• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic Gaming

8 Man NIM Bestia

Republic

6/19/2014 7:17 PM PDT

Bestia 1

Bestia 2

Are we really allowing a kill to epic gaming when they only had 3 members in the kill. ggs

There were 3 different guilds in the screenshot, Epic, FiB and Dark Hearts

Edited by raidmac

Are we really allowing a kill to epic gaming when they only had 3 members in the kill. ggs

I'm the DH guy in the pic, and I normally tank for the group on my Epic Gaming guilded guardian, but we were shuffling around for some laughs while we waited for someone. As for the FiB guys, they've been raiding with us for ages as part of Epic's B group and most have alts in guild that aren't in that image.

ironic that you bring this topic up, cause u have an outsider in your bestia kill bahaha cough cough nights radience.

Are people struggling with Bestia or have that many guilds left the game/stopped raiding? Seems weird that ~22 guilds post kills for DF and only 7(?) for DP heading towards the end of week 2.

I'm sure plenty are struggling to find people to fill a raid group to actually have legitimate attempts at it.

I'm the DH guy in the pic, and I normally tank for the group on my Epic Gaming guilded guardian, but we were shuffling around for some laughs while we waited for someone. As for the FiB guys, they've been raiding with us for ages as part of Epic's B group and most have alts in guild that aren't in that image.

I can verify this, the three that are in there from FiB do not raid in any FiB ops groups.

Edited by Selenial

Are people struggling with Bestia or have that many guilds left the game/stopped raiding? Seems weird that ~22 guilds post kills for DF and only 7(?) for DP heading towards the end of week 2.

I think another problem is that Bestia is a challenging boss compared to most recent opening nightmare bosses, Dash, The Writhing Horror and Nefra were all easy compared to Bestia. Also, even though my guild's kill did include spliffy from Night's Radiance, he is only 1 outsider compared to 5. It wasnt even a majority kill for Epic, while I understand that they were all on alts, I just dont see how it can constitute a guild kill, if anything the kill should go to FiB. If the kill is allowed it will set precedence for all future kills, and I dont want to see a kill with 7 people who are all not in the same guild claiming a guild kill.

Edited by raidmac

I don't understand the issue. 100% of the Epic gaming kill was done with Epic Gaming members who where on alts that were in different guilds. Would proof of being in the guild be better? Personally i have 16 pub toons and moving them around is a big pain in the ***, so i keep most of them in FiB cause its a good fun guild that has been around along time. My main ops toon is in Epic and has been since mid-NiM DF, the other 3 that were on alts had been in Epic Gaming since the merger with It's Pugable, i think around the time they did Hateful together.

I think its unfortunate that we have to result to discrediting kills on our server. It's also unfortunate that during our alt swapping to get the group running this past Thursday, most of us ended up outside of Epic Gaming. However, according to the comments below by Cammack, as long as we verify that all members in the kill have alts in Epic Gaming this is considered as guild kill. Also, as long as each member of this kill is of course only locked to this groups kill and no other guilds kill.

Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post

Quick question on pug rules. If a member of my guild has an alt in another guild and that alt is part of our guild does it count as a guild kill? (probably only relevant for us on 16 man). I can see both sides of it since it's hard to verify/toon truly not in guild, but it's also not a pug. Worth getting clarity in advance.

Good question. That will count as a guild kill, as long as you can prove it. Just have them post a picture of their legacy window if anyone tries to challenge the legitimacy of your kill.

For example, lets say I had an alt creatively named Denchetalt. Lets assume this alt is in Chatos Paladins. If Tatooine Royal Navy then clears content with Denchetalt, they would still get credit, even though Denchetalt is in another guild. To prove it, I would log in on Denchet, open my legacy window, take a screenshot showing that Denchetalt is also my character, and post it here. I hope that makes sense... I know its kind of confusing.

I can say with certainty that:

1. Dr-manguido (Dark Hearts) is my tanking partner in Epic Gaming and needed to switch to his heals since our other healer was going to be late to ops by about 1.5 hours.

2. Chermy (Force in Balance) was asked to tank in place of Manguido. Chermy's vg is not locked to any guilds progression but Epic Gamings and has a character in Epic Gaming that transferred over when Epic Gaming absorbed It's Pugable.

3. Mumakill (Force in Balance) is an alt of Olos'nah whose main raid toon is in Epic Gaming. Just to make Bestia easier for us we asked him to dps on his vanguard for his off-taunt.

4. Nadiusha (Force in Balance) has is main toons in Epic Gaming, he choose to keep his gunslinger in Force in Balance since he has friends from the old Shadows of Kresh guild in Force in Balance and still plays with them. But this toon has been locked to this group since DF/DP HM.

5. Cpaul (Force in Balance) is the only character in the ops group that, at the time of the kill, did not have a toon in guild. This was his trial run for our group. However, this toon is still not locked to any other guilds progression but ours. He did move his mando over to Epic Gaming after we had called ops for the night.

This is an Epic Gaming progression group, you can ask any of the "Force in Balance" members in the group. As it is Epic Gaming that leads the group, ops mats are sent to Epic Gaming's Guild bank and its loot goes to Epic Gaming toons. If we need to verify the first four members alts in guild to prove the legitimacy of the guild kill, then we will do so.

Edited by MasterAtreides

I think its unfortunate that we have to result to discrediting kills on our server. It's also unfortunate that during our alt swapping to get the group running this past Thursday, most of us ended up outside of Epic Gaming. However, according to the comments below by Cammack, as long as we verify that all members in the kill have alts in Epic Gaming this is considered as guild kill. Also, as long as each member of this kill is of course only locked to this groups kill and no other guilds kill.

I can say with certainty that:

1. Dr-manguido (Dark Hearts) is my tanking partner in Epic Gaming and needed to switch to his heals since our other healer was going to be late to ops by about 1.5 hours.

2. Chermy (Force in Balance) was asked to tank in place of Manguido. Chermy's vg is not locked to any guilds progression but Epic Gamings and has a character in Epic Gaming that transferred over when Epic Gaming absorbed It's Pugable.

3. Mumakill (Force in Balance) is an alt of Olos'nah whose main raid toon is in Epic Gaming. Just to make Bestia easier for us we asked him to dps on his vanguard for his off-taunt.

4. Nadiusha (Force in Balance) has is main toons in Epic Gaming, he choose to keep his gunslinger in Force in Balance since he has friends from the old Shadows of Kresh guild in Force in Balance and still plays with them. But this toon has been locked to this group since DF/DP HM.

5. Cpaul (Force in Balance) is the only character in the ops group that, at the time of the kill, did not have a toon in guild. This was his trial run for our group. However, this toon is still not locked to any other guilds progression but ours. He did move his mando over to Epic Gaming after we had called ops for the night.

This is an Epic Gaming progression group, you can ask any of the "Force in Balance" members in the group. As it is Epic Gaming that leads the group, ops mats are sent to Epic Gaming's Guild bank and its loot goes to Epic Gaming toons. If we need to verify the first four members alts in guild to prove the legitimacy of the guild kill, then we will do so.

Works for me

We've killed it I just don't think anyone took a screenshot :cool:

I do agree with what Thor said about it being more challenging than previous first bosses, but I don't think that's the main factor in lack of kill posts. I can't speak for others but since this is the last "content" we'll likely see for several months I'm in no huge rush this time around. I'd say you're probably just seeing people take it a bit easier this round of progression. I could also see it being more difficult for people due to summer vacations, etc.

In any case, grats on all the kills so far and good luck to all on whatever bosses you have left :)

We've killed it I just don't think anyone took a screenshot :cool:

I do agree with what Thor said about it being more challenging than previous first bosses, but I don't think that's the main factor in lack of kill posts. I can't speak for others but since this is the last "content" we'll likely see for several months I'm in no huge rush this time around. I'd say you're probably just seeing people take it a bit easier this round of progression. I could also see it being more difficult for people due to summer vacations, etc.

In any case, grats on all the kills so far and good luck to all on whatever bosses you have left :)

Yea I agree with the both of you, Bestia is what every instance first boss should be IMO. And I should have realised you guys had a kill, I was watching your Tyrans pulls for a bit the other day.

I don't mean my previous comment to be bait/trolling if anyone interpreted it as that, I just had my *** handed to me three pulls in a row trying to kite Raptus on 350-400ms and I was a bit tired so I kept it short lol.

Gratz to Phobos and all others that got kills.