A couple of major issues with Commando

Malckiah

When Ranked came out it changed the pvp class needs, as you then had more seasoned players planning every match. If you have played in ranked then you know that there are a couple of classes that every time get gang raped or as they say focused hard..... one of them being the Commando another Sage. Sage has the option to bubble through it, Commando has the option to die.

This is not why I am making this thread though. Recently I have noticed that when facing Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights they force leap to me and I have NO way to get distance.... concussive charge does not knock them back, my freeze does nothing, etc. So now imagine what this does in ranked. I already had no way to stay alive during heavy focus, now I have no way to even get a little distance.

Thanks.... I have now officially stopped playing my main character.

I can run away without hold the line.... but that does not assist me with the problem I have described.... it's too slow and doesn't get the distance needed quick enough

you can take the reactive shield immunity. it's 2nd tier heal spec now. lol - scratch that. been leveling mirror class and misread something. you can hold the line to break the leap root. are you complaining that they can always leap to you but not to snipers? I haven't played ranked in 2.7 yet, but traditionally, mandos are the hardest of the 3 ranged classes to burn down. however, if they're gunnery, they tend to get focused because they're easy to nullify with interrupts...respec? sages are easiest to push into bubble. snipers are fasted TTK. mandos have the best mitigation. you all still die. iunno. not quite sure what you're asking.

Edited by foxmob

I can run away without hold the line.... but that does not assist me with the problem I have described.... it's too slow and doesn't get the distance needed quick enough

Then use shockstrike to root them in place and then run away with HTL while they are sitting there rooted.

Then use shockstrike to root them in place and then run away with HTL while they are sitting there rooted.

You cant root a Guard/Jugg that is spec'd into the CC immunity after leap. Which is what the OP is talking about I guess.

And like I already said, pop HtL immediately after the leap to run away for the few seconds until you can CC the Guard/Jugg.

You can be successful with Commando in Ranked. Its just not easy.

The jugg immunity is 4 seconds. Start running and counting. When you reach 4, if they are still on you knock them back.

Or if they have 2 lightsabers you can knock them back right after they leap.

Except jugs can't do anything until the 1.5 GCD after their leap completes so they only have 2.5 seconds to actually do anything before unremitting runs out.

If they go to MS you right after the leap, you HTL out of it, and then kite them since they don't have unremitting. Conversely you can just stun or KB them in the .5 second window that Ms isn't protected.

Seriously there is no reason a Mando should ever be facetanking a melee.

Am I the only one that didn't find that all that impressive?

It's two hours of 4v4 ranked warzones, so I doubt u watched the whole thing in the 10 minutes i posted it and your reply. Previously, having a commando on ur team = automatic loss. Now, commandos have a fighting chance and can compete in 4v4s.

If you watched it, you may have also seen the concerted effort to CC the healer as opposed to the common new player's mentality of killing the healer. In addition, Commando is one of the few classes with an instant 8 second CC (Tech Overrride + CC).

Edited by ManiacDavis

Am I the only one that didn't find that all that impressive?

real mature insulting his video that you barely watched...

I have seen this guy around the fleet and in a few warzones in the past and he is very good, you can learn a lot from him if only you will drop the attitude...

It's two hours of 4v4 ranked warzones, so I doubt u watched the whole thing in the 10 minutes i posted it and your reply. Previously, having a commando on ur team = automatic loss. Now, commandos have a fighting chance and can compete in 4v4s.

If you watched it, you may have also seen the concerted effort to CC the healer as opposed to the common new player's mentality of killing the healer. Commando is now the only class with an instant 8 second CC (Tech Overrride + CC).

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fT8pWgj/flash-grenade

Not to mention saps before combat.