Official Petition: Please DO NOT create another tier of PvP gear for 2.7

ParagonAX

Another vote here for please NEVER EVER any gear escalation again. New designs, fine. New stats that force me to grind and waste time just to be able to play without being one or two shotted, no thank you. I have 7 55s pvping, and I prefer that, not logging onto one character only to pvp. I do not have full obroan on any characters, nor fully augmented gear on any of them.

I guarantee you, the only people who like gear escalation are the people who have one pvp character (or one only) and pvp all day, evening, and even night somehow. Because trampling all the other people with limited time to play is the funnest thing they can think of doing with their lives. Unfortunately for EA and BW they are going to discover that for every one of these people, there are prob 50 to 100 people paying for the game that only have limited time to play. And once they are finally discouraged by their waste of time grinding, will cancel subscriptions, write reviews telling people not to even buy the game, they will have to pull the plug so to speak and shut down the game entirely.

Just another greedy business model. Better wise up and stop "competing" with other MMO models by simply doing the exact same thing they do.

Edited by daDren

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you, the only people who like gear escalation are the people who have one pvp character (or one only) and pvp all day, evening, and even night somehow. Because trampling all the other people with limited time to play is the funnest thing they can think of doing with their lives. Unfortunately for EA and BW they are going to discover that for every one of these people, there are prob 50 to 100 people paying for the game that only have limited time to play. And once they are finally discouraged by their waste of time grinding, will cancel subscriptions, write reviews telling people not to even buy the game, they will have to pull the plug so to speak and shut down the game entirely.

A lot of these individuals are against the new gear as well. At least until a new level cap is added or a great deal more PvP content.

I'd be ok with new pvp gear if they did away with bolster in 55 pvp.

I honestly hate the fact they add new pvp gear as often as they do.

I had 3 toons in war hero gear, then elite war hero gear, to return the game and find out that they took the expertise off that gear making it useless. Now i get to the point again where i am max gear and get to work on more characters to what start all over yet again. Nothing like grinding and having what you earned taken from you over and over again. It's time to unsub for good. I spend time improving my toons i expect to retain what I gained, its pointless to play anymore.

/signed

They should only give us more pvp gear when they increase the level cap. I don't want another tier of pvp gear, I am still working on the one I already got. (Obroan gear)

Also, like others have said, remove bolster from lvl 55 pvp , it is not needed and people are manipulating the bolster system. Just get rid of it, tbh, it is giving cheaters a way to take advantage of a broken bolster system and manipulate stats....

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Another vote here for please NEVER EVER any gear escalation again. New designs, fine. New stats that force me to grind and waste time just to be able to play without being one or two shotted, no thank you. I have 7 55s pvping, and I prefer that, not logging onto one character only to pvp. I do not have full obroan on any characters, nor fully augmented gear on any of them.

Just another greedy business model. Better wise up and stop "competing" with other MMO models by simply doing the exact same thing they do.

If they were to increase the level cap , I would expect them to issue us another set of pvp gear for that level, but they are not doing that. What they are doing is giving us another grind, after we just got this new set of pvp gear (Obroan) not that long ago, why are they issuing more pvp gear now? Alot of people are still trying to gear up all their toons with the one set that is already in place.

If they were to increase the level cap , I would expect them to issue us another set of pvp gear for that level, but they are not doing that. What they are doing is giving us another grind, after we just got this new set of pvp gear (Obroan) not that long ago, why are they issuing more pvp gear now? Alot of people are still trying to gear up all their toons with the one set that is already in place.

Except I didn't get my Obroan yet. I'm getting it in 2.7.

And that - my friends - is the reason BW is adding new gear.

PS: We've been through Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster, Warlord, Elite Warlord, Partisan, Conqueror, and Obroan. Did you guys honestly think it was EVER going to STOP?

Edited by easeyway

All this basically does is keep me from spending any more coms on anything. Also mindless grind in hopeless effort to not be 'behind in gear' again. Seriously, thats the worst time in pvp: When you just have to grind your set to 'get back to competetive levels' and it just keeps new ones from ever joining up.

/Signed here too

Reason I canceled my Warcraft Sub, was just freaking tired of having to grind every week to have the latest season gear, just to have to grind it again a few months later cause you´d get 2 shoted if you didnt.

Add new piece bonuses, different looks, small "nice to have" things, anything, but dont make old gear just obsolete.

I think it's funny how everyone that is against this new tier has 1 of 2 reasons that actually conflict with each other.

On 1 side we've got the people saying it's a pointless grind because of the negligible stat increase on a new tier.

On the other side we've got people saying it's a pain in the *** to grind a new tier because they don't want to get "2 shotted" by the people that have the new tier.

Apparently a negligible stat increase will allow people to 2 shot others that don't have the new tier.

Which side is right?

Instead of a static gear grind of more powerful gear, how about keep the gear same, just add additional gear with the same stats yet different set bonuses.

This would make the grind more interesting, giving you the option to choose gear with different set bonuses for your class. Some could give you better offensive capabilities (increased damage on certain abilities), others with better defensives (or reduced CD). They could also make gear that would be tailored to each spec of a class (set bonuses that affect skills and abilities in each tree). So for each spec of each class in the game there would be at least 2 sets of gear with different set bonuses.

The tricky part would be creating attractive set bonuses that wouldn't be too overpowered compared to the other set bonuses of the same class, as well as other classes of the same role (DPS, healing, tank).

Terrible thread. Terrible idea.

Never seen an mmo community actively WORK to destroy pvp like this one. First there was 55 bolster, now this nonsense. This idea is bad and you all should feel bad.

Way to flame bait. It's not a bad idea to ask for your grind to mean something. And no, I am not talking about stat deltas.

PvP would be much better if the devs focused more on the grind for bling instead of a grind to nowhere, or didn't you get the memo that how bolster works when a new gear tier is provided?

The sad thing is why can't the gear wait til significant content hits? I don't get it :(

To be fair I'm pretty sure the community never sees anything as content. I remember when the arenas where added we had lots of people running around asking why BW hadn't given them any pvp content....

What is the point of balancing classes when they intentionally create gear imbalances.

the whole idea that everyone is not in the same gear is just dumb, the idea that the winners get even better gear is even dumber.

Next year the winners of the super bowl will get better gear in the regular season then everyone else.

Just dumb.

Someone decided that because you grind gear in MMO PvE, a P E R S O N A L B E S T activity, that it should be the same in PvP, a C O M P E T I T I O N, where everything is supposed to be fair.

It was wrong in the other games and it is wrong in SWTOR.

On 1 side we've got the people saying it's a pointless grind because of the negligible stat increase on a new tier.

I hope this one is true over the other option :)

That would mean I dont "have to" grind every new tier.

Would be way better if the new gear had different bonuses and nice-to-have stuff than just way-better stats overall that make the old gear just instantly obsolete.

I hope this one is true over the other option :)

That would mean I dont "have to" grind every new tier.

Would be way better if the new gear had different bonuses and nice-to-have stuff than just way-better stats overall that make the old gear just instantly obsolete.

Between Conq and Obroan it was about 8 endurance and 7-8 aim per item, so 14 items that is 112 endurance and 98-122 aim.

Between Conq and Obroan it was about 8 endurance and 7-8 aim per item, so 14 items that is 112 endurance and 98-122 aim.

Interesting, thats like 5% more stats? nothing to cry about :D thought the difference was way, way bigger.

I think it's funny how everyone that is against this new tier has 1 of 2 reasons that actually conflict with each other.

On the other side we've got people saying it's a pain in the *** to grind a new tier because they don't want to get "2 shotted" by the people that have the new tier.

Apparently a negligible stat increase will allow people to 2 shot others that don't have the new tier.

Which side is right?

There is a third group, related to but not precisely the same as #1: the I don't want to grind multiple characters again.

And as to those who claim the time between sets is too short: it's been six months people. 2.4 and Oberan hit in early OCTOBER, and we are getting a new set of gear in early APRIL.

And to those who want new gear with new content: we are getting a new huttball map. What more "content" do you want than a new map?

Lastly, new PvP gear appears to coincide with new PvE gear. They are only keeping things "even."

#4 It is the symptom of a bad idea: Self inflicted gear imbalance

It is hard enough to balance an MMO for PvP, adding intentional gear imbalance in the form of new sets with new stats is just plain dumb, especially in light of Bolster.

If it were me gear would not matter at all except that something would be required in every slot :p

Bolster to level "60", give away cars and speeders for rewards...

Which side is right?

To a degree, exaggeration aside, both sides are right.

The stat differences aren't huge, but they are significant enough to give an edge - so advancement, right?

Wrong.

If everyone gets the gear - which all competitive PvPers will feel they are forced to do, then essentially all the new stats cancel each other out. Nothing will have changed.

Except that everyone will have spent cash upgrading their gear.

Heck, I probably have enough comms banked to buy the complete new set the moment 2.7 drops - It's not 'work' that bothers me. It's just that it is UTTERLY pointless. No 'upside' to it at all, no new shiny armor models, nothing.

Completely pointless.

Edited by Jherad

To a degree, exaggeration aside, both sides are right.

The stat differences aren't huge, but they are significant enough to give an edge - so advancement, right?

Wrong.

If everyone gets the gear - which all competitive PvPers will feel they are forced to do, then essentially all the new stats cancel each other out. Nothing will have changed.

Except that everyone will have spent cash upgrading their gear.

Heck, I probably have enough comms banked to buy the complete new set the moment 2.7 drops - It's not 'work' that bothers me. It's just that it is UTTERLY pointless. No 'upside' to it at all, no new shiny armor models, nothing.

Completely pointless.

It keeps the hamster wheel going. Be honest, if there was no "carrot" would you really play forever?

/signed

Founder here for the game I play and am subscribed since relaunch. I do not want new sets of pvp gear going in with greater stats. I would think it would be neat to have cosmetic or perhaps consumables that could be used in pvp matches.