Am i the only one...

StellaRossa

Who thinks that Makeb is the worst pos in the galaxy?

Came back a few days ago ( after 2 years break ) to try out SW:TOR again. Many things have improved, but... Makeb... seriosly? Did Bioware make Makeb just too see people go crazy?

Mobs every 2 meters... you can't move without getting attacked by an mob...

And another thing, not related to Makeb. *** happened to the community? The first time i came back online after 700 days break i see comments in the general chat about Hitler, and ''fok u j*ws "? Gold sellers on every planet... Insults flying around in every general chat... The sub at the launch of the game at least kept the jedi baby gangsters away...

I don't know anyone that likes Makeb. Its terribly designed. Almost like a 5th grade project in school. Looks nice, nice concept, terrible and awful execution.

This^^^

After playing 1-50 and having worlds to explore, Makeb is a few grassy knolls with far too many mobs that respawn far too quickly. Haven't been back for the quests since my 1st 50-55 toon there.

This^^^

After playing 1-50 and having worlds to explore, Makeb is a few grassy knolls with far too many mobs that respawn far too quickly. Haven't been back for the quests since my 1st 50-55 toon there.

Also not a fan of Makeb. I've completed the Imp storyline on one toon, and for my other Imps, I just get far enough so that I can do Toborro's Courtyard, and then I stop.

I don't have any level 50 Pub characters yet, but when I do, I doubt I'll do the Makeb storyline more than once.

Also not a fan of Makeb. I've completed the Imp storyline on one toon, and for my other Imps, I just get far enough so that I can do Toborro's Courtyard, and then I stop.

I don't have any level 50 Pub characters yet, but when I do, I doubt I'll do the Makeb storyline more than once.

Republic Makeb is worse to be honest. There's this area called Sanctuary where after 2 minutes or so, you'll feel this need to slit your throat or wrists.

DEFINITELY the worse mesa of them, when it comes to overall mob density.

Same for me. Have 8 55 Imps and have only done it on one character. Rest just enough so that I can do TC. It's good that the people who were trying to speak for me by saying it's only the OP are already on my ignore list. Saves me trouble. But I digress. The dailies are atrociously inefficient. Each speeder point to do one daily and there are a million. Grats on being horrible at game design. Now, go make another daily area like Black Hole. That is bar none your best daily zone by far. Stop with this 5 trillion mobs every few feet that respawn in .02 seconds BS no one likes.

Edited by Eyesmindassassin

While I do agree that the mob density is a bit thick, I can speed past of them without out any trouble and I'm pretty good at not aggroing mobs between the gaps. Its a gold mine for credits between the dailies and all the 10000+ chests you find there, (tho those can be difficult get with all the credit farmers).

I like Imp side Makeb better than Rep side. I like the stories but I can't say that I care for running the same story with no variation over and over again. While I do acknowledge that class stories will not be existent for future expansions, I do hope they put a flair on each of the missions for each class rather than recycling story for every class.

Oh and cliff jumping is my favorite activity on Makeb. Fastest way to get from one mesa to another.

Edited by Nickious

Same for me. Have 8 55 Imps and have only done it on one character. Rest just enough so that I can do TC. It's good that the people who were trying to speak for me by saying it's only the OP are already on my ignore list. Saves me trouble. But I digress. The dailies are atrociously inefficient. Each speeder point to do one daily and there are a million. Grats on being horrible at game design. Now, go make another daily area like Black Hole. That is bar none your best daily zone by far. Stop with this 5 trillion mobs every few feet that respawn in .02 seconds BS no one likes.

Exaggerate much?

Once you hit 55, the aggro range on the mobs is completely manageable. The speeders take you directly to your destination without the whole scenic route waste of time. One you finish the quest I just jump off the edge to respawn at the speeder point. Yes, the mob density is higher than earlier areas, but combined with the time saving improvements I find it a time efficient are for daily's.

I for one, have always felt Black Hole area was underwhelming and boring. Variety is much better than all being made in the style you like.

Bleating about blanket ignores for people you disagree with is not a positive attitude. Why even bother coming to the forums in that case?

Edited by RandomXChance

Exaggerate much?

Once you hit 55, the aggro range on the mobs is completely manageable.

LOL! He was obviously not saying there are literally a MILLION.

And curious...how much leveling have you done on Makeb once you hit 55 to avoid the completely frustrating aggro range?

Hated Makeb for leveling, but I think it's one of the best places for dailies. Each one contained on a nice little plateau, easy to skip the ones that you don't like. It's quick to run, too. So, yeah, I like it now. Mob density is not an issue... just kill 'em all or speeder past them. Or stealth. :t_cool:

You're not the only one. Hit Makeb once each on Imp and Pub. Never returned.

At least the Imp story was good. The Pub story was awful and didn't even make sense in the end. Makeb was very underwhelming.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Came back a few days ago ( after 2 years break ) to try out SW:TOR again. Many things have improved, but... Makeb... seriosly? Did Bioware make Makeb just too see people go crazy?

Mobs every 2 meters... you can't move without getting attacked by an mob...

And another thing, not related to Makeb. *** happened to the community? The first time i came back online after 700 days break i see comments in the general chat about Hitler, and ''fok u j*ws "? Gold sellers on every planet... Insults flying around in every general chat... The sub at the launch of the game at least kept the jedi baby gangsters away...

No, you're not the only one.

Makeb is pure grating tedium for a non-stealther. Do the storyline, and then the "Basic Gear (Your Class)" quest, live with the crippling frame-rate drops, line-of-sight/collision-detection bugs, and rendering delays (and my computer is far from low-end) to get Basic comms for gear, and then never, ever come back, at least that's what I do nowadays.

No, it's not hard, it's not even remotely challenging, it's certainly not fun, it's just constant tedium, all with the usual world-class polish and finish-quality I've come o expect of EA products.

And yes, the community has turned to complete and utter garbage: I'm on five servers, it's all, always the bloody same.

But hey gaize! Lookie-loo!

!!!!NEW CARTEL PACK!!!!

We get the game we deserve, and deserve the game we get.

Edited by midianlord

I actually miss makeb , anyway OP , if you have hero standing on makeb rep then you don't really need t do it multiple times. I have done the weekly there on the republic side about 25 times and only about 8 times on the Imperial side.

Now Oricon has worse density of mobs you just wait and see OP. You'll love that place. So yeah lots can be skipped now just do your GF daily tactical mission , you get 10 basic per day between 51-54 and skip makeb simples.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

The planet is beautiful, at least in my opinion, but it's kinda hard to see the beauty of it when you get shot every 2m.

Besides it being pretty, the dailes on it are very easy and quickly done. But the mob density really is insane. I wanted to destroy my monitor at one moment :rak_01: from rage.

Edited by StellaRossa

I actually miss makeb , anyway OP , if you have hero standing on makeb rep then you don't really need t do it multiple times. I have done the weekly there on the republic side about 25 times and only about 8 times on the Imperial side.

Now Oricon has worse density of mobs you just wait and see OP. You'll love that place. So yeah lots can be skipped now just do your GF daily tactical mission , you get 10 basic per day between 51-54 and skip makeb simples.

Hmmm...I don't think that's true at all. I've never had a problem with Oricon density, but Makeb drives me nuts.