Dread Fortress (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is inaccurate, those guilds who spent the past month or so practicing on the PTS IMO and others opinions are automatically disqualified from any of the world first or server first catagories. Those who waited until the actual release to first try the nightmare are the true first. Spending all that practice time on PTS doing it has pushed groups recorded amount of time spent way over the amount of time it actually has taken groups who waited for the real release to try. So show me ur true skills and lets see how long it has truly taken some of you to down this.

This is inevitably brought up every time there is a world first thread, and falls apart due to the current structure. The only way your system would work is if an exact 8 player raid group was tracked without group comp changes, as well as attempt amounts and time spent, across pts and live. Since this is currently not in place, and likely won't be, just be happy there are guilds showing you strats you can use in the future. Otherwise lobby Bioware to change the system and track everything. Gratz to seven stuck on the kill. We all look forward to seeing the video.

This is rather sad. Literally one day and it is already done and over with. Curious why BW doesn't just make a gear check so rough in the instance that it requires you to have most of the gear from previous bosses, instead of just being able to not worry about anything and rush. Well this for sure turned me off this game and on to Wildstar.

This whole thread is inaccurate, those guilds who spent the past month or so practicing on the PTS IMO and others opinions are automatically disqualified from any of the world first or server first catagories. Those who waited until the actual release to first try the nightmare are the true first. Spending all that practice time on PTS doing it has pushed groups recorded amount of time spent way over the amount of time it actually has taken groups who waited for the real release to try. So show me ur true skills and lets see how long it has truly taken some of you to down this.

this would be true if only selected guilds have pts access. as long as everyone is able to practice on pts, nobody has an advantage.

I didn't follow the NiM SnV race very close, but I did watch a lot of the TfB race. Outside of the the second boss there it was a similarly 'easy' to clear. Pretty sure DnT cleared everything pretty quickly after HMing past DGs. At that time most of the community complained about the Dread Guard fight, called it 'mathematically impossible' and asked for a nerf. Now, things are too easy. I'd imagine it's a pretty tough line to walk for developers.

Very few guilds on my server spent time on the PTS(and not much time for those that did) and the race is progressing at a slower pace. To say the fights are easy is a bit disingenuous. I doubt that had everyone gone in blind yesterday that we would have seen 4/5 happen so quickly.

Well, here we go.

Our time is GMT +1 (Spain), we are a spanish social guild from The Progenitor, the RP-PVE EU server.

Guild Name : Guardianes de la Paz

Guild Website (If you have one): guardianesdelapaz.enjin.com

Server: The Progenitor

Region: EU

A link to the verification screenshot for each boss you have defeated.

http://i.imgur.com/Rk4J2AJ.jpg?1[/img]"]http://i.imgur.com/Rk4J2AJ.jpg?1

Thanks for the post, we will continue with DF Nm, since we are not a guild of hard raiders, I'm sure that this new content will be a challenge for us.

Good luck for all.

Here is our stuff Furi. Got a little late last night and I wasn't able to post

Guild Name: Suckafish

Guild Website: http://suckafish.enjin.com/

Server: Bastion

Region: US West

Nefra

Draxxus

Grob'Thok

Corrupter Zero

Gratz to SS on their World 1st. Other than us, I was hoping either you guys or DiLiH would get the world first kill because there are some guilds out there that just don't deserve that kind of accomplishment.

Edited by Iggyemu

Other than us, I was hoping either you guys or DiLiH would get the world first kill because there are some guilds out there that just don't deserve that kind of accomplishment.

Whoever gets world first deserves the accomplishment, that statement comes off a little arrogant. Many guilds tested the operation on the PTS and put many hours into it, every guild that is competitive had all of their toons ready on live for the progression race, it all started on equal footing, so why do "some other guilds not deserve it"?

Gratz to SS on their World 1st. Other than us, I was hoping either you guys or DiLiH would get the world first kill because there are some guilds out there that just don't deserve that kind of accomplishment.

World 1st isn't something a guild deserves. Its something a guild achieves.

Whoever gets world first deserves the accomplishment, that statement comes off a little arrogant. Many guilds tested the operation on the PTS and put many hours into it, every guild that is competitive had all of their toons ready on live for the progression race, it all started on equal footing, so why do "some other guilds not deserve it"?

You are naive if you think everyone started on "equal footing". That's all I'll say on the matter.

Why, everyone had their toon's in min/maxed full 78, everyone put copious amounts of hours into PTS testing, the only thing I get from your post is "not equal footing" because of time zone differences. Gear wise and preparation wise, everyone was the same.

Anyway that wasn't the point of my post, you said that some guilds don't deserve the accomplishment and I'm just curious as to why you think only DiLiH, SS, and Suckafish should be "the guild" to get World first?

Why, everyone had their toon's in min/maxed full 78, everyone put copious amounts of hours into PTS testing, the only thing I get from your post is "not equal footing" because of time zone differences. Gear wise and preparation wise, everyone was the same.

Anyway that wasn't the point of my post, you said that some guilds don't deserve the accomplishment and I'm just curious as to why you think only DiLiH, SS, and Suckafish should be "the guild" to get World first?

It's called guild hostility. Everyone has it. Hatred also has guilds we hoped didn't get first. I'd assume the same for DnT, Dilih or even seven struck.

Just because he says he doesn't think other guilds deserve the world first means his opinion has any weight on it.

Edited by mastirkal

What kind of arrogant comment is this? If its not you or other guilds you like they don't deserve it? What prevented you from earning world first and what in your eyes makes a guild "deserve" world first? Do you have to spend 100+ hours wiping face on a boss to "deserve" it?

The fights in DF aren't even hard with the exception of the final phase of Brontes that requires a very good understanding of mechanics and raid awareness.

I have respect for Suckafish but this comment is so unnecessary.

Grats on world first and to all guilds who down Brontes.

who knows it sounds kind of weird, apparently they judge who deserves and who had "more opportunity"... their posts sounds more like they dont like certain guilds and making an excuse on why they lost.

7 stuck won it, they deserve it and achieved it, the rest who are behind them, all of them deserve it just as much and are trying hard. that's about it.

the only important topic on this matter is how the **** bioware makes us wait 8 months for a 1 day long content, **** that

It's called guild hostility. Everyone has it. Hatred also has guilds we hoped didn't get first. I'd assume the same for DnT, Dilih or even seven struck.

Just because he says he doesn't think other guilds deserve the world first means his opinion has any weight on it.

thats not true, dont speak in the name of "My Guild" in general... we didnt want anyone to win, we wanted to win. everyone deserve it just as much and honestly me or our guild have anything special against anyone to come judge who deserve it, so thats your personal opinion :)

the only important topic on this matter is how the **** bioware makes us wait 8 months for a 1 day long content, **** that

Agreed, extremely disappointing indeed, race is over within 24 hours after months of waiting, with no change from latest PTS build, no damage buffs, HP buffs, not an enrage timer in sight. I was hoping for at least some weeks of farming some gear to be able to meet the numbers to clear the raid. But oh well, that's it now until the end of June and DP NiM comes along.

Anyway yeah, big gratz to Seven Stuck, well deserved!