Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Two Things That Starwars The Old Republic Needs Badly

Gestas

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like 99% of the forum trolls and fanboys that just insta-rage when they see a topic without even reading and most importantly understanding the OP.

It's called selective dyslexia. In most cases however it's simply stupid people unable to read or spell properly, even their own language.

I think the (or I'm going back to WoW) attracted them :cool:

Edited by Lectro

Sorry, only read like the first few words of this post then rushed to respond, so I don't know what you were asking.

It looks like you're miles ahead of the competition if you read a few words considering nobody else seems to even glance at the responses to the thread before posting.

It looks like you're miles ahead of the competition if you read a few words considering nobody else seems to even glance at the responses to the thread before posting.

Oh, I'm reading every word of this thread. It's the best entertainment I've had today.

Okay that was quite amusing.

I tip my hat to you OP.

Not only did you write out a post worthy of giggles but people actually believed you were being serious.

I got a giggle out of your post and the lack of intellect on some of the posters.

All in all a great thread.

Edited by Gomla

Nope to both.:ph_disagree:

This

Im seriously seeing a real (whats the right term...) Lack of ability is a certain batch of players as it already stands with how their characters are built.

They dont understand them

They think more DPS is tactics

They dont grasp their classes

And the LAST thing this game needs is to give those players even more flexibility in playing roles they dont understand and dont utilize properly as it is.

This game is VERY EASY to level in so if you want 2 troopers, one who is a healing commando and one who is a Assualt commando,

ROLL TWO TROOPERS UP.

I, for the first time in 21 years, signed up for a 6 month period because I love this game and direction its going.

But if it did a complete 180 degree turn and started adding stuff like the OP suggests. It will stop at 6 months.

The game doesnt need to get dumber

The player base needs to get smarter and better.

I pray Bioware doesnt go the dumbing down route and sticks to its guns that QUALITY > DUMBED DOWN in terms of game design!

PS: Ive had zero problems finding a group thus far

Course I also dont stand spamming airwaves for a group (good way to get put on ignore people, which results in even less groups for you). I ask 3 times over a 15 minute period and then I move on. There is nothing in game that needs to be done this very instance!

This

Im seriously seeing a real (whats the right term...) Lack of ability is a certain batch of players as it already stands with how their characters are built.

They dont understand them

They think more DPS is tactics

They dont grasp their classes

And the LAST thing this game needs is to give those players even more flexibility in playing roles they dont understand and dont utilize properly as it is.

This game is VERY EASY to level in so if you want 2 troopers, one who is a healing commando and one who is a Assualt commando,

ROLL TWO TROOPERS UP.

I, for the first time in 21 years, signed up for a 6 month period because I love this game and direction its going.

But if it did a complete 180 degree turn and started adding stuff like the OP suggests. It will stop at 6 months.

The game doesnt need to get dumber

The player base needs to get smarter and better.

I pray Bioware doesnt go the dumbing down route and sticks to its guns that QUALITY > DUMBED DOWN in terms of game design!

PS: Ive had zero problems finding a group thus far

Course I also dont stand spamming airwaves for a group (good way to get put on ignore people, which results in even less groups for you). I ask 3 times over a 15 minute period and then I move on. There is nothing in game that needs to be done this very instance!

TL;DR

Go back to Everquest.

Dungeon finder. I noticed that there are players who are actually going out into the world to quest, socialize, explore, and group with other players; I find this extremely tedious and annoying. I think I speak for the majority when I say that we'd rather sit in a capital city all day trolling general while pressing the dungeon finder/PVP Warzone button over and over again while we wait for some 35 something-year-old basement dweller form a 40-man raid. That's what MMORPGs are all about. Just look at the very successful MMORPG Call of Duty.

Once dungeon finder is implemented, the next step is a cross-server dungeon finder. That way, we will be able to group up with people that we'll probably never see again. Who wants to establish reputation, relationships or friends in a MMORPG? I sure don't. Bioware, you should take a page out of Call of Duty on Xbox Live. You press a button and you just go. Oh, and please make sure you de-emphasize the importance of World PVP. I don't want to feel pressured into actually going out into the cold cruel world and, you know, world PVPing. That's annoying; and the capital cities are so warm and safe. Further, I need predefined and simple PVP objectives lest I get confused.

Dual specialization and cheap respecialization fees. Don't you hate it when you specialize into a certain area, gaining benefits that allow you to perform really well in a particular role, but then you're slapped in the face with a situation in which the cons of your spec become relevant? Me too. I think we should be able to get rid of those dreaded cons whenever we feel like it. I mean, seriously, what is this, Everquest? Are you trying to scare people off by making spec choice important? There should only be pros when it comes to specialization. In fact, you should rename specialization to jack of all trades.

In conclusion, if you don't shape up Bioware, I just may have to go back to WoW. Just sayin'.

*EDIT*

All you people who are against dual specs, cheap respecs, and dungeon finder need to go back to Everquest.

I forgot to mention in my original post that SWTOR also needs a re-class option. How many times have you been in a group that would have greatly benefited from the skills of a particular class that nobody was playing?

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. After all, players shouldn't be punished for choosing a class that they knew nothing about! But don't make the fee too expensive. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind-fest for money!

Restrictions = bad. They discourage experimentation, create frustration, and breed elitism!

*EDIT*

Go back to WOW!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.