Bioware Lied to us?

ZahirS

She is calling me sith :rolleyes:

Maybe Im taking this too seriously, I just think whoever wrote the dialogs was notthinking on Strong people, most are underwater helping, Bashing the enemy (Lightside:rolleyes:) or completely "stop now in the name of good" which isn't heroic at all.

A hero speaks strong, because you have to be strong to protect the weak right..also the NPCs have really weird missions like feeding on violence to fix things, not really giving a big picture of what your doing, then you see Alderaan poart of the Jedi storyline...there finally you start feeling heroic, until your dialogs come up I remember one dialog that said "who are you people", dull response 1, dull response 2" as to make you choose "who are you people?.....I mean Im a fricking noble in life, I dont need that option...so I have to pick the dull one.

Really somewhing not check out, maybe its aimed to create a dull heros IDK

Wow....This is the most idiotic, elitest, narrow-minded, unintelligent thing I've ever read lol. You want to talk about yourself personally? Ok. Your morals are messed up, which is why the game decisions (based on the morals of most normal people) don't make sense. Good day.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....This is the most idiotic, elitest, narrow-minded, unintelligent thing I've ever read lol. You want to talk about yourself personally? Ok. Your morals are messed up, which is why the game decisions (based on the morals of most normal people) don't make sense. Good day.

Get used to it its the norm now.

I might be wrong about it, but need some feedback from you guys, do you think dialog options are right?

Edited by ZahirS

The dialogue options are fine. There are plenty of fun and interesting options on both the light and dark side.

Ok you are right.

Sorry for this thread, think I was wrong, the game is fine.

Not sure, what got into me

/possessed emote

/thread

Honor? Honor won't feed my belly nor shoe my horse.

Honor is an abstract concept, usually emphasized by the rulers to keep their subjects in place. The moment the metal meets the meat there's only one honor: victory. And for that there's only one principle: exitus acta probat

In the entire history of mankind those who fight honorably have never won a conflict against those who didn't.

Same in Star Wars. The Mandalorians were beaten down how before KOTOR? Because Revan and a few who dared essentially abandoned the Jedi approach to warfare, because it was inefficient and outright stupid.

Honor? Honor won't feed my belly nor shoe my horse.

Honor is an abstract concept, usually emphasized by the rulers to keep their subjects in place. The moment the metal meets the meat there's only one honor: victory. And for that there's only one principle: exitus acta probat

In the entire history of mankind those who fight honorably have never won a conflict against those who didn't.

Same in Star Wars. The Mandalorians were beaten down how before KOTOR? Because Revan and a few who dared essentially abandoned the Jedi approach to warfare, because it was inefficient and outright stupid.

I have to disagree with your opinion on honor.

I understand your sentiment but I love the quote:

"Better to fail with honor than succeed with fraud"

As an ex infantry soldier I can assure you battles have been won with honor.

I have to disagree with your opinion on honor.

I understand your sentiment but I love the quote:

"Better to fail with honor than succeed with fraud"

As an ex infantry soldier I can assure you battles have been won with honor.

I'm anti-military to the core and I completely agree with this post. 150%.

Having done martial arts off and on for the past 6 years or so, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing you can defeat your opponent and knowing they may not play fair, but you can still kick their asses based on your own skill. While it is good to know your enemy is never going to fight fair, knowing you do shows character. It takes fortitude to stand still. It takes strength to play the game as it is played.

In fact the entire ethos of Samurai, and why they are considered among the greatest fighters of their age, was about honor and that there was glory in not needing to cheat to win. That you would not kill a defenseless opponent and that letting them live was a mark of superiority. And that in their dishonor, they have nothing to live for and thus they kill themselves. They had great respect for their opponents and like many warriors of their era, there was a sense of chivalry that was lost in the passing of time and the spreading of the human gene pool as it expanded and people began to eat each other in ways that are just disgusting, and thus most people became disgusting.

So it is really fascinating to see still there are those out there willing to fight with honor, respect, and decency. While most discard them in war, what you said is very true:

Always better to die with dignity than win through false pretense.

I'm anti-military to the core and I completely agree with this post. 150%.

Having done martial arts off and on for the past 6 years or so, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing you can defeat your opponent and knowing they may not play fair, but you can still kick their asses based on your own skill. While it is good to know your enemy is never going to fight fair, knowing you do shows character. It takes fortitude to stand still. It takes strength to play the game as it is played.

In fact the entire ethos of Samurai, and why they are considered among the greatest fighters of their age, was about honor and that there was glory in not needing to cheat to win. That you would not kill a defenseless opponent and that letting them live was a mark of superiority. And that in their dishonor, they have nothing to live for and thus they kill themselves. They had great respect for their opponents and like many warriors of their era, there was a sense of chivalry that was lost in the passing of time and the spreading of the human gene pool as it expanded and people began to eat each other in ways that are just disgusting, and thus most people became disgusting.

So it is really fascinating to see still there are those out there willing to fight with honor, respect, and decency. While most discard them in war, what you said is very true:

Always better to die with dignity than win through false pretense.

Thanks, I do value honor, duty and love as my core. So Yes we all make mistakes but sometimes only love can redeem you and you make up for it.

I think Samurai were too severe and militarisitc for my taste, but like the idea a Ronin or One that lost his honor to redeem himself I find that facinating. I though prefer Arabian wisdom, because I find love more important than war.

Most often I hit 'escape' before the conversation is over and jump between the three options. Sometimes I just get the feels for the situation and just 'whatever man' go with it. If you're looking for Mass Effect conversation wheels, good luck.

I think you need to read an actual book on Samurai sometime. While many of the concepts of Bushido are lofty enough, the Samurai's actual adherence to them was sketchy at best, and plenty of Samurai were little more than armed thugs with the implicit right to kill anybody below their station for just about any reason and call it honorable.

The history of Samurai, much like Knights and Chivalry has been romanticized greatly in popular culture, but most of it is little more than fairy tales and revisionism.

Edited by jedip_enguin

Get used to it its the norm now.

I might be wrong about it, but need some feedback from you guys, do you think dialog options are right?

The dialogue options are fine.

Your sense of morals and honor are messed up tho.

I don't know any way to say that nicely, so I'll just say it right out.

Also, YOUR morals and YOUR sense of honor is not at all important when playing a Jedi since it's all about THEIR morals and THEIR honor.

You want to feel like a Jedi when playing one or like whatever hero you think you need to be?

Because unless you play it with the first option in mind, you'll be collecting dark side points.

Jedi are essentially warrior monks.

They seek no glory or riches or even aknowledgment.

They only seek to follow their code and help people when they can.

I think you need to read an actual book on Samurai sometime. While many of the concepts of Bullshido are lofty enough, the Samurai's actual adherence to them was sketchy at best, and plenty of Samurai were little more than armed thugs with the implicit right to kill anybody below their station for just about any reason and call it honorable.

The history of Samurai, much like Knights and Chivalry has been romanticized greatly in popular culture, but most of it is little more than fairy tales and revisionism.

Yup, there are plenty of accounts of samurai cutting down peasants for accidentally bumping into them on crowded streets and the like.

Hardly honorable behaviour.

To OP:

I find the game fun with the dialogue level as it sets everyone apart. I have played many class stories and found many things to point out

1. Class stories are played out differently when you go good or bad. Without spoiling anything I found myself playing good as a trooper and saw a lot of my story act out differently with the few comments now and then like I know you what you mean but you can't be disobeying my orders, I will deal with the effects but in the end we do the things we do so no one else has to. When I went bad and followed the orders the quest giver gave me a pat in the back but at the same time I felt so guilty for what I just did even having a few reminders of the action when I went further down the quest line.

When I played the Empire I found the same thing , a few NPCs did deserve the saber in the face from time to time but I found myself wanting to go back and give them a chance and when I went with another play through I saw at the end of the story arc that things were different like someone that I killed in the dark side was there in the good side offering a few words of what I was surprise to hear as "thank you"

2. The flashpoints are sweet for the dialogue as many times I find myself wanting to open an airlock to give a few guys some fresh air but for some reason I just couldn't and when finally having a someone pull the trigger for me to see the scene , I did enjoy it but also felt like I wanted to shove the player out the airlock too for his actions.

The dialogue feeling for good and bad is different for everyone like in real life some of us like being trolls and jerks while others are willing to say good morning and talk to you even though you have no clue who the hell they are. For one thing I have to give a +1 to it's bioware's idea of choice and what I love so much about TOR is that option instead of walking into a quest with no option to say " YOU SHALL FALL TO MY FEET AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR TASTE MY SABER THROUGH YOUR HEART"...I love when I don't kill them and they are shocked lol

The whole point to the dialogue wheel and the light and dark decisions aren't what YOU would find right or wrong with the situation, but what your CHARACTER finds right or wrong. Last I checked no one here is actually an imperial agent or a jedi knight. You're supposed to role play your character (whether on a true role play server or not) how THEY would behave, not how YOU would behave.

If you think in that vain, then the choices they make or you click on makes better sense. In my legacy tree all people who are related are light side characters and anyone I want to be dark and evil are 'friends' and not related.

Besides, this is a game for fun and entertainment. If the light sided option was to open the airlock to jettison the Imperials out and you wanna be light then that's the moral high road for that character even if YOU don't agree.

The whole point to the dialogue wheel and the light and dark decisions aren't what YOU would find right or wrong with the situation, but what your CHARACTER finds right or wrong. Last I checked no one here is actually an imperial agent or a jedi knight. You're supposed to role play your character (whether on a true role play server or not) how THEY would behave, not how YOU would behave.

Yep. I find it strange, how the SW morality is so narrowly defined. Getting married/falling in love leads to the Dark Side? Who are they kidding? Sometimes, it's only by falling in love that a person can learn to consider the rights and needs of others - by finally finding the one person that s/he would put before him or herself.

Personal opinion doesn't make a difference though, when your character is going through the quests. It's the in character opinions and knowledge that matter. Not our out of character ones.

We have a range of information to draw on that they don't. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the "Revanites" on DK don't know the names of even half his companions. And, starting out, I'd bet that even most Sith don't know who Gav and Jori Daragon or Ludo Kressh were. Or, for that matter, who this Ajunta Pall was - beyond that person they built a tomb for. (If they bother to think about it, they probably assume he was a she. Datacrons later, of course, but still.)

Yep. I find it strange, how the SW morality is so narrowly defined. Getting married/falling in love leads to the Dark Side? Who are they kidding? Sometimes, it's only by falling in love that a person can learn to consider the rights and needs of others - by finally finding the one person that s/he would put before him or herself.

Personal opinion doesn't make a difference though, when your character is going through the quests. It's the in character opinions and knowledge that matter. Not our out of character ones.

We have a range of information to draw on that they don't. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the "Revanites" on DK don't know the names of even half his companions. And, starting out, I'd bet that even most Sith don't know who Gav and Jori Daragon or Ludo Kressh were. Or, for that matter, who this Ajunta Pall was - beyond that person they built a tomb for. (If they bother to think about it, they probably assume he was a she. Datacrons later, of course, but still.)

It is against the jedi code to marry. so choosing that is betraying the code = dark side.

Choosing to do somethign for others and not for power is more light than dark hence light side.

It isn't so much good/evil right/wrong as it is greedy/selfless.

There are instances where light/dark are counter intuitive that you are betraying your cause by doing something right, and thus getting dark side points.

If you think in that vain, then the choices they make or you click on makes better sense. In my legacy tree all people who are related are light side characters and anyone I want to be dark and evil are 'friends' and not related.

Besides, this is a game for fun and entertainment. If the light sided option was to open the airlock to jettison the Imperials out and you wanna be light then that's the moral high road for that character even if YOU don't agree.

Actually...you're "supposed" to play however you want to play.

My JK character is based on myself...so all the choices made are the choices I believe I would make in that situation (with the choices given).

Roleplaying our own actions into the game is no different than roleplaying the actions of some random character you decided to make.

Edited by VitalityPrime