pull from the same pool of items?

Have they just already got some of the contents ready for the third pack in the Shipment? Or do you think they're changing things up in terms of their releases?

:D:D:DWalker Mount! Walker Mount Walker Mount! :D:D:D

Funny, I never expected the Rancor Mount to be the second most exciting mount in a preview.

Second? Im not even interested in the rancor anymore. :D

Though the AT ST is what Ive been waiting an age for, and we even have a smilie > :csw_atst:

Edited by Mowermanx

Second? Im not even interested in the rancor anymore. :D

Though the AT ST is what Ive been waiting an age for, and we even have a smilie > :csw_atst:

Not gonna happen, the AT-ST is imperial tech, which was created after the clone wars, based on walker designs used in said clone wars. So a bit too late in the timeline to show up in SWTOR ;X

And I knew there was something fishy about YOU :p

Oh you! I like to think you and I are those "friendly" Bear/Packer fans that see what we could do better every year and aren't in the hate filled other category :)

I love the new walker mount, simply awesome, but surely they cannot allow that on the fleet can they?

There needs to be a tipping point I think where the size of certain mounts prohibits their use on the fleet, not only for the horrendous lag they all cause but so we aren't riding round on them with our heads sticking out of the roof and in space!

Ok the hovering thrones and meditation bean bags are one thing, but walkers and rancors? I think they need to make some of these planetside only tbh.

Great to see some new designs in those packs though, and not just rehashed reskins, love it!

I cant help but think that rancors should never have been mounts. To me they're a wild beast too ferocious to ever be tamed. It just feels wrong to see people use rancors as mounts.

I realy like the Orobird mount. Not too big and it's different from what else we've seen so far. My trooper is too much of a gearhead to ever use beast mounts though. Would like a nice solid looking speeder with camoflage paint. Maybe with a gunmount, or even a sidecar with a droid using a mounted gun. Or instead of a sidecar make him a reargunner.

I cant help but think that rancors should never have been mounts. To me they're a wild beast too ferocious to ever be tamed. It just feels wrong to see people use rancors as mounts.

Witches of Dathomir and Darth Bane would disagree with you.

Witches of Dathomir and Darth Bane would disagree with you.
qft, rancors actually have a pretty long history of being EU mounts, generally any time a writer needed to declare "NOTICE: This character is a bad-***". :p

Seeing people on nerfs will actually be stranger, considering the analogous general silliness of eg, using a dairy cow as your steed in the Wild West.

But I guess as long as you look scruffy enough. :)

Not gonna happen, the AT-ST is imperial tech, which was created after the clone wars, based on walker designs used in said clone wars. So a bit too late in the timeline to show up in SWTOR ;X

Thing is, it doesnt have to be an "AT-ST" it can be a scout type recon walker, the tech is in this timeline, so theres nothing stopping one being introduced.

Thing is, it doesnt have to be an "AT-ST" it can be a scout type recon walker, the tech is in this timeline, so theres nothing stopping one being introduced.

Might be in your future, if they really implement the Walker like that. Right now I still kinda doubt it, somehow I can't se a mount of that size working properly oô

/edit: And since we're talking about this - the description of the item speaks of a "fast, bipedal scout walker". So... I presume the walker model in the preview is just a placeholder and you WILL get your AT-ST inspired scout. Yay!

/edit²: Reading back through your posts I apparently completely misunderstood you. My apologies. In my defense, I haven't had any sleep yet. :X

Edited by Wylf