What character(s) are you going to level this weekend?

teclado

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am torn, actually. I have a Lvl 29 going on 30 Twi'lek & Lvl 13 Pure-blood SW. I would love to advance either of them as far as I can towards 50, because I want both races unlocked, but on the other hand I really do not want to play past the story or play too much and get tired of the game.

Level 15 on the Sith will allow me to use a speeder, re-equip and get closer to acquiring a Romantic Interest. On the other hand, I don't think I stand a chance to finish leveling the Sith before sub expiry in August, so I don't know if I should just abandon her and replay the class story later, with a different race, so I don't waste time.

Twi'lek has a better chance to advance to level 50 before my subscription expires, and it is a must have race for me.

So, it is a huge temptation, but I simply can't figure out what I want.

Edited by DomiSotto

Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor the two class stories I have not yet finished. level 22 and 13 respectively now. How those guys burn through "ALL" of the game content is beyond me. I've been subscribed since release and still have 2 class stories to go.

I hope to finally get my lvl 34 sage to 55 so I can do the Korriban FP when it's released. All my characters are Imps but I have wanted a FP on Korriban since release, pretty stoked.

How come so many people avoid the double xp? Crowds? Trying to level slower?

I want to have a chance to take my time with as many sidequests as I can (get them each at least once at some point or another) so I know I don't want to rush my Republic characters too much. (I have taken Marauder, Operative, Assassin , Powertech and Mercenary to 54-55 but my highest Republic characters are a 38 Guardian and a 35 Sage and they both need to start Balmorra when I get to them again.) I find it to be pretty easy to get overleveled without double xp anyway. (My Imperials pretty much all reached 50 somewhere around Hoth or Belsavis.)

I don't mind being overleveled and having an easy time with it. I don't care so much about a lack of challenge. It just starts to seem kind of silly to keep doing everything at that point so I run just class quests + main planet quest line (or even just class quests alone) for a planet or two to even things out for when I arrive at the planet after that. (And then just from doing all the sidequests on that planet, even without double xp, I'll probably be over again for the planet after that.)

Getting at least one character on my underplayed faction at or near 55 sooner so I can experience the new content for both factions is a compelling argument though... (Although I'm not exactly a "I MUST PLAY IT ALL NOOOOOWWW!!!" kind of player anyway. I've only ever tried one operation (one of the 50s, forget which, while I had a character 50-54 to queue into it with group finder) unless event bosses count (and even then I've only tried the one for the Gree event once or twice and I didn't get a chance to try the one for the Rakghoul event) and I still haven't gotten around to trying either of the CZ-198 flashpoints.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

It's funny, I often look forward to these weekends but then I make real life plans without thinking about it. This weekend is no different (Saturday is booked solid). With the limited time I will have, I will probably finally finish off the Imperial Makeb storyline with my bounty hunter (she's level 53). If I have any time left over I have a newish gunslinger at level 26 and a long standing sith assassin at level 36. Edited by psandak

Since my Sage hitted 55 yesterday I'll propably work on my Gunslinger and Scoundrel. (Pretty boring to see same story twice but I love Slinger playstyle and scoundrel is ehm, for my guild)

If there is still time I'll propably lvl my baby mando

After having 12 level 55 characters already I am very much an end game player and I dislike leveling, infact double xp is almost the only time I spend leveling anymore, and it is always rushing through quests and a lot of spacebarring. That said I plan to level my Gunslinger to 55 this time around, which will bring me to having every Republic advanced class at level 55.

My Tankassin who is mid-30's will be getting some well overdue attention this weekend. Should get to mid 40's.

He has x10 25% bonus XP in his bags aswell!! kinda hoping they stack, (100 + 25%) *2 = 250% sounds great

Probably going to focus on Powertech/Mercenary or Gunslinger. Other than that I try to get as many characters as I can closer to level 30 or higher before double XP ends. After that if there's still time I continue focusing on class that I enjoy playing the most.

I have been thinking about this for awhile now. I think I've narrowed it down to:

1) Get the commando from 47-50.

2) Get the sentinel from 32-50

3) Get the operative as far as I can, currently lvl 15.

4) Maybe give my PvP server shadow some love.

I wish there were more of these things. I really do.

Most of my characters that aren't at the level cap have ended up horribly overlevelled as it is. I think it was due to me going a bit overboard on the plague event, and playing it to death. So I think I might just give SWTOR a miss over the weekend.

The only exception is my smuggler, though, who is pretty much on-level. I don't do much other than the class story with her (just can't get my head around the idea of her loyally doing stuff to help the Republic, it just isn't how I imagine the character). So I suppose a bit of time on her wouldn't hurt, as it would stop her falling behind.

Well, since I am more of a 1 character to go kind of fella, I am leveling my not-too-often-played scoundrel... I mainly want to level it to 40 and then do the story missions so that I can complete chapter 2 and get the crit buff for all my characters.

I recently got the consular lvl 37 and completed chapter 2 for the buff... it was one of the most painful things to do as I hate leveling after going endgame with another character, though still a bit fun to do sometimes.

And maybe go with my lvl 27 merc to 40 for chapter 2 as well for the endurance buff....

(one of the things I don't like about leveling is that, other then the Jedi Knight and Sith warrior story lines, I don't like the story lines at all)

I'll avoid playing any of my chars that are still 50 and below as I don't like to outlvl stuff (doing grey quests just doesn't hold any satisfaction for me), but I have 3 chars on Makeb who are 52, 53 and 54 respectively and I might max those out during the we.

That said, I'm baffled as well that BW couldn't implement something as seemingly simple as an opt out button. I like to do all of the quests with every char I create and also enjoy decking them out with the newest crafted stuff from my other chars so they'll always deliver a top notch performance in FPs and WZs where it might be necessary to carry lesser geared players. Double XP makes keeping up with gear too much of a hassle and the amount of insufficiently geared characters I encounter in group content rises dramaticly.

I missed the last two Double XP weekends because of RL. I am looking forward to leveling my IA this weekend and enjoying the story.

if I could opt out of it.

There is an opt out button. Every computer has one, it turns the power off.