There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

Beniboybling

Patience, my young padawans. In exactly 3 days (in Germany; probably 2 in the US?) we will know the answer.

So far, season 6 has been super. They are definitely closing in and it's quite exciting. Yoda on Dagobah was awesome. I expect epicness in the final two episodes. Whether Moraband or Korriban. After the first 11 episodes, this feels non-relevant tbh. It's just good, that's all that matters to me at the end.

Edited by JattaGin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it might make sense that in the time of the Republic post-Russan that Moraband become the common name for the planet. Perhaps a result of lost knowledge during the New Sith Wars. It could work, heck Korriban already has another name (Pesegam) from an ancient time anyway.

Well it might make sense that in the time of the Republic post-Russan that Moraband become the common name for the planet. Perhaps a result of lost knowledge during the New Sith Wars. It could work, heck Korriban already has another name (Pesegam) from an ancient time anyway.

Korriban, in Dark Empire Sidious still call it Korriban.

Korriban, in Dark Empire Sidious still call it Korriban.

He also had all the teachings of ancient sith passed down from before the New Sith Wars, teachings even the jedi didn't have (read the Book of Sith for more clarification). So it stands to reason he'd call it by its sith/original name while the rest of the Republic would know it by the new name.

He also had all the teachings of ancient sith passed down from before the New Sith Wars, teachings even the jedi didn't have (read the Book of Sith for more clarification). So it stands to reason he'd call it by its sith/original name while the rest of the Republic would know it by the new name.

The rebels also call it Korriban.

The rebels also call it Korriban.

Again, after the fall of the republic Sidious may have brought back the old name of the Sith homeworld. Besides, no matter what something will get retconned or adjusted, too many conflicts with a name change this late.

Sounds like lucas wanted Korribans named changed to Morriban and that is now the name of the planet.

The guy just cant get his hand out of the universe, but it has changed now and that is that .

Leeland Chee, the guy who actually is in charge of implementing said changes, did say that it'll probably end up as just another name for the same planet.

Old New York, was once New Amsterdam

Istanbul was Constantinople which was Byzantium.

Bejing was Peking, Japan was Nippon.

Burma, Myanmar

Names change for a whole bunch of reasons, Yoda may call it differnet things due to the cultural difference between the time he was brought up in VS when other where brought up.

Leeland Chee, the guy who actually is in charge of implementing said changes, did say that it'll probably end up as just another name for the same planet.

Leland Chee isnt in charge of anything anymore. I seriously doubt Abrams and Kennedy will disrespect George's wishes.

Leland Chee isnt in charge of anything anymore. I seriously doubt Abrams and Kennedy will disrespect George's wishes.
Leland Chee is still the Keeper of the Holocron. Its his job to resolve canon inconsistencies as best he can in this matter. And given that explaining this won't "disrespect George's wishes" I fail to see the issue here.

That and George is the one who isn't in charge anymore, lol.

Anyway this is good news, it didn't seem likely to be that they would ever retcon Korriban out of the EU in the first place. And they haven't, so I suppose we can stop ringing the 'EU is dead' death toll now right? :rolleyes:

So far.

Tython isnt the planet with the origins of the force.

Darth Bane as an illusion

Its not possible to turn into a Force Ghost unless you take the trials by the sages

Edited by Girdeux

So far.

Tython isnt the planet with the origins of the force.

Darth Bane as an illusion

Its not possible to turn into a Force Ghost unless you take the trials by the sages

It was never said the Force started on Tython. Even the Rakata used the Force.

On the upside, at least Lucas kept the names that mattered. Let's be honest, planets can be renamed on a whim. But

the Dark Lord who created the modern Sith Order

is kinda more important than that.

Played brilliantly by Mark Hamill, btw. And they stayed pretty loyal to the design of Korriban. So the planet was remaned sometime between the Old Republic Era and the Clone Wars. It makes sense.

I just watched the last episode of the clone wars. When you watch episode three from the movies, you are left with allot of questions. The clone wars series was a good enough to find out the whole story. They ended it good. As for the planet name change well its like yoda said in the show many wars were fought over korriban. One thing that always happens in war is facts get distorted so I could see a planet's name getting changed. It explains why not all Jedi can live on and keep their identities, this being one of those long term unanswered questions. This being said I do have a bad feeling about the new star wars films. I honestly think they are going to get botched after watching these last episodes.

As for the Rakata story/infinite empire. I ignore that story in the game, it was one the bad things in swtor. The sith in the star wars universe are supposed to be the ultimate expression of evil. That story line props the idea that there is and was someone out there more evil and powerful then the sith. To me thats a bad scify plot and I would not consider it as lore or canon.

As for the Rakata story/infinite empire. I ignore that story in the game, it was one the bad things in swtor. The sith in the star wars universe are supposed to be the ultimate expression of evil. That story line props the idea that there is and was someone out there more evil and powerful then the sith. To me thats a bad scify plot and I would not consider it as lore or canon.

(bolded what's the most eye-catching)

Look at where the Rakata are now compared to the Sith; one's a practically extinct species while the Sith are at least surviving and having theirs ups and downs. :rolleyes:

What's bad sci-fi plot is stagnating the universe with only one group of villains returning again and again to defeat the heroes, ala Bowser style. Sith aren't the ultimate antithesis in Star Wars; the Dark Side is. The Rakata fill that role as Dark Side users in an era that predates the Sith Order.

Edited by Forgon

Wait, so has it hit Netflix?

What are you guys finding it under? Searching for it shows nothing...

Yep! Saw it this morning! I just searched "The Clone Wars" and it popped up.

Edit: I'm in the USA, if you're in another country, air dates may be different.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

So yeah....I think now because of season 6, TFU really is retconned from what I just saw in a particular episode. :p Which thus means a certain deleted scene is legit now.

You literally just ruined something HUGE for me XD

Damn you lack of Spoiler Tags! :p

Lol, I really want to see that episode now... But ****, I won't hear of any more Spoilers.

However Beni I suggest you use those links I just posted, because I'm going to HAVE to use some of these Kamioan spoilers for my analysis of Warren's faction.