The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

Except, you know, an exclusive title. And a ranking. And your name posted to the leader boards.

You're right there are no titles exclusive to PvE.

There is so much in this game exclusive to PvE I don't see why there can't be one thing that PvP players can have that PvE players don't get.

It doesn't matter when the decision to port the Rancor to PvE/CM was made (not that it would have taken much even if they decided to do it because of the forum QQ), the fact that people are thrilled to lower the overall quality of the game as long as it means they can throw more money at EA/BW is terrible for gaming in general and for this game.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right there are no titles exclusive to PvE.

There is so much in this game exclusive to PvE I don't see why there can't be one thing that PvP players can have that PvE players don't get.

It doesn't matter when the decision to port the Rancor to PvE/CM was made (not that it would have taken much even if they decided to do it because of the forum QQ), the fact that people are thrilled to lower the overall quality of the game as long as it means they can throw more money at EA/BW is terrible for gaming in general and for this game.

The skin is exclusive.

God *********** damn it, BW. Catering to the whiners yet again. To all you whiners, pls go.

Catering to the lowest denominator again. Why try and earn something when if you complain about it, it will juts be handed to you.

LOL, you really think they made some "change" based upon a couple of days of forum posts. It was pretty obvious to most of us that that other types of Rancor mounts would eventually be coming to the CM anyway.

Do you really believe the decision to have some kind of Rancor mount drop from NiM DP and then available on the CM was made just this week? This was planned as soon as they decided to add a Rancor mount to the game. It was just a matter of where it would show up first.

Exactly.

I don't know why people can't just let other people have something they don't. Instead of going to earn a Rancor mount, or getting better prepared to get the rewards next season everyone complains until it is handed to them.

I don't know why people worry about what other people have and can't enjoy something if anyone else has anything remotely similar to what they have. PVP'ers will have their own exclusive looking Rancor mount. Any CM Rancor mounts coming down the road will look different. So we will all be able to tell who are the l33t PVP'ers like you. Isn't that the whole point of your "reward"? So that we'll all be able to tell you reached the top tier of ranked PVP? Well, you will still get something that signifies that and distinguishes you from everyone else who did not. If that's important to you. In reality, no one else cares about what stuff you have...but if you think trolling around the fleet with your particular gear makes other people jealous, then whatever floats your boat, lol. But when you're whining that the entire class of Rancor-type mounts is not closed off to everyone else, it is pretty obvious that you're more concerned with what other people get than with you getting some distinguishing badge of PVP status...because you're still getting that anyway.

The skin is exclusive.

Cool, but now the mount isn't. Can I get a reskin of all the mounts that drop form raids like the tank? No I can't. I ahve to complete the content.

That however isn't the case for the people who PvP. Our exclusive mount is going to reskinned and sold in CM so any F2P player can have it at level 15. Every single person on the fleet could have one.

Saying the skin is exclusive is like saying your Civic is exclusive because it's red.

Cool, but now the mount isn't. Can I get a reskin of all the mounts that drop form raids like the tank? No I can't. I ahve to complete the content.

That however isn't the case for the people who PvP. Our exclusive mount is going to reskinned and sold in CM so any F2P player can have it at level 15. Every single person on the fleet could have one.

Saying the skin is exclusive is like saying your Civic is exclusive because it's red.

No, more like my civic is exclusive because only 5% of the people that have a civic have the same paint job. You can always go run the raids and get the mounts, your skin is only available for season one top pvpers.

Sorry PVPers. I agree, and for a few days, I actually started PVPing. Now, I'll just wait and get my PVE version. :/ Really something cool BW did, and then quickly became something lame they did.

Give very exclusive rewards for different content to encourage people to play other parts of the game! A reskin is exlusive, but not very exclusive. All the different taun tauns and veractyles and dewbacks all look the same. All these different rancors are going to end up looking the same and not very unique now.

Exactly. The bumper stickers on your red Civic make it unique because only 5% of the population has the same bumper stickers on their red Civics.

And none can get them any more. Your skin is what sets it apart. After season one, it is gone. Just like my founder title in game, it was a time locked reward. Other titles exist, but mine is different enough to set it apart.

LOL, you really think they made some "change" based upon a couple of days of forum posts. It was pretty obvious to most of us that that other types of Rancor mounts would eventually be coming to the CM anyway.

Does it matter when they made the decision?

I can't wait to see the tears on here if BW ever reskins all the NiM raid rewards and drops them in the CM.

For once I thought PvP players would have something unique but I guess that's not the case.

Well, I suppose there is no reason to grind out the PVP rankings when I can just buy it with my monthly reward cartel coins! How disappointing! We FINALLY have "something" worth WORKING TOWARD, an exclusive reward, and BW announces that soon it'll be for EVERYONE to get! PAY TO WIN!

In my opinion, THIS is the exact reason people are losing interest in SWTOR. There aren't any priceless rewards to being good at this game so why would anyone strive to accomplish these things? For those of you who played "WOW", do you remember "shiny's"? Shiny's were items (mounts, pets, etc) that were extremely rare. Meaning, maybe 1 or 2 people on the entire server would have that item! SWTOR doesn't have anything like this... which is extremely discouraging! There are no incentives :(.

Bioware, think of it this way, if you gave rare items for achieving great things in game... People would play the game more, to get better, to get these rewards! In time, swtor players would become better players because there are rewards at the top of the ladder. You have to give people a reason to want to play the game. Content alone isn't enough. Operations alone aren't enough. Warzones aren't enough...

Priceless awards aka Shiny's = WIN :D

Sorry PVPers. I agree, and for a few days, I actually started PVPing. Now, I'll just wait and get my PVE version. :/ Really something cool BW did, and then quickly became something lame they did.

Give very exclusive rewards for different content to encourage people to play other parts of the game! A reskin is exlusive, but not very exclusive. All the different taun tauns and veractyles and dewbacks all look the same. All these different rancors are going to end up looking the same and not very unique now.

This guy gets it.

Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.

• Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.
  • Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

SWTOR PVPers everywhere just got globaled with a 999 K crit. Ouch

Edited by kimdante

Does it matter when they made the decision?

Since you claimed that a Rancor eventually showing up on the CM is a reaction to forum complaints ("Why try and earn something when if you complain about it, it will [just] be handed to you"), yes, it does matter. You can't react to something that hasn't happened yet.

You were *hoping* this would be something unique to PvP, but really there was no way that such a desirable class of mount was going to remain exclusive. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get something substantial that IS exclusive, but it isn't and never was going to be a rancor mount.

Since you claimed that a Rancor eventually showing up on the CM is a reaction to forum complaints ("Why try and earn something when if you complain about it, it will [just] be handed to you"), yes, it does matter. You can't react to something that hasn't happened yet.

You were *hoping* this would be something unique to PvP, but really there was no way that such a desirable class of mount was going to remain exclusive. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get something substantial that IS exclusive, but it isn't and never was going to be a rancor mount.

I havent seen any variations on the avalanche tank or the helix hyperpod mount or the titan six containment vehicle. They seem to be fine with giving endgame PVE gamers exclusive rewards. Am I wrong?

Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.

• Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.
  • Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

So when can I expect to be able to buy a Titan 6 Containment vehicle from the CM? Or that sweet Helix Hyperpod? Or that Avalanche Tank?

Because if you're going to do this to a PVP "exclusive" mount, you ought to do it to ALL the PVE NiM content mounts.

So when can I expect to be able to buy a Titan 6 Containment vehicle from the CM? Or that sweet Helix Hyperpod? Or that Avalanche Tank?

Because if you're going to do this to a PVP "exclusive" mount, you ought to do it to ALL the PVE NiM content mounts.

lol did you copy and paste my post?

PvP'ers at least used to have all of the awesome looking armor sets. Then they removed ALL requirements from War Hero rated gear- they didn't even put a valor requirement in the place of the rating requirement. Now they're starting to put skimpy versions of the Battlemaster gear on the CM.

I decided to grind to valor 60 on my Juggernaut just so I could wear the spiky armor- then it was released about two weeks later. Wait two or three Cartel Packs and I guarantee that we'll have skimpy Dread Master (Inquisitor Battlemaster) robes and skimpy Consular Battlemaster robes- which I also decided to grind to valor 60 to wear. I literally would have never even started PvP'ing if I could have worn those gear sets.

I imagine the frustration over this mount is in this same vein. I'm certainly not going to PvP to get it when I can just get it reskinned from operations that I'm going to do anyway.

Edited by UTlNNl

omg another fail :(

pve unique mount : 3, t9 from scum and villany, Tank from EC Nim, tfb nim...i dont know the name of that mout.

pvp unique : 1, ... Rancor mount ...ops NO 0

Let me explain, A reskin model isn't a new mount

A mount from cartel market is beauty, but is useless,

an unique mount, it's like, "it was difficult but i did it, i'm strong, my guild is strong..." it's like a feat of strenght.

it's a badge, it's a trophy, i will work hard fot that.

and you are destroing all

I just want o point out to everyone in this thread who is complaining about this reward being only available to PvP players with a certain ranking that you are what is wrong with modern gaming.

You are begging EA to add more microtransactions to the game. You are begging for them to remove any individuality of the players. You are begging them to remove any value from performing well.

I don't know why people can't just let other people have something they don't. Instead of going to earn a Rancor mount, or getting better prepared to get the rewards next season everyone complains until it is handed to them.

TL;DR - You guys are so lame it hurts. Generation ME at it's finest.

This. A hundred times this.