Does anyone else use bombers aggressively....?

Storm-Cutter

I know that I'm only a slightly-above-average player, but using Bombers aggressively seems a lot more fun in TDM than hovering around friendly gunships, or laying mines close to power-ups. Okay so its risky, but zooming into the middle of the dogfighting fray, launching mines & drones and powering away seems a lot more fun ( & more score) than simply bumbling around. This strategy usually gets more kills (~5-10) and more assists (~15-25) than being too passive.

Heck, I even score a few kills on unsuspecting players with the cannons if the mines are on cool-down. Anyone else fly bombers like this?

Karn-T'woom / Indio / D'mara-nye = PROGENITOR SERVER

I do on my drone layer. I get in amongst it and plant by Missile drone close to a cliff edge to los GS's and then i punt around shooting mofos with my Laser Cannons. I usually lay Seeker mines aggressively too. I use them kinda like missiles while i have an enemy targeted.

Got 20 kills and 75k dmg in my last TDM doing this.

Putting Heavy Laser Cannons on a Bomber was a giant mistake. Allowing them to have a shield piercing, long range, heavy hitting laser was one of the most unbalanced weapon choices I think they could have made. They're now SUPER effective short range and very effective long range. It's just the mobility, but everybody underestimates a bomber, as if they weren't given teeth.

Putting Heavy Laser Cannons on a Bomber was a giant mistake. Allowing them to have a shield piercing, long range, heavy hitting laser was one of the most unbalanced weapon choices I think they could have made. They're now SUPER effective short range and very effective long range. It's just the mobility, but everybody underestimates a bomber, as if they weren't given teeth.

Awww, look at that cute 'lil gunship sitting at 6100 meters.

*Power to blasters, HK copilot*

Good thing my range is 6300.

If you allow a bomber to line you up with this weapon for anything other than a shot or two, you are doing it wrong.

If you allow a bomber to line you up with this weapon for anything other than a shot or two, you are doing it wrong.

Upgraded, that sucker has 7k range, are you really going to be able to stay 7k away at all times? They can move too. I've gotten 12+ kills in a round with JUST my Heavy Lasers on my bomber in the past.

Upgraded, that sucker has 7k range, are you really going to be able to stay 7k away at all times? They can move too. I've gotten 12+ kills in a round with JUST my Heavy Lasers on my bomber in the past.

6.3 kilometer.

Not 7 kilometers.

yes, apologies for my inadvertent exaggeration

?? edit: In game, mine shows 6900? Looking at it now

It's definitely 6.3k - unless Republic bombers have a range extender.

Besides, if a bomber is able to stay on your ***, you probably shouldn't be eating all those interdiction mines.

Well they are very good offiencively and in a tdm with protons for those of us able to lock them that 11.5km range is absolutely fantasic with a rail gun back up who needs to get close just make them think your comeing in and drop that rail gun wile locking at just under 10k and then fire missle and close and if by some mirical chance they live through the proton and the rail gun may be shooting some one eles who knows you and closeing the distance and then a few shots with conctraited fire and power to weps and bam you have stop that gunship dead in his tracks and I forgot if you by some chance have 2 scouts hitting you drop yoru repair drone for a nice little hot on the fly and shield hot and power to shields shift and the abilty power to shields and you got a heck of a good time on your hands and lord forbide they are total newbs then you will pawn all 3 but a great nova or black bolt pilot with emp and sab probe will tear the bomber apart because the emp knocks out your drone and your conc mine abiltys on the mineslayer for those who don't know that is the main secondary weps cant be used if you get hit by a aoe emp blast

so I recommend some of those people who like to fly the pesky stings and flash fire to get back in there nova's

those are great bomber killers but yea the bomber is a lot of fun no matter what build you go with

It's definitely 6.3k - unless Republic bombers have a range extender.

Besides, if a bomber is able to stay on your ***, you probably shouldn't be eating all those interdiction mines.

ahh I was looking at it on my Pike, which had a range capacitor on it. *facepalm* you're right!

Upgraded, that sucker has 7k range, are you really going to be able to stay 7k away at all times? They can move too.

At the rate of a sandcrawler, maybe. Any other ship class out maneuvers it. And fellow bombers can be built the same, so the point is moot.

I've gotten 12+ kills in a round with JUST my Heavy Lasers on my bomber in the past.

I have too, and when faced against newbie competition, I often challenge any other experienced pilots on my team to do the same... saves newbies some frustration and let's them learn more than if we were all flying mastered Flash Fires/Stings/Etc.

Depends on what you mean by aggressively. Bombers excel at setting up "exclusion zones", which holds true in both Domination and Team Deathmatch. It's a no brainer that these zones are set up at satellites in Domination , but they can be almost anywhere in TDM.

You could fly into the middle of a firefight and try to set one up there, but at the high risk of quickly losing your drones. Personally I'll set up a nest at the edge of a battle front near some sort of line of sight, favoring the direction my team is spawning from. This way they have a safe-ish area to retreat to when being dogged by targets and if the battle shifts in my way I am in prime position to start dropping enemies.

If you find yourself chasing targets for more than 4-5 klicks and dogfighting on a regular basis, you should probably ask yourself why are flying a bomber as there are other ships better suited to those activities.

I actually love playing them aggressively on my drone carrier whether it's setting up the next staging point in Death Match or wrecking people who think they just got a juicy fat target. :D

I have had some of my best matches in my bomber.

Well they are very good offiencively and in a tdm with protons for those of us able to lock them that 11.5km range is absolutely fantasic with a rail gun back up who needs to get close just make them think your comeing in and drop that rail gun wile locking at just under 10k and then fire missle and close and if by some mirical chance they live through the proton and the rail gun may be shooting some one eles who knows you and closeing the distance and then a few shots with conctraited fire and power to weps and bam you have stop that gunship dead in his tracks and I forgot if you by some chance have 2 scouts hitting you drop yoru repair drone for a nice little hot on the fly and shield hot and power to shields shift and the abilty power to shields and you got a heck of a good time on your hands and lord forbide they are total newbs then you will pawn all 3 but a great nova or black bolt pilot with emp and sab probe will tear the bomber apart because the emp knocks out your drone and your conc mine abiltys on the mineslayer for those who don't know that is the main secondary weps cant be used if you get hit by a aoe emp blast

so I recommend some of those people who like to fly the pesky stings and flash fire to get back in there nova's

those are great bomber killers but yea the bomber is a lot of fun no matter what build you go with

Punctuation bro....That is so hard to read.

Who wants to be my poster from now on.I'll tell you what to post and you can post it with proper Punctuation.

I hope this is better . I had to look up how to Punctuate properly . I will try to do better on the next one .

I can work on anything and fix it except a sentence . Never been my strong suit . I will try though.