My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

LOL, by now you should have figured out what spec you wanna play!

I've had to change a grand total of twice so far and doing just fine. And only did that many times because I knew the system allowed it, if not I'd still be fine if not optimal for a couple levels! :D

Ugh, these responses are so pathetic.

It has little to do with indecision, but rather the needs of the group. Your group of friends may not have a healer this evening, and since your class can heal (though you're normally DPS spec) you can respec to help them do a flashpoint. Or vice-vera, perhaps you have an influx of Healers online at the moment, and not enough DPS to take the bosses down before they enrage. One of the healers could respec to be DPS for the flashpoint.

It's about helping out the group. Some people prefer to be selfless and help others out where needed when they can.

Edited by Strongfort

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, these responses are so pathetic.

It has little to do with indecision, but rather the needs of the group. Your group of friends may not have a healer this evening, and since your class can heal (though you're normally DPS spec) you can respec to help them do a flashpoint. Or vice-vera, perhaps you have an influx of Healers online at the moment, and not enough DPS to take the bosses down before they enrage. One of the healers could respec to be DPS for the flashpoint.

It's about helping out the group. Some people prefer to be selfless and help others out where needed when they can.

Dual-spec would be nice, just like a same-server-only LFG/LFD tool (x-server just means dealing with douchebags who know they'll never see you again and will roll need on everything).

It seems to be bugged... in very strange ways lol

The respeccing cost is suppose to reset after not being used for a week or so... but it not always happens. I have a 50sorc (my 1st and main char) and I respec like alot of time to test out things, different pvp builds, some pve builds and for me it bugged and 1.3k per respec, yesterday I done 3 or 4 respeces from full heal to hybrid heal to full dps etc. All the time 1.3k cost... While I also lvl a juggernaut, respeced him total of 2 times, once from vengance tree to tank tree, than made a small mistake so 2nd respec, now at lvl44 I wanted to respec to Rage, to try out the "favored" by most tree, but my respec cost is 46k... and I havent respec this char for uh 7 days or more... :D So go figure on one char i respec 2-3 times on daily basis and im stuck on 1.3k cost, on other I done it 2 times n my cost is 46k lol... doesnt make much sense to me, but lately not much things in swtor do... :)

Edited by Qber

I believe the respec cost is bugged atm.

I have respec'd my Shadow one time. That was a week and a half ago. Yesterday I went to move around some talent points in the hopes I'd see better combat performance.

The respec would have cost me 1.2k (A drop in the bucket.) But then I remembered reading how costs are supposed to reset after a week back down to 0 credit cost.

Anyone else having this issue?

The problem that Bioware are faced with, along with anyone else running an MMO, is the possibility of inflation.

SWG fans will know what I'm talking about!

My guess is that currently Bioware are being overly cautious about the amount of money coming in and going out of the game for this reason, hence some costs being crazily high!

Hence:

Respec costs

GTM commissions

Skills (and having to purchase upgrades?!)

Repairs

Companion mission/gathering

Space flight fuel

Automated

etc.

I would rather see this than see billions upon billions of credits being pumped into the game and left floating around!

I believe the respec cost is bugged atm.

I have respec'd my Shadow one time. That was a week and a half ago. Yesterday I went to move around some talent points in the hopes I'd see better combat performance.

The respec would have cost me 1.2k (A drop in the bucket.) But then I remembered reading how costs are supposed to reset after a week back down to 0 credit cost.

Anyone else having this issue?

Do the respec. In the chat window you will see that the respec actually costs 0 (the message prompt that told you the 1.2k price is bugged). You will also notice that you don't lose any credits.

This happens all the time. If you know you haven't respecced in over 7 days, then you will have a free respec + respec cost reset regardless of what the game says.

Why do you need to respec more than once per week? I understand why you want to, but I'm not getting how this is an issue that hinders gameplay. Questing isn't that much slower as a healer. There's less down time between pulls. Get your dps companions some gear and mow through things like the rest of us.

And you dont' have to heal hard modes if you want to play a dps spec.

It's not about helping the group. The group could find a healer. Are you saying that there are times where you're the only healer at level cap on the server? Then it's an issue with population, not respec costs. You respec because you want to run the flashpoint and you figure respecing to healer is the path of least resistance. If you're actually stopping whatever activity you're doing in the game to respec to healing to heal an instance tha tyou otherwise would not have run, well then that's your problem. Why should respecs be less expensive because you're willing to please others at your own expense in a virtual world?

There's just no real reason to reduce costs. I understand that some people have this attitude towards class roles and want to bend over backwards for friends, but that isn't a reason for changing the game system.

If you want to respec more than once a week, it's going to cost money.

I leveled my Agent as a healer, it wasn't slow, it was just as fast as my Guardian tank

Healer's have better damage than tanks, use your damage skills and use a damage companion. Can do damage for a bit then let aggro fall onto your companion and heal them

Edited by FalcoLombardi

Summary of this thread

Con: Players, who want to FORCE others to stick with 1 spec.

Pro: Players that want flexibility and the possibility of changing between specs without having to spend fortunes.

To all the people who are against respeccing: Some people actually like to play pvp AND pve, stop being selfish and give the people the ability to easily switch between specs instead of having to spend fortunes. If you want to roleplay, fine, others do not, stop forcing your type of gameplay on others.

Edited by Sharangir

Summary of this thread

Con: Players, who want to FORCE others to stick with 1 spec.

Pro: Players that want flexibility and the possibility of changing between specs without having to spend fortunes.

To all the people who are against respeccing: Some people actually like to play pvp AND pve, stop being selfish and give the people the ability to easily switch between specs instead of having to spend fortunes. If you want to roleplay, fine, others do not, stop forcing your type of gameplay on others.

Ya but how do you think the hardocre pvp player feels. Heres this guy who stick with a pvp build at the sacrfice of pve because hes dedicated to pvp.

But ofcourse everyone wants everything. They want to be good at pve and pvp they want it all. Dps and healer... F the ones who dedicate themsevles to a certain playstyle. Lets just have everyone the same.....

Sorry i dont like communism.

if i'm not mistaken BW has stated that dual spec will be in the game.

those that don't like it, don't use it.. simple (though you probably will, why gimp yourself by not?)

OP: I have a 50 sorc healer, and had zero problem leveling.

Edited by Stadulator

I have a merc healer and a sorc healer. I have no issue leveling "slow" I hardly EVER have a down time with my healers. Merc I just make sure I don't go over 40 heats while healing (easy) and my sorc I just keep my force at a nice level (around 50%) and regen pretty quick from one group to another.

Everyone is missing the point of why it cost to re-spec. In other words, why charge people fake money/credits in the first place? It's not like charging to re-spec. really impacts the economy in the game...its not going to other players but to BW.

Well, it comes down to a simple equation: Playing time equals money, real money! Specifically, it takes real time to replenish the credits that you spent to re-spec. Although probably not a substantial amount of time, it still takes time. Real time, aggregated over the entire subscription base, equals more time playing overall. More time playing overall means longer subscription times. Longer subscription times means more income generated for BW. Now I don't begrudge them in making as much profit as possible, but they should have done it by increasing the enjoyment of the game rather then by going down the old cynical road that other MMO's have taken. Also, the issue of inflation can be handled in other ways, as opposed to the mechanisms that they have chosen, e.g. charging an exorbitant amount of money to re-spec.

In conclusion, I hope BW does make the change to allow dual specs. I do enjoy the game, but these types of policies are starting to wear at my patience. I see a lot of potential in the game and I truly hope for success for it. At this point, as always, it's up to BW to remedy these annoyances...and I wish them the insight to do so!

Edited by ElCapitaan

if i'm not mistaken BW has stated that dual spec will be in the game.

those that don't like it, don't use it.. simple (though you probably will, why gimp yourself by not?)

OP: I have a 50 sorc healer, and had zero problem leveling.

I hope so it is really weird not to have it.

Ya but how do you think the hardocre pvp player feels. Heres this guy who stick with a pvp build at the sacrfice of pve because hes dedicated to pvp.

But ofcourse everyone wants everything. They want to be good at pve and pvp they want it all. Dps and healer... F the ones who dedicate themsevles to a certain playstyle. Lets just have everyone the same.....

Sorry i dont like communism.

Why not? You're just being whiny and scared of change imo. The possibility of having it all is there, why do you want to take it away? Do you love seeing people being annoyed? Are you a sadist?

Again, it seems to me that the only people against this are against it for selfish reasons. Because they want to be special. So they're going to force people to stick with one playstyle instead of give people the possibility to change playstyles once in a while without going through a whole lot of trouble.

Edited by Sharangir

Permanent choices are more fun? What rubbish. If you don't want to ever change your spec, then how does someone elses ability to do so affect you?

Fun aside, it's silly to permanently commit points to an ability that you might not even understand until you've tried it out. Not every ability is simple math and obvious changes. Some things just have vague descriptions that you won't understand fully until you try them out.

On top of that, this is an MMO. Every MMO tweaks/changes things like this on a regular basis. Your commitment isn't only to a choice you've made, it's to future choices that developers will make.

It's hard to avoid commenting on the kind of people that would impose this sort of rule on other players if they could.

It's not permanent. What game are you playing? You CAN respec and it COSTS $

You also have 3 TREES so if something is "tweaked" and you don't like you CAN respec it just costs $

How would me having a dual spec option impact your enjoyment of the game? Why should I stand around for 45 minutes trying to track down a healer to play a game when I can swap specs and do it immediately?

So respec and pay the fee.

Fixed.

OK, for those of you that are against a Dual Spec system, please stop. The Dual Spec system is going to happen, is currently in the works and will be implemented soon. Bioware is going to do it and it doesn’t matter if you want it or not, so deal with it. There is absolutely no point in arguing anymore in not wanting this feature added, it is pointless.

This is from the Q&A session from Feb. 10th and it can be found here: Community Q&A: Feb 10th 2012

This is what they said:

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon

Me personally, I can't wait and am looking forward to it. I am kinda surprised that this wasn't even in at launch, but better late than never I say.

Edited by Dalmorn