Eric Musco on Rancor Mounts

IWantOffLineGame

Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.

Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.

Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.

Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

LMFAO at the Unnamed SWTOR podcast host JD who said Eric Musco said on Twitter that he was 99% sure the Rancor Mount will be PvP only.

I don't PvE, but is Nightmare Dread Palace harder than getting a 1500 PvP rating? Cuz that mount sounds pretty cool.

PS:

You don't need to worry about any future PvP Ranked rewards, as EA will make sure those who don't have skill, will be able to buy it from the CM.

Why did I re-sub to get a 1500 PvP rating again? Oh that's right, I wanted a Rancor Mount only available from doing Ranked PvP. Well egg is on my face!

I could QQ more, but I'll leave it at that! :(

Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.

Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.

Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.

Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

LMFAO at the Unnamed SWTOR podcast host JD who said Eric Musco said on Twitter that he was 99% sure the Rancor Mount will be PvP only.

I don't PvE, but is Nightmare Dread Palace harder than getting a 1500 PvP rating? Cuz that mount sounds pretty cool.

PS:

You don't need to worry about any future PvP Ranked rewards, as EA will make sure those who don't have skill, will be able to buy it from the CM.

Why did I re-sub to get a 1500 PvP rating again? Oh that's right, I wanted a Rancor Mount only available from doing Ranked PvP. Well egg is on my face!

1500 is much easier, and took me 1-2 days to get, no sweat. As for NIM: One, it's a chance to drop, and it only drops one, might even be 16man only. Your whole group is going to roll for it every time as well. CM is in the future, ie when this game is dead because everyone's moved on.

What a shame. All they had to do was sit back and show that even though pvpers are a minority they are entitled to some unique rewards for all the hard work they put in, especially the ones who have studied the game well enough to be among the best. Instead it's the same hand holding that pve'ers have always gotten.

What are the five stages of grief:

1. Denial - Just keep playing the game as usual. It can't be that bad. It just can't be.

2. Anger - The forum posts start, the raging out at team mates starts. The hatred grows.

3. Bargaining - The futile attempt to calmly demonstrate your willingness to work with devs and the like to improve the game. You believe your input might be influential. It is not.

4. Depression- The realization that nothing you can do will change what's going on in game. The forum posts stop, the grind continues, nothing changes.

5. Acceptance - You go play Wildstar or ESO and understand why EA has been voted the worst company in America two years running. That's worse than American Airlines, Walmart, and Comcast.

1. Denial - Just keep playing the game as usual. It can't be that bad. It just can't be.

2. Anger - The forum posts start, the raging out at team mates starts. The hatred grows.

3. Bargaining - The futile attempt to calmly demonstrate your willingness to work with devs and the like to improve the game. You believe your input might be influential. It is not.

4. Depression- The realization that nothing you can do will change what's going on in game. The forum posts stop, the grind continues, nothing changes.

5. Acceptance - You go play Wildstar or ESO and understand why EA has been voted the worst company in America two years running. That's worse than American Airlines, Walmart, and Comcast.

lol golden +rep

I don't see the problem with this.

Each Rancor can be differentiated from the other.

That way:

Good pvpers can show off.

Good pveers can show off.

People who like to spend real money on fake vanity items can show off.

No reason to whine.

Edited by Pathlight-

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

PS:

Did you just complain about items being on the cartel market yet say you resubbed for a cosmetic item?!

And we wonder why they put so much stuff on the cartel shop. :rolleyes:

That way:

No reason to whine.

^^this lol

Also going by the OP's name I am like ninety percent certain he is here to do nothing but troll.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Did you just complain about items being on the cartel market yet say you resubbed for a cosmetic item?!

And we wonder why they put so much stuff on the cartel shop. :rolleyes:

Ironic right?!

The mount PvPers are getting is an EXCLUSIVE PvP skin.

To think the rankor mount idea would be exclusive to PvP is just silly. Bioware reskins EVERYTHING!

It is going to be MUCH MUCH harder to get.

FACT: NiM Ops are intended for only the top 1% to 2% to complete when it is intended to be completed (overleveling and overgearing don't count toward that statement).

FACT: the mount will not drop every time, hence the words "chance to get"

FACT: as someone else pointed out, there will be only one drop (if it happens) and seven or 15 others will want it too.

So, the most dedicated guilds will start getting the cyborg rancor fairly quickly, but for the rest of us, it may take years.

That way:

No reason to whine.

This is my issue for PvE-ers getting it.

They did this because pvers didn't already have enough pve exclusive mounts?

No offense, but you're really gullible if you thought they would make a mount that will rack up the money in cartel store transactions and put it as a reward to only the minority of the game's player base.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

PS:

This is pretty much the reaction of Pvpers now

http://www.thisisyourconscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/ResizedImage368245-crying.jpg

Duran'del here:

Not like you're going to use it anyway. PvPers just sit around the fleet. You don't need to go anywhere for PvP.

Truth.

What we needed was a pet cat. Yes, we have the Neskarr Cat which is awesome! But we need more cats.